6 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:18 AM

Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs is now available. The first person horror title, developed by The Chinese Room for Frictional Games, is not a direct sequel to Frictional's original game, but does exist in the same universe. It takes place on New Year's Day 1899 in London and follows the experiences of Oswald Mandus, a man struggling to save his children.

In 2010 Frictional Games terrified the world with the cult horror Amnesia: A Dark Descent. Now they bring you a new nightmare. Created in collaboration with The Chinese Room, the studio behind Dear Esther, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is an intense and terrifying journey into the heart of darkness that lurks within us all.

The year is 1899
Wealthy industrialist Oswald Mandus awakes in his bed, wracked with fever and haunted by dreams of a dark and hellish engine. Tortured by visions of a disastrous expedition to Mexico, broken on the failing dreams of an industrial utopia, wracked with guilt and tropical disease, he wakes into a nightmare. The house is silent, the ground beneath him shaking at the will of some infernal machine: all he knows is that his children are in grave peril, and it is up to him to save them.

Step back into the horror
Like The Dark Descent, this is a game driven by its story, exploration of the world and the constant fear of the unknown. You can expect classic Amnesia gameplay, physics interaction and the signature blend of high-end gaming with low system requirements.

Think you understand fear? Think again.
A Machine for Pigs takes both the world of Amnesia and the technology of The Dark Descent to new heights of horror. Built using an updated version of HPL2 engine, the game features stunning visual and environment design, incredible music and audio effects and adapted artificial intelligence. These are all driven by a gut-wrenching, blood-curdling new story, set sixty years after the events of the original game.

Features:
  • Unique game created in collaboration between two independent game companies famous for exploring the outer reaches of what games can be.
  • Fresh and new approach to the Amnesia world while staying true to its origins.
  • Unique physics interaction that has been developed and improved since 2005.
  • Exceptional artwork and environments that run on low system specifications.
  • The darkest, most horrific tale ever told in a videogame.
  • Stunning soundtrack by award-winning composer Jessica Curry.

Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs is available now. Learn more at the sites below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:56 AM

LOL @ Comments: http://www.macgamest...chine-for-Pigs/

Impatience is NOT the virtue. Sad people.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#3 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:17 AM

Those must all be the pigs waiting impatiently for their machine:  It's midnight on Earth IMG!  MIDNIGHT!!  The solar system has struck midnight... WHERE ARE YOU???  That does it, I'm writing a letter.

Dear IMG,

It's midnight and you promised us our game you filthy swine.  I'm tired of being polite, I was polite when I was a kid but now I'm 12 and that's the age some men are thrown into war.  I could have lost my life in some foreign hell hole protecting your right to frak us over!!  I have your dog you piece of popsnizzle store, and I swear that if you don't release this game within the next hour I will cut it with a broken bottle covered in cat hair and snot!!

I refuse to shop in your store ever again.  I will tell all my friends how you just take our money and never give us our games.  I'm making posters right now to put up around town.  My father is a big television producer and he said he will air a special about you exposing your deceit and fraud to the WORLD!!

Suck on that you tards,
the Battle Cat
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#4 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

Heh... readers should make note that Battle Cat is jesting ;) As if it wasn't apparent... but it needs to be said, because it seems people don't read well.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#5 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

Hmmmm... yes, the forum software seems to have eaten my sarcasm tags.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#6 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 10 September 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

Those must all be the pigs waiting impatiently for their machine:  It's midnight on Earth IMG!  MIDNIGHT!!  The solar system has struck midnight... WHERE ARE YOU???  That does it, I'm writing a letter.

Dear IMG,

It's midnight and you promised us our game you filthy swine.  I'm tired of being polite, I was polite when I was a kid but now I'm 12 and that's the age some men are thrown into war.  I could have lost my life in some foreign hell hole protecting your right to frak us over!!  I have your dog you piece of popsnizzle store, and I swear that if you don't release this game within the next hour I will cut it with a broken bottle covered in cat hair and snot!!

I refuse to shop in your store ever again.  I will tell all my friends how you just take our money and never give us our games.  I'm making posters right now to put up around town.  My father is a big television producer and he said he will air a special about you exposing your deceit and fraud to the WORLD!!

Suck on that you tards,
the Battle Cat
That's far too articulate and has far too few errors in spelling, grammar and punctuation to be a believable internet rage rant.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#7 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

Yeah, in hindsight I should have left all the punctuation and line breaks out and put it in all caps.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat