#81 BifBologna

BifBologna

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

View PostAspyr-Blair, on 10 March 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

Heads up guys, we just went out of sync with the PC.  Total surprise to both us and Gearbox believe it or not.  Chinese language support was added in the update, and that doesnt usually warrant a version change, but it did this time.

We are working on the patch now, and should have cross platform multiplayer up before the end of the week.

So sorry for the inconvenience.

I noticed that BL2 updated on Steam today. I assume that means we're back in sync, yes?

#82 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:27 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 17 March 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

Like girls (Which, funny enough, also require you to use elemental powers).

You mean corrosion of your not-her-friends, electrifying brilliance, fiery passion, and explosive O's?  Slag is pretty much what she contributes to the relationship.

(If you are reading this my snookily wompsious kissy wissy snuggy bunny, I'm simply joking with my not-your-friends.  It has nothing at all to do with real life or the crunchy goodness of my little bridey widey pumpkin cheeks.  Pookie wookie snookie popins.  Lovey dovey widdle woofie snuggins.)
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#83 cleansanchez

cleansanchez

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:39 AM

My Favourite B2 character is Axton (Commando class), due largely to the early/easily obtained health regeneration. It means I can be more reckless = more fun. But when entering an area or in a boss fight I like to quickly find a vantage point or blind spot and use the most powerful and accurate Sniper Rifle I have. As elemental damage varies in effectiveness I need to carry several Sniper Rifles.

For other weapons I favour as accurate as possible (also including less recoil here) along with plenty of burst. I carry several, all with a different ammo type. In this way I have a very high level of accurate sustained burst damage.

#84 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3779 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:52 AM

View Postcleansanchez, on 18 March 2014 - 05:39 AM, said:

My Favourite B2 character is Axton (Commando class), due largely to the early/easily obtained health regeneration. It means I can be more reckless = more fun.

I like to quickly find a vantage point or blind spot and use the most powerful and accurate Sniper Rifle I have. As elemental damage varies in effectiveness I need to carry several Sniper Rifles.

health regeneration. It means I can be more reckless = more fun.

find blind spot for sniping

more reckless

PUSSY SNIPING

:P
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#85 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:42 AM

I find I have way too much in my backpack, but most things "I may need in a pinch" or whatever. Leaves so little room to just loot everything and sell to vender :( I'm at the "100 E needed" backpack upgrade. Ugh. E is hard to come by. I tried relooting the dam, but I don't find much there. Must varry by character or chance. As I mentioned, I seem to 'find' more E just by playing the slots over and over haha.

Last night I was looting my way back out of the wilderness exploitation area after winning the 5 rounds of natural selection... and I looted ... a nuke thrower. http://steamcommunit...s/?id=239545883

I uhm... wasn't expecting what came out of that when I fired it at a gaggle of stalkers and skags as I was leaving the area... *cough*

So, whats other's opinions on all the "Challenges" in-game? Do you try to do them? Do you obsess on them? Do you ignore them and they just 'pop' whenever?

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#86 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:56 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 18 March 2014 - 07:42 AM, said:

So, whats other's opinions on all the "Challenges" in-game? Do you try to do them? Do you obsess on them? Do you ignore them and they just 'pop' whenever?
Mostly the latter. I only actively pursue some of the area specific challenges, like "Smash x specific objects", sometimes.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#87 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

Same here.  Every now and then I'll glance at the badass challenges but mostly when I get a "1 Badass" for something I'm alerted as to what I need to do to get a 100 badass rank to boost my badassitude, I remember them and do them.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#88 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2452 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:52 AM

From the last week of playing I have the following, random comments.

Badass Pyro Thresher, usually found in Caustic Caverns, is a REAL BASTARD. I'm level 50, I shouldn't have to skulk around the edges of the map to avoid fighting a badass, but in his case I'm making an exception. I HATE HIM SO MUCH.

Getting from level 50 to 51 is taking forever. Partly because I ignored the story for so long that when I got back to it, enemies were only worth 1xp each. It's catching up to my level now so the progression is improving. But even accounting for that it feels slow. I think they expected level 50's to be playing UVHM by now.

I have the Law pistol (earned in Normal, again in TVHM) but for some reason the game doesn't seem to be offering me the BFFs mission in Sanctuary again, where I can earn the accompanying Order shield. Is there a prerequisite mission?

Just for a change I tried to play slots to earn Eridium, spent 200,000 and didn't get a single piece of it. Gee, thanks, Frigidman. :-)

Incidentally, I'm reading now that I shouldn't accept missions that yield unique weapons until I'm ready to do them. It locks in the level of the weapon when you accept the mission, which seems obvious now but I have the habit of accepting every mission I'm offered just on the off-chance that I find myself in the right area later on. Oh well.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#89 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:03 AM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 18 March 2014 - 08:52 AM, said:

Incidentally, I'm reading now that I shouldn't accept missions that yield unique weapons until I'm ready to do them. It locks in the level of the weapon when you accept the mission, which seems obvious now but I have the habit of accepting every mission I'm offered just on the off-chance that I find myself in the right area later on. Oh well.

