#1 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

After it has turned out in the past that keeping an eye on the Steam database can reveal upcoming Mac ports, or releases of already ported games on Steam, I think it might be worthwhile to dedicate an own thread for that.

Games currently showing signs of a Mac release I have found that have not been announced at all or not for Steam:
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (Transgaming)
Tomb Raider 2013 (Feral, announced, but not yet for Steam)
F1 2013 (Feral, announced, but not yet for Steam)
Worms Clan Wars

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#2 jeannot

jeannot

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:53 AM

Edwin has confirmed that TR 2013 would be SteamPlay on the MacRumors forum (traitor!).

It seems that Feral is moving full steam ahead. :)

#3 Trautman

Trautman

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:09 AM

I bought The Bureau: XCOM Declassified & Tomb Raider at G2Play.

#4 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

View Postjeannot, on 17 November 2013 - 04:53 AM, said:

Edwin has confirmed that TR 2013 would be SteamPlay on the MacRumors forum (traitor!).

I wonder if they will go back through some of their more popular games turning them to steamplay...

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#5 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 17 November 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

I wonder if they will go back through some of their more popular games turning them to steamplay...

Deus Ex: Director's Cut will be.

#6 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:51 AM

View PostCougar, on 17 November 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

Deus Ex: Director's Cut will be.
Oh, right. I forgot about that. Here it is in the database.

I also forgot Dead Island.

Joe Danger and its sequel also are in preparation for Mac (these are rather well received racing/platforming games that have been released on consoles a couple of years ago and earlier this year for Windows).

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#7 johntravers

johntravers

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostTrautman, on 17 November 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

I bought The Bureau: XCOM Declassified & Tomb Raider at G2Play.

is g2play legit? had a look at it after your post and its got a lot of games really cheap but I've never heard of it
iMac 2011 27" 3.2ghz and 1 gb 6970m

#8 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

View Postjohntravers, on 20 November 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

is g2play legit? had a look at it after your post and its got a lot of games really cheap but I've never heard of it

It's legit in the sense that they won't steal your money, but it's not an official reseller. They buy cheap Russian keys and sell them for a profit.

#9 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:56 PM

Might want to be careful though, Steam has banned users for "getting around regional pricing" by claiming keys issued from one region, while in another region. Steam is really a bitch with things like that, and their support is unforgiving even if you do it by accident. They just point at you and call you a fraudster and laugh as they click the ban button. They never listen to the side of the shopper.

Just saying.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#10 Trautman

Trautman

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

Two codes which I bought are not Russian keys. They were ordinarily registered on Steam without VPN or IP camouflage.

#11 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

The Stanley Parable also seems close to a Mac release. (Wasn't much of a secret, since the developer mentioned something about a Mac version.)

#12 ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data

Positronic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

View Postjeannot, on 17 November 2013 - 04:53 AM, said:

http://store.steampo...com/app/203160/

Tomb Raider is 80% off on Steam right now. I just wanted to confirm 2 things if anyone knows the answer:

1. Is the Mac version going to be directly SteamPlay compatible with the existing Tomb Raider release on Steam rather than some future version? There's a Definitive Edition coming for consoles bundled with all DLC and presumably that'll be coming to PC too. The Steam DB listing does suggest it'll be a Mac version of the existing Tomb Raider.

2. And if I buy on Steam now, but don't play until the Mac version is released will Feral get the money? ie. Steamplay developer payout is based on usage rather than initial purchase?

Since it's only a couple bucks more I'll probably end up getting the whole Tomb Raider Collection although I suppose the chance of those older Tomb Raider titles becoming Steamplay is minimal.

#13 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

View Postltcommander.data, on 02 December 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

http://store.steampo...com/app/203160/

Tomb Raider is 80% off on Steam right now. I just wanted to confirm 2 things if anyone knows the answer:

1. Is the Mac version going to be directly SteamPlay compatible with the existing Tomb Raider release on Steam rather than some future version? There's a Definitive Edition coming for consoles bundled with all DLC and presumably that'll be coming to PC too. The Steam DB listing does suggest it'll be a Mac version of the existing Tomb Raider.

2. And if I buy on Steam now, but don't play until the Mac version is released will Feral get the money? ie. Steamplay developer payout is based on usage rather than initial purchase?

Since it's only a couple bucks more I'll probably end up getting the whole Tomb Raider Collection although I suppose the chance of those older Tomb Raider titles becoming Steamplay is minimal.

Yes, all Feral's games on Steam are SteamPlay (and it would appear as a separate db entry if it were standalone). And yes, as long as you don't play it, Feral will get the money.

#14 jeannot

jeannot

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:11 AM

I remember edwin saying that for them to get the money, you have to by the game from a Mac or at least after it's released for the Mac. See the Macrumors forums.

#15 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:04 AM

View Postjeannot, on 03 December 2013 - 01:11 AM, said:

I remember edwin saying that for them to get the money, you have to by the game from a Mac or at least after it's released for the Mac. See the Macrumors forums.

That's not true. It's just playtime. See the comments here: http://blog.gameagen...ng-to-mac/  and I think Edwin clarified that in the MR forums.

Edit: OK, the truth is in the middle. Edwin, from MR:

It's in the details of the explanations. If you wait 3 weeks and then install and play on the Mac exclusively then the Mac get the revenue. If you buy the game wait more than a month then the revenue gets sent to the primary platform publisher by default. If this was not the case then nobody would ever get paid until a customer installed the game. Considering I have about 20 games I haven't installed yet from Steam sales that is a lot of unpaid publishers!

So you can buy before the Mac version comes out but it's always a risk if you really want to make sure the Mac companies get the revenue, that said it is a good deal so I would not blame you for taking it up if you want.

So  in TR'a case, if you bought it during the sale and it comes out in the next month for the Mac and you play it, Feral will get paid.

#16 luggage

luggage

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:36 AM

There is one more you can add…

It seem that jagged alliance : back in fire will be apparently Mac/Linux bound

http://steamdb.info/...#section_config

Not sure if it's a good game though…

#17 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:07 AM

Wizardry 8 seems to be getting a Mac version on Steam soon-ish (it already has one on GOG.com).

#18 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

Guacamelee! Gold Edition (a luchadore themed metroidvania game) shows entries for Mac and Linux versions.

Painkiller Hell & Damnation also finally lists a Mac version (only more than a year too late).

#19 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:05 AM

I wouldn't mind playing PKHD again. Especially if it plays smoother than in Parallels. The frame rate was fine there but games tend to play more smoothly native to the OS than through there. I just hope the sound support is as good as the Windows version which had full multichannel audio (which happened to work in parallels when 5.1 channels was enabled both in the host OS and the guest). It's never too late for some Painkiller for me.

The only issue I really have with PKHD is it doesn't have as many levels as the original game had... and some levels didn't get as much "HD" love as others.

Also late to the Mac but I wouldn't mind seeing I'd also like it if Croteam went ahead and brought the older Serious Sam (First and Second Encounter) games especially the Serious Engine 3 powered HD editions to Mac.
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#20 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:34 AM

Hitman: Absolution (teased by Feral, but not yet officially announced)
CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (unannounced, probably Aspyr)

Both found by Trautman.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Steam