#1 MGregory666

MGregory666

Fanatic

• IMG Writers
  • 72 posts
  • Steam Name:MGregory666

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

Hey Guys,

I have been somewhat of a regular on the forums for a while, posting here and there. So I have been working on this game with a group of guys for a little while now and we released our first teaser preview of the game showing off some of the environments created in UDK (Unreal Development Kit). We plan to have a native Mac version of the game available at launch as well as PC.

Below is a link to the video on our YouTube channel, feel free to drop us a like, comment, share or even subscribe. As development ramps up over the next few months we plan to release more videos. If your interested in finding out more check out www.pulsetense.com where you can read our Dev Blog and check out some more images from within the game.

Thanks for your time.

"Solarix is a first-person survival-horror game set in a beautiful (yet chaotic) science-fiction setting. The game follows the story of an electrical engineer on an off-planet colony, desperately fighting not just for his life but for what defines him as a human being. The game, story, and design are influenced by iconic science-fiction/horror games & films such as Alien, System Shock, Dead Space, and 2001: A Space Odyssey, while the gameplay is in part inspired by the stealth of Thief and Dishonored.

Our vision for the game is simple: horror that goes beyond jump-scares, into a deep feeling of unease and insecurity. Central to both story and gameplay are the monsters—human, yet totally inhuman—as well as the level design—humbling in scale and filled with detail—both of which are integral to the overall atmosphere of isolation and desperation.

We focus on quality over quantity and strive to maintain the initial goal: a genuinely scary game by all aspects of its existence."

#2 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

Cool. I'm a sucker for sci-fi settings, especially in space with stations, starships, and unknown planets.

The thing that 'never' scares me though... is heaping hulks of fleshy things shambling towards me or flailing (aka 99% of Dead Space games). They are laughable, not scary. So if your monsters are nothing like dead space monsters, then you will most likely have a hit :)

Even if it is fleshy bags of goo monsters, I will still probably buy it. I'm a sucker for sci-fi settings.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#3 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17422 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

I'm from the Captain Kirk school of Sci-Fi games, just give me a warm gun and some hot alien chicks.  Don't make me shoot them though.  Find some alien race resembling Rosie O'Donnell for me to shoot.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#4 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6089 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

Sign me up right the frak now.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Indie, stealth, horror, fps