17 replies to this topic

#1 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

SiniScope Productions Inc

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:17 AM

F1 2013, coming from Feral Interactive, has been delayed until sometime next year. No estimation is given as to a timeframe. Sad news for us race fans.

F1 2013 Delayed  :(
My Badge Of Honor - Single Father of Three
Dedicated to My Mother, Patricia Lee Frabotta 1947-2009
Official Auto Sport Driving Website

#2 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6075 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:08 PM

F1 2013 in 2014? Oh dear.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#3 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

Yeah it's disappointing as I was looking forward to spending some quality time with this over the holidays - I would even have liked to help test the betas but can't complain as I was pleasantly surprised we are getting successive versions anyway and all the Feral guys do such a great job bringing so many top games to OS X.

I know Edwin and the rest of the team deserve a Christmas break after all the long hours they are putting in and anyway it will give me chance to try some of the games I got in the sales.

I just hope it doesn't adversely effect sales as I want the F1 games to keep coming :)
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, R9 280X 3GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.12.6

#4 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:24 PM

I am hopeful that the game will come out sooner rather than later, but I too was looking forward to racing around the 2013 season this holiday. I was very happy to hear Feral was going to get this game released and I know the finished version will be stellar for the Mac. Time to break out 2012 I guess for a while.

#5 linkc

linkc

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:01 AM

Hi, I would like to know if F1 2013 boxed edition comes with classic edition or is it only available with download version?

Thanks!

#6 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

View Postlinkc, on 11 March 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

Hi, I would like to know if F1 2013 boxed edition comes with classic edition or is it only available with download version?
Seems that the Classic Edition is only available as download.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#7 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:05 PM

View Postlinkc, on 11 March 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

Thanks!
The boxed version does not include the Classic edition content. You may be able to buy the boxed version and download the upgrade Classic content HERE from Steam, but I am not sure how that works. I do not prefer steam, so I do not use it. Does anyone know if this will work? Again, buying the boxed version and buying the DLC from Steam.

#8 linkc

linkc

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:08 PM

It would be nice if someone from Feral see this post to clarify it a little bit.

#9 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8075 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:59 AM

View PostJaguarGod, on 11 March 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

…Does anyone know if this will work? Again, buying the boxed version and buying the DLC from Steam.

View Postlinkc, on 12 March 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

It would be nice if someone from Feral see this post to clarify it a little bit.
Not from Feral, but I still can clarify this. It's exactly as JaguarGod said: you buy the boxed version and the DLC from Steam. The boxed version of the game includes a key that you will have to use to activate the game on Steam. It then behaves like any other Steam game, like getting any updates through Steam, being playable from your Steam library and also being able to get additional DLC via Steam.

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#10 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8075 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:56 AM

By the way: F1 2013 is free to play on Steam this weekend (and on sale).

#11 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8075 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

I'm taking advantage of the free weekend (though I'm on the fence whether to buy it – I just suck too much at this kind of racing game). I'm really, really impressed by the port. I can crank up the settings to "Ultra" at 1440x900 on my Retina MBP and get easily 37 fps average according to the built-in benchmark. It really runs and looks great.

#12 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:17 PM

Yeah the last two Feral ports I played F1 2013 and Tomb Raider perform really well so much so that I think I'll keep my old 09 machine for a few more years yet.

Anyone who has the slightest interest in racing games should have this on their Mac - I've had a lot of fun completing some of the scenarios and getting lots of laps of Melbourne after watching the sessions on TV. :thumbup:
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, R9 280X 3GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.12.6

#13 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • 6075 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:45 PM

I preloaded it on my Tiki (running it on my '08 MBP = lol) and it's pretty cool! I'm thinking I might pick it up, especially at this huge a discount.

I'm a big racing fan (played GT5 & 6 on the PS3 and Forza 4 on the Xbox 360 to death), so this seems like a cool new title to play with. Especially since F1 in GT5 was so much fun. Although it is HARD compared to Super GT! If you're GREAT at Super GT without assists, you're just okay at F1.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#14 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • 6075 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:23 AM

Yeah, I broke down and bought it yesterday. :)

Thoughts:

- This game is fun
- This game is purty
- The audio is fabulous over good headphones
- Thank God for the DualShock 4's new triggers. I'd have never managed absolutely precise pressure on the brakes like this with the DualShock 3 or the Xbox 360 controller (I'm playing on full realism, manual shifting, zero assists because I'm a masochist when it comes to racing)

Give Feral your coin and go get it.

Eric5h5:

#15 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • 6075 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:13 AM

After getting gold on all Young Driver Tests but the last two with no assists, I got it in my head that I should just run the tables and get "Golden Child" (all gold on all Young Driver Tests).

I have silver on the last two races and I cannot produce a further reduction of 1 second in the penultimate and 2.5 seconds in the last one no matter how reckless I get with my speed. Despite trying and trying and trying. ARGH. I tried giving up but I keep going back and attempting those instead of starting career mode, even though I've done well enough already that I've got a spot with Lotus at the start.

Forget Lotus. I MUST ATTAIN PERFECTION!

Eric5h5:

#16 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:07 AM

I fear I need a wheel and pedals for this, because I can't "Drive" with thumbs and fingers...

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#17 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • 6075 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

I probably need a wheel myself. I had a few times I could not beat to save my life on Gran Turismo 5 and finally gave up on. I played with a friend's Logitech G27 set a couple months later and I blew past all three times inside of an hour.

Eric5h5:

#18 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:59 AM

You may be surprised by your laptimes when you use a wheel as opposed to a keyboard or gamepad. When the game has a very tight control scheme and is done very well, a wheel is an unbelievable advantage. Just the natural motion of the wheel will improve your racing. But once you are used to the wheel, you'll be recording wins and fastest laptimes easily. It may not be as much fun as running my 740il at MidOhio, but I also can't go 200 mph in an F1 car in real life ;)