2 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8105 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:49 AM

Mac Gamer HQ has posted a new review of Harebrained Schemes' Shadowrun Returns. The role playing game returns players to the Shadowrun universe which features a mixture of cyberpunk tech and high fantasy magic.

From the review:

The Shadowrun series allows you to play several combinations of ‘meta-humans’ and classes. Human, Elf, Dwarf, Ork, and Troll can be paired with Street Samurai, Mage (magic with guns), Decker (hacker), Shaman (magic), Rigger (lockpicker), or Physical Adept (strength). Hacker-Trolls and Rigger-Dwarves are feasible character options, for those of you longing for such a combo. On my first run through, I played as a Samurai-Elf. In typical RPG fashion, you then have five ‘karma’ points to spend upgrading your character as you see fit. Naturally, you then gain more karma throughout the game when you complete certain missions and objectives. At first, spending these points can be a somewhat daunting task, as the list of skills and attributes is long and overwhelming.

For the full article head over to the page below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

A rather poor review, I must say, containing a number of factually incorrect statements.  Reads like the reviewer played it for 10 minutes.

--Eric

#3 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7007 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:04 AM

View PostEric5h5, on 07 September 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

A rather poor review, I must say, containing a number of factually incorrect statements.  Reads like the reviewer played it for 10 minutes.
I have to agree. Not only are there lots of errors regarding Shadowrun in general and the game in particular, completely failing to mention important features like the editor or the less than optimal checkpoint system is inexcusable.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"