#21 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:50 AM

Well, I wasn't pointing at Feral for any of my comments... it was more for the random developers from random games I see.

I understand drivers can be a real pain in the rear. Right now Apple and AMD have some doozies in 10.9 which appear to be breaking a lot of games that would normally run just fine. Or at least... thats what it appears to be. It could just be apple broke something else but blame AMD for it (like they blame adobe when adobe blames them).

All I DO KNOW, is lately with OSX, upgrading the OS means losing half of everything you own. I'm pretty sick of apple's direction lately... their new business model of forcing everyone to buy all new software to replace all the things that ran just fine before (and could run just fine still, if apple would pull their head out of thar asses).

/rant

That said... doing a "Migrate" can lead to a lot of bad things too. Especially if you've migrated from 10.2, to .3, .4, .5, etc lol.

Also, whats the big deal with custom installers. Why can't everything be just a nice singular .app package that runs? Those 'installers' do nothing but create a disjoint, a slow down, a point for breakage...

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#22 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:23 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 23 January 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

Also, whats the big deal with custom installers. Why can't everything be just a nice singular .app package that runs? Those 'installers' do nothing but create a disjoint, a slow down, a point for breakage...

It's the biggest reason I advocated internally (and we implemented) drag and drop for all Feral titles shortly after the move to OS X.

#23 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

View Postedddeduck, on 23 January 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

It's the biggest reason I advocated internally (and we implemented) drag and drop for all Feral titles shortly after the move to OS X.

And this is why you guys still rock ;)

Now only if Ubisoft/EA/Blizz/et al Too-big-for-their-britches could learn from all the guys who "Do It Right™" ...

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester