No replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8326 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:06 AM

Inside Mac Games' Ted Bade has posted the first part of a new two part review of Bethesda Softworks' The Elder Scrolls Online. The online fantasy title is the first MMO adaptation of the long running Elder Scrolls RPG universe. Set roughly 1,000 years before the events in The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim, ESO gives players the chance to explore the far reaches of the land, fight deadly monsters, and discover magical items.

Here's an excerpt:

ESO depends heavily on the curiosity of the player to explore the local environments to find adventure. Speaking with any NPC often provides a hint to some adventure, treasure, or quest, or simply information about the world. Finding quests and quest givers isn’t completely “spoon-fed” to the player. One is instead required to explore to find them, perhaps taking out a pile of the local monsters and nasty beasties along the way. The beginnings of some quests I found were in obvious places, such as cities and towns, along the major roads, and in areas one is sent to for another quest. I did find some quests just by wandering around the wilds, exploring areas that my map indicated I hadn’t yet visited. I am a big fan of exploring a game world and would rather not have all quests spoon fed and easy to locate.

Read the full review at the link below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News