11 replies to this topic

#1 amigacooke

amigacooke

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:26 AM

As there has been interest in Trainz for Mac previously, and as that topic has been locked without explanation, I'll start a new topic.

Trainz Simulator: A New Era

This is a quote from the FAQs

"Initially it will be PC only (Windows 7 and 8). There is a stretch goal listed to port to other hardware platforms which would result in a simultaneous release. Even without the stretch goal, we expect to port to Mac within 90 days of release and then Linux, SteamOS some time after that."

#2 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

Cool
:thumbsup:

I recall playing this one a while back (quite a bit), because the 'other train simulator' sucked so bad.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#3 xcell

xcell

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

I have bought Trainz Simulator in 2012. I would be surprised if N3V Games would release a new Era for the Mac as it's current version 1.0 has never been upgraded since 16. December 2011 - but badly needed!

#4 amigacooke

amigacooke

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

Mac Trainz 2 is due to be beta tested shortly, Mac Trainz 3 (Mac new era), as noted above, will follow approximately 3 months after the PC version.

#5 xcell

xcell

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:24 PM

Thank you for the v2 beta testing info - I hope it gets rid of all the bugs
I back this" New Era" project - but with 50% funds still needed until 17.12.2013 I doubt that a Mac release will be realistic in the near future - if at all (especially if they come out with a v2)

#6 amigacooke

amigacooke

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:03 AM

View Postxcell, on 20 November 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

Thank you for the v2 beta testing info - I hope it gets rid of all the bugs
I back this" New Era" project - but with 50% funds still needed until 17.12.2013 I doubt that a Mac release will be realistic in the near future - if at all (especially if they come out with a v2)

Ah, but do you know that N3V's chie programmer uses a Mac?

#7 xcell

xcell

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

View Postamigacooke, on 22 November 2013 - 12:03 AM, said:

..N3V's chie programmer uses a Mac
That is interesting, indeed - I hope he doesn't use it for private purpose only ;-)

#8 amigacooke

amigacooke

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

Thought you might be interested in this FAQ from the KickStarter

Can I order a version for Mac?

We will be producing a Mac version of Trainz: A New Era within 90 days of the PC version (or sooner if the stretch goal is reached and voted in). Therefore, you can pledge now and select "Mac" when asked in your completion survey.

#9 xcell

xcell

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

View Postamigacooke, on 25 November 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

...We will be producing a Mac version of Trainz: A New Era within 90 days of the PC version (or sooner if the stretch goal is reached and voted in). Therefore, you can pledge now and select "Mac" when asked in your completion survey.
thankfully noted.

#10 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1448 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

View Postamigacooke, on 25 November 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

Thought you might be interested in this FAQ from the KickStarter

Can I order a version for Mac?

We will be producing a Mac version of Trainz: A New Era within 90 days of the PC version (or sooner if the stretch goal is reached and voted in). Therefore, you can pledge now and select "Mac" when asked in your completion survey.

I just ran into that myself. Very cool, thanks for sharing!
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#11 amigacooke

amigacooke

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:19 AM

New update for Mac users on the Trainz KickStarter.

in the FAQs

Will T2 be available on Mac?

Yes we will be creating a Mac version of Trainz: A New Era. This is currently scheduled for 90 days after the PC release. For information on how you can help speed up the delivery of the Mac version, please see the Senior Engineer - Mac reward tier.

You can still pledge at any other tier level and then select "Mac version" in your survey (this is sent out after the project completes on Kickstarter). These other tier pledges do not count towards the release date changes.

The Senior Engineer reward is like a mini-stretch goal for Mac users - we need 90 pledges to result in a near-same-day release.

You are able to change your existing reward by logging in and clicking on 'Manage My Pledge'.

Also of interest is update #10 where you can order customised objects such as street names.

#12 amigacooke

amigacooke

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:17 AM

The KickStarter has passed its goal. A Mac version will happen, pledge at 'SENIOR ENGINEER - MAC' to bring that date forward.