#141 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17429 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:15 AM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 08 April 2014 - 06:29 PM, said:

Telling me how easy a boss was for you because you had some rare portable nuclear weapon that you read about online is kind of irrelevant to me. :-)

I didn't have a bee shield or any farmed weapons when I killed the Handsome Sorcerer.  I started farming afterwards when attempting UVHM.  I used only the normal weapons you find in boxes, rewarded with, or dropped by enemies.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#142 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2477 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:28 AM

I've enjoyed Zero overall, but unlike say Commando or Mechromancer, his action skill distracts enemies but doesn't itself do any damage for the duration. At the higher levels Zero can extend the Deception provided he one-shot kills one enemy after another with melee. That's a lot of fun but it doesn't work on bosses of course.. I don't think I can blame all or even most of my difficulties on that, but I think it does make Zero a little slower in general.

Also there's my tendonitis. :-)

I do appreciate the slagging tips. For some reason I had it in my head that slagging accelerated body damage but not shield damage. Oops. Even so he's just not a quick takedown for me. Whatever.

I didn't have a bee shield or any farmed weapons when I killed the Handsome Sorcerer.  I started farming afterwards when attempting UVHM.  I used only the normal weapons you find in boxes, rewarded with, or dropped by enemies.

You trying to make me feel bad? :-)

I now feel compelled to mention that I strolled over those crushing-platforms in Tiny Tina on my first try. So I'm not completely useless.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#143 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 09 April 2014 - 09:28 AM, said:

I now feel compelled to mention that I strolled over those crushing-platforms in Tiny Tina on my first try. So I'm not completely useless.

What level are you? There's an extremely easy way to duplicate items in game. I'd be glad to hook you up with some great stuff from my characters if you need or want :) I've got gear at most every level.
Macgamecast.com - Mac news, reviews and more!
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#144 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17429 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 09 April 2014 - 09:28 AM, said:

You trying to make me feel bad? :-)  Those damn platforms frustrated the frak out of me.  Finally after watching a vid I sailed right through every time.  Criminy.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#145 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2477 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

View PostWumpus, on 09 April 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

What level are you? There's an extremely easy way to duplicate items in game. I'd be glad to hook you up with some great stuff from my characters if you need or want :) I've got gear at most every level.

I appreciate the offer. But I really am going to put it on the shelf soon. And if I pick it up again one day I'll be starting over with a different character class.

#146 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

I had to put BL2 on the shelf, because I got horribly disinterested when I started the Pirates Booty DLC. The dialog, the areas, everything is like spare boredom of afterthought. I just couldn't stand it, so I shelved it for now.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#147 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17429 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:35 PM

I'm looking for The Pimpernel mission item right now in Captain Scarlet's and Her Pirate's Booty to help me get a foot hold in UVHM.  It does have some new monster types but otherwise it is pretty uninspired.  I do however enjoy the Pandora universe so it's just OK.  Best DLC is Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#148 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 09 April 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

I appreciate the offer. But I really am going to put it on the shelf soon. And if I pick it up again one day I'll be starting over with a different character class.

Was never very fond of the assassin ;) Mechromancer, Siren and Gunzerker are all very good.

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 09 April 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

Best DLC is Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep.

Torgue's Campaign of Carnage is also very entertaining. Doesn't beat Tina's, but definitely worth playing through. Pirate booty was all right, really only worthwhile for the absurd amounts of loot you can get at the end twice over.
Macgamecast.com - Mac news, reviews and more!
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#149 Tetsuya

Tetsuya

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2178 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 09 April 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

I'm looking for The Pimpernel mission item right now in Captain Scarlet's and Her Pirate's Booty to help me get a foot hold in UVHM.  It does have some new monster types but otherwise it is pretty uninspired.  I do however enjoy the Pandora universe so it's just OK.  Best DLC is Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep.

Remember that you can farm the quest reward to get the element you want.

#150 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17429 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

View PostTetsuya, on 09 April 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

Remember that you can farm the quest reward to get the element you want.

