12 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:33 PM

In a recent Twitter post Respawn CEO Vince Zampella indicated his company is in talks with Aspyr Media to bring the recent Windows and XBox release, Titanfall, to Mac gamers. Speaking with iMore's Peter Cohen, Aspyr's Elizabeth Howard was unable to confirm Zampella's tweet. Titanfall combines first person shooter action, wall jumping, and mech combat for fast based multiplayer gaming.

From Twitter:

@VinceZampella:
@TZB17 We are talking to Aspyr, they should do it

From iMore:

"We don’t have a comment at this time but Titanfall is an awesome game! We’re happy to see Respawn have so much success and would love to work with EA again," said Elizabeth Howard, Aspyr VP of Publishing.

For more information follow the links below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • 6213 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:04 AM

And EA is already finding ways out of being a Microsoft paid-exclusive. Guess MS didn't learn their lesson with buying exclusivity from EA before.

"See in the fine print here that defines terms? It defines 'competing platforms' as 'Sony' and 'permanent' as 'permanent until a time to be determined.' Thank you for the transfer of funds. Please complete our EA Lawyer Satisfaction Survey for a free cheat code or hint!"

Although in a contest between these two giants of anti-consumer behavior, I'll side even with EA over Microsoft. Good on 'em, and that'd be good for business for Aspyr and good for Mac gaming. :)
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 3.7 GHz i9 10900K / 32GB RAM / 2x2TB Intel 7600p (RAID0), 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / TITAN V 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 4TB Samsung 860 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#3 doh123

doh123

Wineskin

• Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:00 AM

"In Talks" .... doesn't mean much just yet...

#4 Cougar

Cougar

Fighting Feline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1847 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:13 PM

View PostFrost, on 14 March 2014 - 04:04 AM, said:

And EA is already finding ways out of being a Microsoft paid-exclusive. Guess MS didn't learn their lesson with buying exclusivity from EA before.

"See in the fine print here that defines terms? It defines 'competing platforms' as 'Sony' and 'permanent' as 'permanent until a time to be determined.' Thank you for the transfer of funds. Please complete our EA Lawyer Satisfaction Survey for a free cheat code or hint!"

Although in a contest between these two giants of anti-consumer behavior, I'll side even with EA over Microsoft. Good on 'em, and that'd be good for business for Aspyr and good for Mac gaming. :)

I think the exclusivity was only for consoles. Besides, I doubt MS cares that a gaming platform as insignificant as the Mac is getting the game.

#5 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2375 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:36 AM

I'm happy to hear the news but other than L4D and Borderlands I'm just not that into these multiplayer games like this.

Battlecat never plays borderlands with me. :sad:
IMG Discord Server | | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (iMac18,2): i7 @ 3.6 GHz || 16 GB RAM || Radeon Pro 560 || 2TB Micron + 6TB Toshiba
ChonkOpad (iPad Pro 8,9): A12Z @ 2.49ghz || 6GB RAM || 256GB

#6 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17682 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

View Postmacdude22, on 15 March 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

Battlecat never plays borderlands with me. :sad:

Does your mother have to come along every single time??
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#7 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2375 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:08 PM

She does love a nice powerful gun.
IMG Discord Server | | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (iMac18,2): i7 @ 3.6 GHz || 16 GB RAM || Radeon Pro 560 || 2TB Micron + 6TB Toshiba
ChonkOpad (iPad Pro 8,9): A12Z @ 2.49ghz || 6GB RAM || 256GB

#8 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17682 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

But all her double entendres are making me crazy.  Even Marcus won't sell her a gun anymore.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#9 BenRoethig

BenRoethig

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:44 AM

They wouldn't have any kind of comments unless the talks were fairly high level.  Unless MS finds a way to squash it, I would rate the prospect of Titanfall mac as fairly high.

#10 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • 6213 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

View PostBenRoethig, on 17 March 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

They wouldn't have any kind of comments unless the talks were fairly high level.  Unless MS finds a way to squash it, I would rate the prospect of Titanfall mac as fairly high.
Right. This reads as: "We want it to happen so you can probably expect it barring unforeseen problems." Otherwise this would never be out there.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 3.7 GHz i9 10900K / 32GB RAM / 2x2TB Intel 7600p (RAID0), 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / TITAN V 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 4TB Samsung 860 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#11 Cougar

Cougar

Fighting Feline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1847 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

View PostFrost, on 17 March 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

Right. This reads as: "We want it to happen so you can probably expect it barring unforeseen problems." Otherwise this would never be out there.

Even Aspyr's own GameAgent reported it. I can only read that as "wink wink, guess what's coming?"

#12 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2280 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:59 PM

And since it requires windows 7 or 8, that means it requires direct x 11?

While I wouldn't call the graphics next gen, it would be more than likely that if a mac version surfaces, it would require 10.9.

Personally, I think it looks underwhelming.
What is a man?

#13 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

This reminds me of how gameagent has been sending out emails for a blog entry titled "have you heard of this titanfall game" or something like that.

I guess it would be nice if the mac had this although I here am not a multiplayer gamer so this is not really on my personal radar. As far as stuff that Aspyr might port Wolfenstein The New Order is more on my radar and perhaps The Evil Within (since it's also id tech 5 based).... of course those aren't out yet until May for Wolfenstein and August for Evil Within.
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7