Steam Summer Sale!

steam summer sale where is all my money?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3780 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

Portal 2. My only buy. Pfft.... Addicts... *Whistles and walks away*
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#22 Tacohead

Tacohead

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum when is was $5 during a flash sale. It's something I've always been mildly curious about but not enough to pay $30. This works though!

-PN
27" iMac I7 (late 2013), 3.2 mhz, 16 gigs of RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB, Mac OS 10.12.3
iPad Air 2 64GB WiFi/iPhone 6+ 64GB

#23 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

I'be bought nothing! How's that for willpower?

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#24 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17377 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

I'be bought nothing also!  I think, I'm not sure what I just said there.  I wanted Bioshock Infinite but it's only for PC.  I still have a lot of miles in Borderlands 2 anyway.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#25 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6075 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:48 PM

I bought nothing all year except a few things on sale so I could buy it all now.

How's that for willpower? :P
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#26 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:46 AM

I just bought Borderlands 2, (like a few other here) among a few other games.

Liberator.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#27 Jan

Jan

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Steam Name:Jan
  • Steam ID:janfeld

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:47 AM

Borderlands 2 and BioShock Infinite. That's all for now. I'm thinking about getting Portal 2 and Max Payne 3, even though the latter seems to be running very, very bad on Nvidia cards due to the Cider wrapper.
Feral Account: Jan

MacBook 12" with Retina Display (Early 2015)
Core M 1,2 GHz | 8 GB RAM | 512 GB Flash
Intel HD5300 1536 MB VRAM
macOS Sierra

Now playing: Mad Max, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ultra Street Fighter II, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

#28 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

I'd be picking up SS2 if it were Mac compatible like the GOG version...

And still waiting on Monaco after it lost the community vote...

It's OK, Kerbal Space Progam is keeping me quite occupied.

#29 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2453 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

This morning I was about to impulse-buy Max Payne 3 because it was so cheap... But I talked myself out of it, and now I feel REALLY GOOD about myself. I imagine this is what an alcoholic feels like when they manage to turn down a drink or two.

What helped was thinking about the many games already in my possession that I fully intend to drink-- um, play. So, a minor victory at best. But it's better than I've managed in the past. :-)
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#30 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

I look at it a little differently. I know at some point I want to play such-n-such... despite my huge game backlog. If I see such-n-such for a steal, then I grab it. That way when I finally do get around to it, I have long since forgotten what I paid for it, and am not ticked off as much if the game truly ends up sucking.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#31 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2453 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

I have to face facts- there are books on my shelf that I will never read, and games in my queue that I will never get to. No, I don't have a fatal illness, but I am accumulating these things much faster than I am consuming them. Basic math. If I buy Payne 3 now, then I either won't play it or it will prevent me from playing one of the following: Bioshock Infinite, DX HR, Borderlands 2, Heart of the Swarm, and a dozen other games in my queue.

I also know myself-- it takes a lot for me to not finish out the story of a game. (Likewise, I am unable to ignore any quest presented to me in an RPG, no matter how minor.) So much as I'd like to believe that I could spend a few evenings with Payne 3, get my money's worth, then move on, that $10 would end up being a larger commitment.

Basically, I'm facing up to the fact that my world is contracting. Heck, there's music I like on my iPod that I will never hear again! It's a pisser but we're all in the same boat as we get older.

That's enough of that. I'm logging off to play Heart of the Swarm.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#32 NostalgiaLane

NostalgiaLane

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Steam Name:oSBKo
  • Steam ID:oSBKo

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:02 AM

View PostCougar, on 16 July 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

I'd be picking up SS2 if it were Mac compatible like the GOG version...

And still waiting on Monaco after it lost the community vote...

It's OK, Kerbal Space Progam is keeping me quite occupied.

