7 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8338 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:25 AM

Larian Studios has officially announced a Spring 2014 launch window for its upcoming fantasy RPG Divinity: Original Sin, and has also revealed a new game trailer showcasing gameplay and cinematics. Larian explained the shift from the previous February 28 launch will give the developer time to implement changes based on feedback from beta testing.

Larian Studios announces a new launch timeframe for Divinity: Original Sin. The extra time will be used to implement feedback received from Steam Early Access players and Kickstarter backers. Divinity: Original Sin features a huge and reactive RPG world with unparalleled 2-player co-op, and Larian is taking the time necessary to make it right and polished. As the game approaches launch, the Steam Early Access version will continue to see frequent improvements, including bug fixes and some sizable content updates.

Spring is Coming Trailer
Catch a sneak preview of what's to come this Spring for Divinity: Original Sin in our newest teaser trailer. The world is growing ever more vast and more interactive, and here you'll find a first look at some of Rivellon's previously unseen fairytale landscapes and creatures. If you pay close attention, you'll find that it's not only your elemental powers, but also tempestuous weather that can shift the winds in combat.

About Divinity: Original Sin
Divinity: Original Sin goes back to the values of memorable cRPGs: isometric, party-based, turn-based, gripping dialogues, choices and consequence, deep story, profound character and party development, a big interactive world filled with characters and items, free exploration... There is only one main goal, and how you get there is completely up to you. Of course, everything is more fun with a friend and so is Original Sin: drop-in, drop-out multiplayer takes care of that, both online and locally.

Key features
  • Become part of a reactive, living and open world. Explore diverse environments, find myriad creatures and tons of desirable items.
  • Experience gripping, party and turn-based combat. Manipulate the environment and use skill & spell combos.
  • Play in co-op multiplayer and engage in co-op dialogues. Shape your relationships with your partner that will influence the game.
  • Unravel a deep and epic story, set in the early days of Rivellon. Taking place well before Divine Divinity and The Dragon Knight Saga, Divinity: Original Sin presents you with a familiar world in another era.
  • Classless system lets you shape your character any way you want. Endless item interaction and combinations take things to another level of freedom.
  • Create your own adventures and share them online. With Original Sin comes the powerful toolset used by the game's designers.

Follow the links below for more information.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3005 posts
  • Steam ID:ThainEshKelch

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:27 AM

Looking forward to this one, as it looks awesome. Was always sad that the first twow ere announced but never released for Mac.
"They're everywhere!"

And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m.

#3 Nox

Nox

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:06 AM

And once, just this once, I would be tempted by the whole "Early Access" thing. Alas, it's Windows only. Perhaps it's better this way...
27" iMac, 3.4 GHz Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB, running OS 10.9

#4 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3005 posts
  • Steam ID:ThainEshKelch

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:28 AM

Early Access or beta testing is not something I do anymore. It was fun when I was 10. Now I have more pressing matters, such as work, not being frustrated over games, ass whopping tBC, girlfriend, etc. I'll wait for the final release, but I did go in for 2 copies in the Kickstarter.
"They're everywhere!"

And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m.

#5 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15673 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 25 February 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

ass whopping tBC

I'MA CURB STOMP YO NECK!

Posted Image
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#6 Nox

Nox

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

Holy popsnizzle, it's Übergeezer!!!

Popsnizzle, eh? Well, all right.
27" iMac, 3.4 GHz Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB, running OS 10.9

#7 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15673 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:22 PM

Ol' Pop sn'izzle was the name of a very old Pfhor fireman in Marathon 2.  Although long retired he liked to hang out in Fire Control Station 7 in Citadel City Lh'owon.  He would sit and whittle and tell stories to young ones about the old days and how they put out fires on the fleet ships by venting the ships atmosphere and any bystanders into space.  He is pictured here mashed against a block wall:

Posted Image

Unfortunately, he was sitting between Durandal and a circuit chip he had sent the Mark IV Mjolnir to retrieve.  Pop sn'izzle was buried in a shallow grave by the Spht'kr outside the city along with approximately 7 thousand other Pfhor that died in that engagement.  His last words were, "What th.." but he is remembered here in our naughty word filter because he was the inventor of the phrase "poop chute", the only Pfhor expression to make it into mainstream English.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#8 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

View PostNox, on 25 February 2014 - 11:06 AM, said:

And once, just this once, I would be tempted by the whole "Early Access" thing. Alas, it's Windows only. Perhaps it's better this way...

The Mac beta will be up in the next update, so ;)
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive