"Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty" announced for multi-platform—including Mac!oddworld inhabitant Odyssey abe platformer exodus oddysee exoddus
Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:59 PM
I decided to post this in Strategy because it's where, for lack of a platforming genre, this title belongs more so.
Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:19 AM
I was surprised to see that an updated (or refreshed, if you prefer) version of Abe's Oddysee for the Mac is being released by GoG next week. I remember playing this game on the original Playstation back in the 90s - it's a brutally difficult* platformer, but I enjoyed the hell out of it.
(* for me. I suck at this sort of game)
Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:09 PM
8 - iPhone SE, 16GB
7- iPad Pro 12.9", WiFi 128GB
6- MacMini 7,1: firstname.lastname@example.orgGHZ, 8GB, Intel Iris (5100)
5- iPad Air, 16Gb
4- MacBook Pro 8,1: email@example.comGHz, intel HD3000, 8GB RAM
3- iPad 2, 16GB
2- iPod Touch 4G, 8GB
1- MacBook 1,1, 1,83GHz, intel GMA950, 2GB RAM
-> The (nearly) ultimate intel HD 3000 gaming performance sheet <-
Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:45 AM
Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:55 AM
Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:31 PM
Unfortunately Mac version has almost cidercrap quality.
- Application freezes on launch. I've seen this on two Macs running 10.9.
- When you switch out of application using Mission Control audio gets stuck in loop playing over and over last second of sound. You have to mute system sound or go crazy.
- Wired XBox 360 controller does not work for me even though game should support it (i tried both with and without 3rd part driver)
- Preferences are stored inside application bundle. Seriously wtf.
- Performance is very unstable on 6970M. I get playable framerate most of the time but there are areas (probably with some special light or particle effects) where framerate drop to barely playable. Devs added few more tweaks in latest patch ( bloom, lens effects and glow ) but those are only accessible via config file.
- Did I mention they only support "Dedicated desktop GPU" -> officialy playable only Mac Pros or what? :-D