• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Steam Name:Jan
  • Steam ID:janfeld
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 15 January 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

Shame you cannot 'delete' things from Steam, as there has been many indie games from bundles that I simply found horrible-never-to-launch again, and they just sit in my steam library, ruining my achievement percentage, and filling up my trading card 'unfinished' list =p

Spot on. This was actually the main reason why I created a new Steam account some time ago. I wanted to swipe the slate clean and only link games to my account I will or plan to play. I'm very careful now which games are 'allowed' into my library. Some people have several Steam accounts just to properly manage their stuff: One main account, one for demos, one for TF2 item trading and so on. But that's not for me. I want one account to rule them all, but one I can manage and adjust just the way I like it and that's not possible at the moment. Categories are nice, but you can't even hide an unwanted purchase like in the Mac App Store and why should we not be able to delete crap games or demos? That was a great thing back in the good 'ol days of physical media: Don't like it? Sell it, give to someone else or put it in the dustbin. Easy peasy.
Feral Account: Jan

MacBook 12" with Retina Display (Early 2015)
Core M 1,2 GHz | 8 GB RAM | 512 GB Flash
Intel HD5300 1536 MB VRAM
macOS Sierra

Now playing: Mad Max, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ultra Street Fighter II, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

#42 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

You know, on the other hand I feel like deleting games is like deleting money if you delete them from your Steam account. I'd be down with that more if they offered some kind of rebate.. even a small one. Demos on the other hand are fair game and should be deleted when you uninstall them.
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#43 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:31 PM

View PostSmoke_Tetsu, on 15 January 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

You know, on the other hand I feel like deleting games is like deleting money if you delete them from your Steam account. I'd be down with that more if they offered some kind of rebate.. even a small one.

Or even just steam wallet funds, or being able to trade/sell your games like items on the marketplace.

Somehow if that happened, though, I wonder if publishers would be more wary of participating in the extreme steam sales.

At the minimum, though Steam needs a refund policy comparable to Origin's.

#44 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6075 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

Why not just not have the ones you don't ever care to play not installed, and have your library organized by installed games? What I do...
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#45 Jan

Jan

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:41 AM

View PostFrost, on 15 January 2014 - 09:18 PM, said:

Why not just not have the ones you don't ever care to play not installed, and have your library organized by installed games? What I do...

It's more a collector's sentiment. If I don't like a game or will never play it anyway, I don't want it in my collection. If that's the case with physical media, I usually give away unwanted games to someone who might like them. It's win-win for everyone. They have fun and I have the crap game out of my sight.

macOS Sierra

Now playing: Mad Max, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ultra Street Fighter II, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

#46 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

View PostFrost, on 15 January 2014 - 09:18 PM, said:

I dont keep everything I like, installed all at once, forever. Many times I clear out some nice games from the drive, but do intend to maybe replay them later in a few years. Usually I've reached 100% on the game, and simply do not need it using up disk space. So, uninstalling, then mixes it down with all kinds of random crap I don't ever want to "see" in my list again.

Out of sight, out of mind ;)

Really bugs me those games eat a huge 0% into my overall game completion rate with achievements =p

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#47 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

I fail to see how that's a problem. Especially since 1) Changing your list sorting to "installed" isn't permanent and 2) Making categories and doing it that way is always an option. If they are out of site and out of mind if sorted by installed then putting the games you bought but don't like into their own category and collapsing them should be just as out of mind as that.

As for the last thing, that too can be solved by being less obssesive compulsive about achievements. It's not like you can take those achievements to the grave with you. ;) ;)

All I see here is people being resistant to the options available to them.
--Tetsuo

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#48 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2453 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

View PostSmoke_Tetsu, on 16 January 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

All I see here is people being resistant to the options available to them.

We aren't resisting them; we are using them and finding them lacking.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#49 Jan

Jan

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:53 PM

One simple example: You want to try out a game, download the demo, play some time and get one or two achievements. But the game is crap and you decide to uninstall it. It will stay in your library forever and the 1% achievement percentage messes up your personal gaming statistics. But even if you like the game and you buy it -- the demo stays in your library and even the beta if you have participated. What a mess!

Apple lets you hide games and delete Game Center statistics if you like. That's user-oriented and convenient. Why can't Valve deliver such basic functions?

macOS Sierra

#50 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:19 PM

View PostJan, on 16 January 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

Why can't Valve deliver such basic functions?

Because they don't HAVE too. They have mindless fanbois who kiss their ass at every turn and accept mediocrity as gospel. "Why improve if you think you are doing everything right?"

And yeah, even ORIGIN has the ability to hide games away you dont want/like anymore. And origin sucks!

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#51 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

I think this thread is outliving its usefulness when people are resorting to name calling. Mindless fanbois, really? I'm one of the only ones here trying to point out some solutions whether or not they are good enough for you. I might be many things but mindless is not one of them.

You've all been told how to hide away your games you don't want\like. Of course what you want is more than just hiding them away and the answers given are obviously not good enough for you. To recap the cold hard facts are:
  • Yes you can hide games in Steam via two ways or a combination of both (categories and by installed).

• No you can't (easily) remove them completely.

• Yes any stats you gained will stay in your account*.
Doing a quick google search I've noticed that people have had games removed from their library by Valve by request. Might take some arguing with support however and there seems to be some caveats with bundles: http://gaming.stacke...from-my-library

*I've never had steam support remove a game from my library so I don't know if this happens in that situation as well.
--Tetsuo

the Battle Cat said:

#52 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17377 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:00 PM

Perhaps if enough people request games be removed from their libraries then Valve will get the hint.  If you are interested in this then spread the word elsewhere.  Grassroots efforts are always noticed... though not always responded to.  But it won't get noticed unless there is a demand.  Tell your friends and have your friends tell friends.  If you want it, help get the ball rolling.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#53 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:47 AM

Well, that was bound to happen: shortly after I bought Guacamelee individually in expectation of the Mac version, it's part of the new Humble Bundle. :glare:

Other games included are:
Dust: An Elysian Tail
The Swapper
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dream

And for more than the average (currently $4.31), you also get Antichamber and Monaco.

Guacamelee, The Swapper and Antichamber all make their Mac and Linux debut. Giana Sisters has no Mac or Linux versions yet, but they are promised for "later this year".

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#54 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3780 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:55 AM

Hmmm... Giana Sisters look okay.. Maybe Dust and The Swapper.. The rest, meh. I'll skip this time.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#55 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:09 AM

Wow, best bundle ever. Been waiting very patiently for The Swapper and Antichamber Mac versions, and now they are here in one bundle.

#56 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1425 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:02 PM

I just finished playing an hour of Antichamber. Really cool puzzler so far.
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#57 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2453 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:32 PM

Once again, a game I talked myself out of buying (Monaco) is now in my possession because the price fell below my ability to resist buying it. Looking forward to trying that and Antichamber.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#58 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3780 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:36 AM

I know how you feel. I bought the bundle yesterday. Sigh.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#59 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:23 AM

New Humble Bundle. It's noteworthy because it contains Mac and Linux versions of Outlast (excellent survival horror), La-Mulana (very good jump and run) and the Shadow Warrior remake.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#60 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:49 PM

Shadow Warrior and Outlast alone seem like a great deal @ 5 bucks each basically with anything else I wind up liking pure bonus. That's my kind of bundle.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Humble Bundle