Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

This is a pretty hefty new game: http://www.macgamest...60/Blackguards/

It's turn based though, and looks to be along the lines of hex tiles for movement and placement per turn. Anyone who has played this game, got any input on if you liked it or didn't? Like, compare to other games, and whats the gameplay like and stuff.

Thing decompresses to 18.5 GB!

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#2 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:51 AM

Played an hour of the demo. Very clunky and boring. Not engaging at all. Maybe it "gets better later" but if I a game can't makes its case within the first hour, its not worth my time. I didn't realize it was out, thought it was still in early access given how bad the text/errors are. I think the graphics and UI are pretty bad as well. Not that I'm a graphics smurfette, I love spiderweb games for example. But its like they are trying to be decent, but end up blurry. Camera in combat is really annoying. It forces you to zoom UP above everything to see stuff, since from the side you are often blocked.

I liked the map, the loading screens and the amusing mage character. Everything else was meh. I'm a huge RPG fan, and a fan of turn based games, but this one just doesn't cut it for me. Hopefully it does for others.

There's a (Mac) demo on steam that's only 5.5 gigs, so easier than 18.5! :P

I'm uploading the first 20 minutes of the game so you can see for yourself what I'm talking about.

Macgamecast.com - Mac news, reviews and more!
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#3 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

Its one of those fraking "Early Access" games???

Guuuuuuuuuh.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#4 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:38 PM

Oh correction. It WAS an early access game that just got released. Forgot to put a note about that in my video.
Macgamecast.com - Mac news, reviews and more!
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive