5 replies to this topic

#1 Vallen

Vallen

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:30 AM

Hey there.  I am running GRID (great game) in Mavericks 10.9.1 on a 3,1 Mac Pro 2008 model with a Sapphire Mac Radeon 7950 and I have noted graphic glitches that include: missing letters for various words in game menus, shadows and track elements being garbled and distorted across the screen randomly.  I have noted the issue with both 4x AA and 8x AA ultra graphics at native 1920 by 1200 rez.  I didn't see the problem with AA off.  Just wanted to know if others have seen this.  I am finding Mavericks to be a real dog game performance wise with this Radeon and my 5870 so any hope for fixes from all concerned would be awesome.

PS I have done testing in Mt. Lion (10.8.4) and thus far I have not seen these errors.

Thanks.
V

#2 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:50 AM

View PostVallen, on 07 January 2014 - 03:30 AM, said:

Hey there.  I am running GRID (great game) in Mavericks 10.9.1 on a 3,1 Mac Pro 2008 model with a Sapphire Mac Radeon 7950 and I have noted graphic glitches that include: missing letters for various words in game menus, shadows and track elements being garbled and distorted across the screen randomly.  I have noted the issue with both 4x AA and 8x AA ultra graphics at native 1920 by 1200 rez.  I didn't see the problem with AA off.  Just wanted to know if others have seen this.  I am finding Mavericks to be a real dog game performance wise with this Radeon and my 5870 so any hope for fixes from all concerned would be awesome.

PS I have done testing in Mt. Lion (10.8.4) and thus far I have not seen these errors.

Thanks.
V

I would drop our support an email so we can track the issue but I am 99.9% sure that these are all driver bugs that were introduced in Mavericks so should be fixed in a future OS update.

Edwin

#3 Vallen

Vallen

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:46 PM

Ok thanks for the heads up.  I have heard that 10.9.2 will have a lot of graphic fixes/improvements which will really be welcomed.  I was curious as to when Multiplayer will be fixed, as GRID relies on Gameranger and that seems to be down under Mavericks.  Is there a way to play MP in some other way?

#4 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:56 AM

View PostVallen, on 06 February 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:

Ok thanks for the heads up.  I have heard that 10.9.2 will have a lot of graphic fixes/improvements which will really be welcomed.  I was curious as to when Multiplayer will be fixed, as GRID relies on Gameranger and that seems to be down under Mavericks.  Is there a way to play MP in some other way?

I'd contact GameRanger to get an update, I know they are working on a fix and once that update is released MP mode will be possible in Mavericks for all Game Ranger games. For now you can always play on LAN instead of Online or downgrade to Mountain Lion.

Cheers,

Edwin

#5 Vallen

Vallen

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

Awesome...so it seems that 10.9.2 has corrected the graphic glitches in Grid with AA turned on.  I only played briefly but I will do some more testing to make sure.  I have been hearing problems with GL speeds with the Mac Pro 3,1 and the Sapphire Radeon 7950 from various forums and have also notice that game performance is not where it should be with this card.  Hopefully 10.9.3 will bring back the graphic speed I was enjoying under Mt. Lion 10.8.5.

#6 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:36 AM

View PostVallen, on 26 February 2014 - 09:26 PM, said:

Awesome...so it seems that 10.9.2 has corrected the graphic glitches in Grid with AA turned on.  I only played briefly but I will do some more testing to make sure.  I have been hearing problems with GL speeds with the Mac Pro 3,1 and the Sapphire Radeon 7950 from various forums and have also notice that game performance is not where it should be with this card.  Hopefully 10.9.3 will bring back the graphic speed I was enjoying under Mt. Lion 10.8.5.

We worked with AMD to get a lot of improvements and bug fixes into this release. 10.9.2 should be equal to or out perform 10.8.5 in pretty much all cases. With older games the performance difference is smaller but on newer games using the latest GL features the improvement can be quite noticeable. I know 10.9.1 to 10.9.2 improves Tomb Raider frame rates on Nvidia by over 25% on the highest settings for example.

Edwin

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GRID, RADEON, 7950, Mavericks