6 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8404 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:49 AM

Devolver Digital returned the classic shoot'em up glory and infamy of Duke Nukem to modern computers with the release of Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition, and the pack is now available for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The compilation includes enhanced versions of the Atomic Edition and three unique expansion packs, as well as a copy of the original version of Duke Nukem 3D.

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition is the definitive compilation of the landmark first-person shooter that includes enhanced versions of Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition and three unique expansion packs as well as the original version of the classic game. The iconic Duke Nukem battles it out against a slew of alien foes in the original four episode "Atomic Edition" single-player campaign and three over-the-top expansion packs that take the loudmouthed hero to a tropical paradise, a winter wonderland, and even Washington D.C. Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition features polished OpenGL visuals, native compatibility with modern PC and Mac computers, Steam Achievements, and Steam Cloud support. Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition will continue to receive feature updates including Steamworks-enabled online multiplayer, new achievements and integration of additional Duke Nukem 3D expansion packs.

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition includes:

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition - All four officially released episodes of the iconic shooter with carefully restored visuals, timeless gameplay, and challenging Steam achievements. (OpenGL)

Duke Caribbean: Life's a Beach - Grab your water gun and sunscreen as Duke battles vacationing aliens in beach side hotels, tropical lagoons and even a cruise ship! (OpenGL)

Duke It Out in D.C. - Duke takes his special brand of politics to Washington D.C. to turn back the alien invasion set against the White House, the Lincoln Memorial, and even FBI headquarters. (OpenGL)

Duke: Nuclear Winter - Take a brutal walk through this winter wonderland as Duke gets into the holiday spirit by bringing the battle to the North Pole! (OpenGL)

Duke Nukem 3D Classic - The classic version of Duke Nukem 3D in all it's original glory. Hail to the King, baby! (DOSBox)

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition is available now for $9.99 (USD).
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15701 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:58 AM

This interests me, but I can't get it right now.  Anyone play this version of the game?  Any keyboard/mouse problems with it?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#3 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7144 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 30 April 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:

This interests me, but I can't get it right now.  Anyone play this version of the game?  Any keyboard/mouse problems with it?
I have this version on Steam. It works mostly fine, but there is a bug that renders the text in the menus invisible occasionally.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#4 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15701 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

A couple of post-it notes with menu text on your video screen and you are good to go.  Tell me more about the other parts that aren't "mostly fine".
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#5 Diablofett

Diablofett

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:34 PM

"I'll rip your head off and **** down your neck!" :)

#6 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:11 PM

How many times must those alien bastards pay for shooting up your ride? When will the killing stop? :crying:

#7 MichalM.Mac

MichalM.Mac

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:15 AM

Classic!
https://www.youtube....h?v=3p_OuMW4bfE