Yeah, I noticed this. Sadly I have a bunch of level 50 'ignored' missions, because it gave them to me when I was level 20, and cannot figure out a way to 'bail' and then pick them up again later. Anyone know how to drop a mission so you can pick it up again later? Almost every quest-driven game in the wolrd has this ability, but I cannot find it in BL2.

Oh, and last night, I made 40 E on the slots, think I only spent 10k. I actually have hit 'jackpot' 3 times now since i started Gaige.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#90 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3779 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:53 AM

BL2 doesn't have it. It is ridiculous.

Just for a change I tried to play slots to earn Eridium, spent 200,000 and didn't get a single piece of it. Gee, thanks, Frigidman. :-)
I gain iridium every ~15 try on the slots.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#91 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:52 PM

::Bursts through the door::  Hey Fm, I just emptied the slot machines and our cut after Moxxi's take is amazing.  We still need more suckers if we're going to fund the...  ::notices others standing around::  ...er, I'll finish this later.

::cough cough::
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#92 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2027 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

I get eridium out of the slots all the time. Though I have so much E from farming the warrior it's somewhat useless at this point.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#93 Tetsuya

Tetsuya

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2171 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 18 March 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

Yeah, I noticed this. Sadly I have a bunch of level 50 'ignored' missions, because it gave them to me when I was level 20, and cannot figure out a way to 'bail' and then pick them up again later. Anyone know how to drop a mission so you can pick it up again later? Almost every quest-driven game in the wolrd has this ability, but I cannot find it in BL2.

Oh, and last night, I made 40 E on the slots, think I only spent 10k. I actually have hit 'jackpot' 3 times now since i started Gaige.

In UVHM you can re-do item granting quests to get new, your-level versions of all the items

#94 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:18 PM

I have a level 50 Bad Touch SWORDSPLOSION!!!  It's a red text item, is there anything special about this?  It shoots a sword that breaks into 3 MIRVs and explodes on impact.  Should I try to make this work or is it just Mr. Torque's wet dream?  It says it deals out tremendous damage but I have a less powerful exploding shotgun that seems much better.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#95 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2452 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:35 PM

Yeah, I gave up on the swordsplosion pretty quickly. But I didn't check the interwebs, maybe I was missing some subtle effect.

Tonight I ran into this guy:
A marauder who (due to a bug) can't be damaged at all. Pretty annoying.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#96 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3779 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:27 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 18 March 2014 - 07:42 AM, said:

He, I had totally forgot they existed. I was just thinking it was information along the line of "Oh, so now I killed X bad asses.", not that I could gain anything from them!

I just spend 40.000 ;)
Posted Image

Speaking of slots machines: What does the three Borderlands Logos give you? A nice weapon I assume?

Edit: A god-like Goliath just gave me 9 eridium, so you can also just let those level up.

#97 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:24 AM

Ive never hit the 3 Vault symbols on the slots. Odd huh. Curious to see it happen though, so I keep playing ;)

I don't see the point of the One Arm Bandits though. I mean... its an awkward way to play slots after they die, and its not like THAT particular slot has better chances or gear etc (I tried, nothing good comes out of them).

-Fm [1oM7]

#98 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:59 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 18 March 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:

I have a level 50 Bad Touch SWORDSPLOSION!!!  It's a red text item, is there anything special about this?  It shoots a sword that breaks into 3 MIRVs and explodes on impact.  Should I try to make this work or is it just Mr. Torque's wet dream?  It says it deals out tremendous damage but I have a less powerful exploding shotgun that seems much better.
That thing is pretty good, but it's a bit hit-or-miss – quite literally. If the smaller swords scatter all over the place, the damage dealt is rather disappointing. But when all the swords actually hit a single enemy, the damage is really tremendous. It's a bit difficult to control, though. I found the gun quite effective on short range and especially versus bigger enemies, since these have a higher probability to be hit by the small swords.

You should really give it a try. It was my weapon of choice for the significant parts of the Tiny Tina DLC and some of the Headhunter DLCs and I'm still lugging it around.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#99 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:45 AM

I'm annoyed with these challenges that require another player to complete:

Get smashed in the compactor by a friend.
Duel on the rails on main street.
Win X duels.
Have a friend do such n such n blah blah blah FU GAME DEVS I WANNA SOLO PLAY 100%!

-Fm [1oM7]

#100 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3779 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:03 AM

Frigidman has no friends. Nah nah!