Awesome.  Didn't know that, thanks.  Wilco.  I'm still waiting for the "Don't Copy That Floppy" mission.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#151 Tetsuya

Tetsuya

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2178 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:02 AM

Youll want to look up how to do it; you have to not accept it if it isn't the one you want and then force-quit or something.  

Ill be looking into it for myself when i get there on UVHM.  Im currently using the corrosive pimpernel that i accepted that first time through.

#152 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17429 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

Roger that.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#153 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

I thought it always gives you the reward cause it instantly turns in the quest. Which then does an instant auto-save.

You have to backup your save file before launching BL2.
Get to the quest return giver.
Click to see reward.
No good? Save & Quit (but dont exit the game).
Tab back to desktop.
Copy the backed up save file over the live one.
Tab back to the game.
Click "Continue" on that character.
Rinse n Repeat.

The save file on mac is ... uhhhh.... errmmmm.... eerrruuhhahahahahhahggggllaa :sabber:

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#154 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2477 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:36 AM

I thought Pirate's Booty got better as it went. I actually didn't like Torgue's campaign as much overall, but it definitely made me laugh a lot more. Tina's was the best of course.

#155 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2045 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:49 PM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 12 April 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

I thought Pirate's Booty got better as it went. I actually didn't like Torgue's campaign as much overall, but it definitely made me laugh a lot more. Tina's was the best of course.

I JUST WANTED CHOCOLATECHIPCOOKIES! WHY DO BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE?
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#156 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2477 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:44 PM

View Postmacdude22, on 12 April 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

I JUST WANTED CHOCOLATECHIPCOOKIES! WHY DO BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE?
You heard Tina, Moxxie! SHOW'S OVER!

#157 Irishman

Irishman

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:33 PM

Hi, this is my first post on inside mac games, although I've been a fan for many years!

I've just recently gotten into Borderlands 2 about 4-5 months, and I've already beaten Handsome Jack and The Warrior. I was level 30 when I did so, and decided to see what the TVHM was all about. I've been playing through as my same Axton again, and have been learning a lot from reading these and the gearbox forums about picking my load out carefully. I recently had to do that while in the Dam Fine Rescue mission, in the Bloodshot Stronghold, particularly Mad Mike!

I've gone back to Sanctuary and gotten rid of the non-elemental, non-legendary items I had in my backpack, choosing a fire sniper, a corrosive sniper, and a slag sniper. I kept the only strong shotty (unfortunately, non-elemental) because it did decent damage and used double the ammo per shot. This morning, at a level 35 & 95%, I got my hands on an amazing shotgun with corrosion! I can't see myself giving it up any time soon.

Why, you may ask? Because it let me finish off Mad Mike. I started off throwing my turret at him (longbow-style), then slagging at his shields while my turret chewed at him. Then I learned something. I switched to my fire sniper (because online I read that MM was vulnerable to fire elementals). Bam bam bam!! No more damage than the slag sniper. Sooop, a bit worried cause he was making that slow, Michael Myers-style death walk to me at the entrance to Satan's Suckhole, and my turret was refreshing while I reloaded, and reloaded. I threw my last fire elemental grenade at him as he came up the ramp at me. I switched fast to the new corrosive shotgun and unloaded at him just as I went into "Fight for your Life". That half second was the longest one for me in my time with the game so far. :)

Awesome.
COMING SOONFinding the Ark of the Covenant by Brian Roberts, in the iBook Store on iTunes, a new investigation into the Hebrew’s Most Sacred Relic!

#158 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17429 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

Classic Borderlands awesomeness.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#159 Irishman

Irishman

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:27 AM

is regular Borderlands 2 capped at level 50 unless you buy the season pass DLC?
COMING SOONFinding the Ark of the Covenant by Brian Roberts, in the iBook Store on iTunes, a new investigation into the Hebrew’s Most Sacred Relic!

#160 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:47 AM

Aye.

-Fm [1oM7]