No replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8120 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:01 AM

Control Command Escape recently reviewed Rayman Origins from Feral Interactive. Designed and directed by Raymanís original creator Michel Ancel and published by Ubisoft for PC and consoles, Rayman Origins brings back the spirited 2D platforming of Raymanís celebrated first adventure.

It starts off innocently enough; you take control of this rat-like creature with hands and feet but no arms or legs, and run him from left to right. Itís all very familiar, but several things make it work better than your average platformer.

First is the level design. Like recent Sonic The Hedgehog titles, the levels are designed with different possible routes. Thereís always a completionist route, where you try to get to those almost-inaccessible corners to grab Lums, which are unreasonably happy golden blobs that will sing on occasion, melting the most scrooge-like hearts, and act as a sort of score. Or you can take the easy route, just try to mainline it for the ďexitĒ, or if youíre so inclined, to speedrun it (I put ďexitĒ in quotes there, because itís an massive eyeball you punch out of the way). The other brilliant thing about the levels is that theyíre incredibly short. As much as I experienced my fair share of frustration in the game, and least it was never for long, and I could play the thing, one level at a time, in short bursts

Check out the full review at the link below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News