7 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8350 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:57 AM

Inside Mac Games has posted a new review of Aspyr Media's BioShock Infinite. Developed by Irrational Games and brought to the Mac by Aspyr, BioShock Infinite introduces an "entirely new narrative experience that lifts players out of the familiar confines of Rapture and rockets them to Columbia, an immense city in the sky."

Here's an excerpt:

The world seems very realistic. There is generally plenty of background activity, be it a local NPC walking here and there, or people in conversion about some issue or event, or enemy chatter as they attack you. Debris blows about in the breeze, vending machines wiggle their animated figures and flash their lights, while calling out to get your attention. This game is filled with sights and wonder. One could spend a long time just exploring the various spots, rooms, and buildings. But since there is a goal to each section, eventually you will need to confront the battle! And while all this background animation is going on, moving through the game is very smooth and clean. Rarely did I run into any issues with too much activity bogging down my machine.

Read the full review at the page linked below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15673 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

Infinite ranks as one of the best games I've played.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#3 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3006 posts
  • Steam ID:ThainEshKelch

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

Funny, I just fired up Bioshock 2 10 minutes ago for the first time. Realized it was too light in the office, so can't play while the misses is here.
"They're everywhere!"

And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m.

#4 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15673 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 30 October 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

[...] so can't play while the misses is here.

Thats what handcuffs and duct tape are for.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#5 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3006 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:41 AM

Cant do that. Then she expects more
"They're everywhere!"

#6 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7107 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:26 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 31 October 2013 - 01:41 AM, said:

Cant do that. Then she expects more
A good spanking?

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#7 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:41 PM

The ending of Bioshock Infinite was exceptional, but everything else about the game ran hollow. Elizabeth's powers were never utilized to any significant extent. Remove her from the game and the gameplay wouldn't have been much different. Gameplay-wise, it's the same game Levine has been making his entire career. Story-wise, it started out promising, but soon the social commentary was dropped and the setting didn't seem to matter to the plot at all. Levine tried to make a personal story about Booker and his daughter, but 95% of the game you are just shooting dudes in the face. None of it matters until the ending. There was just way too much of a disconnect between the gameplay and the story. They did not serve one another, they were almost diametrically opposed.

Without giving away any of the spoilers...what if Infinite had started at the ending, and instead of a shooter, it had been more of a puzzle/adventure game, where you would have to navigate/choose what you-know-whats you want to enter, and you could actually converse and change your relationship with Elizabeth. For a game that seemed to be all about the choices we make in life and how they affect us, the gameplay did not serve that end in the slightest.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed my time playing it, but I enjoyed it like I enjoyed it like I enjoyed The Dark Night Rises--experiencing it was amazing, but then when it was over I realized how dumb it all was.

#8 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3006 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 31 October 2013 - 02:26 AM, said:

A good spanking?
yeah, she definitely doesn't like that! And neither does her female friends! (Awkward moment when that happened)
"They're everywhere!"