The year is 1899
Wealthy industrialist Oswald Mandus awakes in his bed, wracked with fever and haunted by dreams of a dark and hellish engine. Tortured by visions of a disastrous expedition to Mexico, broken on the failing dreams of an industrial utopia, wracked with guilt and tropical disease, he wakes into a nightmare. The house is silent, the ground beneath him shaking at the will of some infernal machine: all he knows is that his children are in grave peril, and it is up to him to save them.
Step back into the horror
Like The Dark Descent, this is a game driven by its story, exploration of the world and the constant fear of the unknown. You can expect classic Amnesia gameplay, physics interaction and the signature blend of high-end gaming with low system requirements.
Think you understand fear? Think again.
A Machine for Pigs takes both the world of Amnesia and the technology of The Dark Descent to new heights of horror. Built using an updated version of HPL2 engine, the game features stunning visual and environment design, incredible music and audio effects and adapted artificial intelligence. These are all driven by a gut-wrenching, blood-curdling new story, set sixty years after the events of the original game.
- Unique game created in collaboration between two independent game companies famous for exploring the outer reaches of what games can be.
- Fresh and new approach to the Amnesia world while staying true to its origins.
- Unique physics interaction that has been developed and improved since 2005.
- Exceptional artwork and environments that run on low system specifications.
- The darkest, most horrific tale ever told in a videogame.
- Stunning soundtrack by award-winning composer Jessica Curry.
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs is available now. Learn more at the sites below.