The devs have said on Twitter that a Mac version will be coming to Steam 'soon'

#33 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:37 AM

View PostNostalgiaLane, on 17 July 2013 - 06:02 AM, said:

The devs have said on Twitter that a Mac version will be coming to Steam 'soon'

I know, I'm the one that asked. :)

Though they didn't say soon, just that it was "coming to Mac". When it was on sale again I asked them about an ETA but they didn't reply. It's still not listed for Mac in the Steam database so in just going to hold off for now.

#34 Tacohead

Tacohead

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

I've largely slowed down in my purchasing of games because, like many of you, I have a backlog as well. But I've come to accept that purchasing games for five dollars or less is acceptable when viewed as demos. Back in the day $40 -$50 games were common and free demos were the only way to get a taste of a game without wasting a lot of money. Demos also seemed to be more common back then as well. These days demos seem to be less common but the prices of games are quite a bit lower, especially during these crazy sales. This makes it easier (at least for me) to justify "wasting" a tiny bit of money on a game where I might do little more than "demo" it. Of course not every game is going to become dirt cheap like that but a lot of them do if you're patient.

So dropping $5 or less on something like Limbo, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Half Life 2, and FTL is worth it to me just  to demo a game. And even if I never play such a game it's not exactly a big waste of money.

So this is what I keep telling myself and I keep listening to it. :happy:

-PN
27" iMac I7 (late 2013), 3.2 mhz, 16 gigs of RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB, Mac OS 10.12.3
iPad Air 2 64GB WiFi/iPhone 6+ 64GB

#35 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

Oops, I just bought another game. STOP ME!

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#36 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

Anyone who HASNT gotten Deus Ex Human Revolution yet... its "right now" for just $2.99. Which is a sick deal for a great game.

-Fm [1oM7]

#37 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

View PostTacohead, on 17 July 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

I've largely slowed down in my purchasing of games because, like many of you, I have a backlog as well. But I've come to accept that purchasing games for five dollars or less is acceptable when viewed as demos. Back in the day $40 -$50 games were common and free demos were the only way to get a taste of a game without wasting a lot of money. Demos also seemed to be more common back then as well. These days demos seem to be less common but the prices of games are quite a bit lower, especially during these crazy sales. This makes it easier (at least for me) to justify "wasting" a tiny bit of money on a game where I might do little more than "demo" it. Of course not every game is going to become dirt cheap like that but a lot of them do if you're patient.

So dropping $5 or less on something like Limbo, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Half Life 2, and FTL is worth it to me just  to demo a game. And even if I never play such a game it's not exactly a big waste of money.

So this is what I keep telling myself and I keep listening to it. :happy:

-PN

Exactly. I keep buying them, play a little and then another one comes out.

The really good games usually have a story that means I actually want to play to the end quickly. I guess the best are those that get a replay even if it is usually years later.

A good example is I was playing Max Payne 3 until the steam patch issue because like the previous games the story drew me in. I actually finished Splinter Cell Conviction at the weekend though which I probably started a year or two back.
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, R9 280X 3GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.12.6

#38 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17377 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

View PostFrigidman, on 17 July 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

Anyone who HASNT gotten Deus Ex Human Revolution yet... its "right now" for just $2.99. Which is a sick deal for a great game.

It is displayed as Windows only.  Is there no Mac version on Steam?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#39 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

Waaaaa???? Oh geez. Yeah, you are right... I tried to 'install' my copy using my mac steam, and it was all "Does not work for this platform".

Well putznuckz. Sorry, I thought it was a steamplay game. Apparently NOT.

-Fm [1oM7]

#40 Djevlen

Djevlen

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

Its a Feral port, of course its not on Steam. As we all know they only got one game on there.
Mid-2011 27' iMac:  i5 3.1Ghz 16gb ram 6970m 1gb 1tb HDD
2010 17' MBP i7 2.66Ghz 8gb ram GT330m512 320gb HDD
iPhone 5 Black 64gb
iPad 4 Black 64gb Wifi

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: steam, summer, sale, where is all my money?