All New Mac Pro Available Starting Tomorrow(19/12-2013)

mac pro available

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:13 PM

They don't seem to be that standardized among all manufacturers that use them and many of them are quite custom especially those that come in the iMacs. There's not just one MXM card form factor from what I could always tell and they are not all interchangeable. The ones in the 2009\2010 (and perhaps 2011) iMacs for example where custom and come with a custom heat sink attached. The MXM port was not directly designed for upgrading of video cards, but to provides notebook manufacturers with a design standard for their products (and, therefore help saving costs).
Nvidia has said:
"Some implementations of MXM will be field upgradeable, but many will not, depending on the platform implementation.“
Additionally, the 2012\2013 iMacs are said to not use MXM modules anyway.
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#62 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6074 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:12 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 23 December 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

The mobo is RTA on these GPUs, which means TGA and all can be flashed using USBA standards, a simple 2011XML codex from Xclan can provide this upgrade.  Do this before you LFA it and make sure you and it are grounded the whole time.  Should resolve itself after that.
So that's what we sound like. :)
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#63 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

This is amusing…. some where comparing the new mac pro to a trash can but some have made an actual hackintosh using an actual trash can: http://www.tonymacx8...13-replica.html
(pictures may not load.. but if they do you can see them)
person put a photo of his complete setup a bit later: http://www.tonymacx8...lica-system.jpg
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#64 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

View PostFrost, on 23 December 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

So that's what we sound like. :)

Well, you sound more like a phaser stunned Geordi La Forge with a broken visor... but yeah.  Pretty much.

View PostSmoke_Tetsu, on 14 January 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

This is amusing…. some where comparing the new mac pro to a trash can but some have made an actual hackintosh using an actual trash can: http://www.tonymacx8...13-replica.html
(pictures may not load.. but if they do you can see them)
person put a photo of his complete setup a bit later: http://www.tonymacx8...lica-system.jpg

Where is the foot pedal?  How can you slam dunk your wadded up resignation letter ripping the boss without a foot pedal??
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#65 bobbob

bobbob

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

Not the best hardware, but they could swap the CPU and GPU depending on airflow. Just getting a standard mATX case would work a lot better with top-end hardware, and be almost as small.

#66 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

SiniScope Productions Inc

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:55 PM

Well, tried out the base model and loaded my game and a few other racers and they run without a hiccup. Wish I had the time to load a few other FPS's, but had to get home and prepare for work tomorrow as I pushed all of my meetings with employee candidates off to check out the new Mac Pro. Also got to try out Final Cut and was very impressed. It is amazing what could be done with optimized versions of software for this computer. I will say this, the computer looks a lot nicer in person in my opinion (though I could be considered and Apple fanatic so this is probably biased). I know a lot of you do not like the new concept of the Pro model, aesthetically and conceptually, but I was definitely intrigued. Though I work mostly in XCode and use Cheetah 3D which will not need a lot of addons to mess up my desktop ;) But I already built my new Hackintosh so I will probably not consider a purchase until next year.
My Badge Of Honor - Single Father of Three
Dedicated to My Mother, Patricia Lee Frabotta 1947-2009
Official Auto Sport Driving Website

#67 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:06 AM

Finally shipped today. Apparently January extends into early February this year, and 5-7 business days from the 31st of January means the following Monday.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mac pro, available