5 replies to this topic

#1 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1449 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:21 AM

Omerta: City of Gangsters available for Mac (Steam Link)

Gamasutra Press Release
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#2 Cobra

Cobra

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:20 AM

Also on the Mac App Store. Really enjoyed this one, glade it got ported.... shame there isn't ever anyone online to play against since I've completed the campaign now.

#3 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

Been out on the macgamestore for a few months (NON STEAM version). Hasn't gotten very good feedback. Kinda mediocre. I dont think it being on App Store finally will change that, or bring in more multi-players.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#4 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:44 AM

Was thinking of getting this on sale recently, but a lot of users reported it being so so at best. A lot of people called it boring. I like mafia style games and turn based combat, but I didn't take the plunge. Too much varied feedback on the gameplay.
Macgamecast.com - Mac news, reviews and more!
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#5 Cobra

Cobra

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:14 AM

I'd recommend it... but like you said, I'm sure the next person may not. I think the online multiplayer is meant to be cross platform even... so I guess it isn't doing amazingly on PC either.

#6 Gliniolu

Gliniolu

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:00 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 03 December 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

Been out on the macgamestore for a few months (NON STEAM version). Hasn't gotten very good feedback. Kinda mediocre. I dont think it being on App Store finally will change that, or bring in more multi-players.

Bought it there and that proved be quite an error as DLC hasnt been released for the shop, what a crap that DLC that are compatible only with a shop, that should be forbidden.

I played it some hours, it's not bad but it's difficult to enter in. The first parts you are very guided for a sort of tutorial approach, then when you are more fully on your own, I felt the game was lacking of feedback giving clues on why chose this or why choose that. It's in middle of complex game management like you find many on mobiles and simplified sim, plus a bit of tactical turn based fights and story elements. The idea is good but it failed for me because I couldn't get the strategy element in it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: omerta, gangsters, mac, steam, press release, announce, kalypso