Empire and Napoleon Total War which version to get?

Empire Total War Mac App Store DVD

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PoliSciGuy

PoliSciGuy

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:44 PM

hi gang,

i see that empire total war and napoleon total war are out for the mac. rome also got an update it seems (note: don't update to 1.4 unless you have OS 10.8.5). my question is this. i really enjoy these games and am considering picking up napoleon total war, however, i see no one playing on game ranger (not even rome).

so my questions are: which is the best version to get to play multi-player (empire, napoleon)? the MAS version or the DVD? where can i find the maximum number of players? how do i get people to play with? does the MAS version have a good player base?

happy gaming!

p.s. does anyone know why the mac version of these games is not on steam??

#2 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

View PostPoliSciGuy, on 07 April 2014 - 01:44 PM, said:

p.s. does anyone know why the mac version of these games is not on steam??

Because Steam sucks ?

TROLOLOLbomb

/runs away

;)

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#3 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6075 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:22 PM

It'd be nice if they were considering I bought the Total War Grandmaster pack.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#4 PoliSciGuy

PoliSciGuy

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

hi all,

so back to my question. is the MAS version any good - what i mean is, is there a good player base on game centre (i have never tried gc)? or would i be better off with the DVD version? some help with this would be great.

all the best.

#5 PoliSciGuy

PoliSciGuy

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:24 PM

so does no one play this on mac game centre? can no one tell me if there is a good multiplayer base on game centre for the empire games?

#6 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6075 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

Couldn't tell you. I don't use Game Center for anything but a small handful of iOS games.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Empire, Total War, Mac App Store, DVD