OS X 10.9 How do you disable shifting icons during drag?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:51 PM

I tried to google for this, but 'shift' and 'icon' and 'osx' tends to bring up way too much unrelated garbage articles.

I'm asking specifically about the new behavior where when you grab a file in a list view, and you drag it to like something in the desktop, or a window in icon view... the thing you are dragging suddenly shifts about and changes to a big icon with name under it, or a small icon with the name beside it.

Either the case, when it does this, it always throws me off and I end up dropping the file into the wrong location because of this retarded behavior.

Is there a way to disable that, or revert it back to the clean non-animated-shifting style of prior OSX?

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#2 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:31 PM

No idea how to disable sorry, but I'm pretty sure that started in Lion.

#3 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:48 PM

Well, I should have compared 10.6 to 10.9, sorry. The nonsense isnt' in 10.6 (a lot of the nonsense isn't, which is why I love 10.6 so much haha).

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#4 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3298 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:13 AM

You're only hope is probably some terminal command - no idea what command that would be though, sorry!
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#5 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

How do you disable shifting icons during drag?  Simple, don't wear such a flowing gown.  Wear something cute and tight and the icons will look like they are simply glued to your sexy little body.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat