12 replies to this topic

#1 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

How do I do that?  I have 2 computers, an iPad and an iPod yet I have filled my quota of 5 authorized computers.  It was probably the G4 which is with gramps and Rover in heaven right now.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#2 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6075 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

For some reason, after years and years and years Apple is still too stupid to add a way to individually deauthorize computers other than getting on them. So if it's dead or sold, too bad.

What you can do is get on the iTunes Store via iTunes, go to account, and then select "Deauthorize All." That'll deauthorize everything. Then you can re-add the computers that are still in service.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#3 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:05 AM

Thanks.  That ought to do the trick.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#4 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3297 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:37 AM

One thing to note, is that you can only "Deauthorize All" once per year through items, so don't go a willy nilly adding computers, unless you for sure want them still on your iTunes account for the next year.

Worse case scenario you can call them, and they will Deauthorize All again for you, but they don't like doing that.
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#5 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

I don't plan on using Deauthorize All until I actually need it.  I was able to deauthorize the Power PC which is my wife's old computer and it is going into mothballs as my legacy best ever PowerPC machine.  I have no plans on offing it.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#6 Diablofett

Diablofett

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

Do you have the mac address of the actual computer left on a router or anything? Unless iTunes left an embedded file on the hard drive for its check, it likely simply checks the hardware id. If it simply checks the hardware, just spoof the mac address and you should be good to go.

#7 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

That computer bit the dust so long ago the dust has dust on it.  Which is getting dusty now.  But thanks anyway, you are part of the reason I love this forum so much.  Er... a manly man's love of throat punches and axle grease, and not a bit Spartan at all.  Just sayin'.  Actually what I'm saying is that the delete key on my keyboard is broken and I'm too lazy to start the post over.  Oh wait, it's working now, but now I'm too lazy to delete all those words.  Including these words.  And these.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#8 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

Is this ^ what I have to look forward to another 10 years from now?

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#9 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:04 PM

You'll have to pry this keyboard out of my cold dead hands.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#10 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • 6075 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:32 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 21 November 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

That computer bit the dust so long ago the dust has dust on it.  Which is getting dusty now.  But thanks anyway, you are part of the reason I love this forum so much.
Any idea what's wrong with it? And what model was it?

Tinkering with and resurrecting PowerPCs is a bit of a (semi-expensive) side hobby. My poor PowerMac G4 Digital Audio has had literally every single component replaced or upgraded except for the case, the Zip drive, and the internal side fan. Also made a FrankeniMac G4 for my mom, resurrected my Quad G5 after an LCS failure, fixed my PowerBook G4 after a VRAM chip went rampant, brought my dad's PowerBook G3 back to life like ten years ago after Canadians killed it at the Calgary airport, brought both my cousins' G5s back to working order, and more.

You feel like getting that sucker working again for fun some day, let's talk!
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#11 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

Sorry Frost, it's long gone.  I tried to sell a 7100/66 a number of years before but nobody wanted it, so I figured the same would go for a very old and sadly outdated G4.  I donated it to my wife's university's computer recycle program.  Basically it became e-waste about 5 years ago.  The G5 I'm keeping as a legacy computer to play PowerPC games.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#12 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • 6075 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

Ahh, I gotcha, I thought the dead PPC and the mothballed PPC were one and the same. Nevermind. :)

Eric5h5:

#13 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:53 PM

Ah you lose, it's time to spin the Wheel of Penalties.

::Frost spins the Wheel of Penalties, for a 31.  He quickly checks the filing cabinet for #31 and is aghast::  "NO!  "Not Roll Out the Barrel"  Please not "Not Roll Out the Barrel"!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat