#61 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:13 PM

View PostTetsuya, on 13 March 2014 - 06:41 PM, said:

"Miss Moxxi's Crit" ("Slippery When Wet")  is a quest reward in Tiny Tinas and is electrical.

This is my current electric SMG.  It rocks, especially now that I've bumped the electric damage my character does in her stats.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#62 Tetsuya

Tetsuya

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2178 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

You havent had trouble with it dropping when you reload?  Im currently carryingit as my sole electrical weapon, and ive dropped it at keast six times so far... Which is saying something since i pretty rarely use it (only on heavily shielded enemies).

I carry the Good Touch in lieu of the legendary Hellfire, because they perform about the same damage wise, but the self-healing takes it iver the top...

#63 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:30 AM

Maybe slippery when wet refers to when you get splattered by blood or other liquids. So maybe you drop it because you are fighting too close? *shrug*

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#64 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:04 AM

Haven't dropped it yet, but then I don't use it much.  I got it in a DLC that doesn't seem to have many shields.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#65 Tetsuya

Tetsuya

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2178 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:47 AM

Its part of the item, theres a 12-15% chance to drop it on reload.  Yeah, there arent many shielded enemies in Tiny Tina's. Only time i used it in the DLC was on the Handsome Sorcerer himself.  And i dropped it while reloading ... Twice.

#66 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:21 PM

You need to chalk your hands before you shoot the Crit.  Also just before you use it, make it fix you a sandwich then when it gives it to you tell it that it's stock is getting fat.  It doesn't get nearly so slippery.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#67 ehuelga

ehuelga

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Steam Name:El Spud

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

View PostTetsuya, on 13 March 2014 - 06:41 PM, said:

"Miss Moxxi's Crit" ("Slippery When Wet")  is a quest reward in Tiny Tinas and is electrical.

But it slips from your hand when you reload for the 2nd or 3rd time in a row. Oops.
The commute from Mill Valley to Cupertino is a real bitch.

#68 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

View Postehuelga, on 14 March 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

But it slips from your hand when you reload for the 2nd or 3rd time in a row. Oops.
There is a certain chance for it to slip every time you reload. Of course, the more often you reload, the more likely it will slip from your hands.

I also use this SMG as my primary electrified weapon. It's still the best I have found so far.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#69 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:18 PM

But that's it.  I don't reload.  Ever.  I'm a Mechromancer and I want to build my anarchy stack, reloading empties it.  I've moved my reload button out of the way so I don't habitually mash it.  Well I still do but now the key doesn't do anything.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#70 Tetsuya

Tetsuya

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2178 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:27 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 14 March 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:

But that's it.  I don't reload.  Ever.  I'm a Mechromancer and I want to build my anarchy stack, reloading empties it.  I've moved my reload button out of the way so I don't habitually mash it.  Well I still do but now the key doesn't do anything.

Then what do you do when you run out of bullets?

#71 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

Does the weapong 'slip out of hands' when you manually reload (by hitting the key), or whenever it reloads no matter what?

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#72 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:15 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 14 March 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

Does the weapong 'slip out of hands' when you manually reload (by hitting the key), or whenever it reloads no matter what?
Whenever it reloads. That lead to a couple of moments of confusion when I suddenly found myself to blast away with another gun.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#73 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:21 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 14 March 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

I'll test that tonight.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#74 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

For some reason everytime I start up the game it tries to put me into open-online mode. I was trying to mind my own business getting things done and some unknown named person joined in and all the badguys difficulty skyrocketed. So I scrambled to the menu and shut off the darn network again (cause I forgot too when I launched the game). Its kind of annoying to have people join a game unannounced... even worse when its a name you don't even recognize.

-Fm [1oM7]

#75 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:54 PM

That's never happened to me Fm, you have any idea what is going on?  Sounds extremely annoying.  BTW, the Mechromancer will still drop the Crit.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#76 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

Dunno who it was. Any of my "Steam Friends" were not in BL2 at the time, and those who were not in some other game I asked "was that you?" and no one said yes. So not sure how "Any friends can join" meant "anyone in the universe can join". But I set it down to "LAN" now and that seems to stick vs setting to "None".

-Fm [1oM7]

#77 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:29 AM

Bizarre, at least you have a workaround.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#78 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:37 AM

Last night I found a very fun SMG. Its orange, shoots a lot of fast flying fireballs of death, even comes with a Zoom. I basically just strolled through the wildlife preserve blasting any blade of grass that shimmered and all the stalkers in the area would just light up on fire and run around screaming. Pretty amazing gun. Even without my ricochet skill, it is scary accurate for an SMG. I think it said 90ish something. So yeah, I have a new toy ;) Actually unsure where I picked it up from, one of those wee midget loot droids I think.

-Fm [1oM7]

#79 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

I only have a couple non-elemental weapons: an extremely powerful Jacobs sniper rifle and a legendary AR.  I also save alien artifacts that buff each elemental effect.  Be on the lookout for a fire buffing alien artifact.  It will make your fire element SMG even cooler than it is now.  Or rather hotter that is.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#80 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3820 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:57 PM

Speaking of elementals. I like how they really force you to use all kinds of elemental powers in BL2. Pretty annoying, but awesome. Like girls (Which, funny enough, also require you to use elemental powers).
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter