#41 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3812 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:55 AM

I also realized that Steam quite often fails to connect to the network, and quits. Very annoying. it should ALWAYS just let me play anyway.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#42 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:14 AM

Never happened to me before. I guess I count myself lucky.
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#43 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3812 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:57 AM

Quite often, happens at least 20% of the time I open Steam. Connection otherwise flawless.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#44 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8100 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:16 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 13 December 2013 - 05:57 AM, said:

Quite often, happens at least 20% of the time I open Steam. Connection otherwise flawless.
I have the very same problem. Steams starts, tries to connect, mopes about not being able to connect to the Steam network and quits. When I launch it right again, it suddenly can connect without problems. What the frell is the offline mode for when Steam doesn't even use it when there's the slightest imaginary hitch when connecting?

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#45 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3812 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:22 AM

Exactly my experience.

#46 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:21 AM

Hehehe... OH NO... http://www.macgamestore.com/polls/

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#47 MichalM.Mac

MichalM.Mac

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Steam Name:michalmmac
  • Steam ID:michalmmac

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:30 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 13 December 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

I want 4th option ;-) Both love and hate.

#48 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

Haha. Yeah, thats actually what I would end up picking. Love it on PC, hate it on Mac.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#49 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

I'd be lying if I said I had any problems that would warrant such a strong emotion as hate towards the Mac version of Steam. Contrary to what I said earlier I sense some negative bias now.

61% of the people on your poll voted "love it" though. :P

Being on steam has given some developers incentive to patch their games: http://www.pcgamesn....team-greenlight
--Tetsuo

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#50 Jan

Jan

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Steam Name:Jan
  • Steam ID:janfeld

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:18 PM

I have to admit that I ignored Steam for many years because it was Windows-only and Valve, at least to me, seemed to be deeply entrenched in the Microsoft ecosystem. But in the last few years Gaben's guys really changed. I love their new cross-platform or even platform-agnostic approach to PC gaming. Finally people seem to realize that there are options out there for gamers who prefer mouse and keyboard controls or just simply want to setup their super-high-end-upgradable-gaming-rig themselves instead of buying a ready-made console. Be it Mac, Linux or Windows -- gaming is possible on all PC operating systems. To me SteamOS is such a great idea and I hope it will push OpenGL and platform-independent development in general.

When Steam for Mac launched in May 2010 I created a test account to fiddle around with it, but I soon gave up on Steam because the client was crappy, slow and the store didn't offer very much for a Mac-only gamer. Most Aspyr games were not available and none of the Feral ports. But this really changed during the last 1 and a half years, so I decided to get back to Steam, created a proper account and now I plan to buy all future Mac games on Steam because they offer neat little features like achievements, big picture mode and a great built-in community where I can hang out with you guys and go on your nerves in private chats outside of the IMG forums. And nice sales as well. What's not to like about that?
Feral Account: Jan

MacBook 12" with Retina Display (Early 2015)
Core M 1,2 GHz | 8 GB RAM | 512 GB Flash
Intel HD5300 1536 MB VRAM
macOS Sierra

Now playing: Mad Max, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ultra Street Fighter II, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

#51 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

Speaking of purchasing games on Steam Feral has put Rayman Origins on Steam for Steamplay purposes.
--Tetsuo

the Battle Cat said:

#52 Riko

Riko

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

Love it, on the Bootcamp side. :devil:

So much to choose from. Finally being able to finish Fallout which broke somewhere at 10.5/10.6. Now owning all Fallout games, gosh damn Fallout Las Vegas is such a gem...
Being able to play the original Deus Ex again, hello trash can stacking for hours. :happy:

So great to play Crisis, and others for a percentage of their original value.

For the first time I have more games stacked then I can play through now.
Last purchase was something called 'Outlast'. My first game I quit playing because it freaked me out too much. I mean close to hearth failure....

But yeah, if I have time to spare I flip over to the bootcamp disk and go nuts, using windows for what it's only good for, playing games.
And when done I glance over the offers and if there's something to my likings for cheap, its instant pay, download later and play, oh well, whenever I got the time.

#53 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3812 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:18 AM

Please tell me, how the heck do you add friends on Steam?

#54 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17429 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:16 AM

Ah, I see your problem Thain.  First you need to make a friend.  No man is an island, so suck it up and refrain from braining them with a hammer and you should be fine.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#55 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

All you need is a possession vigor and voila! Hit them with that and they'll automatically add you to their friends lists! :P Of course that tends to have messy side effects. :bleedingeyes:

*serious answer* Pretend you wanted to add me to your list. Go to the menubar in Steam and click on "Friends" and "Add Friend" then in the web page that loads up type in smoke_tetsu and press search. My name should show up*. Then click "add as friend".

*If it works. The steam community feature is acting flakey for me right now.
--Tetsuo

the Battle Cat said:

#56 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6094 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:21 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 25 December 2013 - 10:18 AM, said:

Please tell me, how the heck do you add friends on Steam?
Search the mountain of corpses beneath you to see if any are still moving. Starting with the strongest, say, "If you will pledge yourself to serve me well, I will restore your life and position." When you have 7 assenters, deliver the coup de grace to the rest.

Then add them on Steam.

At least, that's how I did it. There might be an easier way, I dunno.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#57 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8100 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

Slightly off-topic: In case you are wondering why Steam is unavailable at the moment, Left 4 Dead 2 is apparently available for free at the moment.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#58 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 25 December 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

Slightly off-topic: In case you are wondering why Steam is unavailable at the moment, Left 4 Dead 2 is apparently available for free at the moment.
Yeah, I noticed that. Also notice that Skyrim has once again assumed its position in the top sellers list.

Regarding the community/friend section, Steam is not too bad at it, especially now. It still definitely has a way to come though.

Lib.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#59 Jan

Jan

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Steam Name:Jan
  • Steam ID:janfeld

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostThe Liberator, on 25 December 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

Yeah, I noticed that. Also notice that Skyrim has once again assumed its position in the top sellers list.

Regarding the community/friend section, Steam is not too bad at it, especially now. It still definitely has a way to come though.

Lib.

The only problem with the Steam friends list and community is the fact I can get on your nerves whenever I want to. :devil:
Feral Account: Jan

MacBook 12" with Retina Display (Early 2015)
Core M 1,2 GHz | 8 GB RAM | 512 GB Flash
Intel HD5300 1536 MB VRAM
macOS Sierra

Now playing: Mad Max, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ultra Street Fighter II, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

#60 Diablofett

Diablofett

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:04 PM

I like physical copies of things so I can touch them and feel them... oh yes.