Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1448 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

http://store.steampo...com/app/236370/

Interstellar Marines

Purchase Interstellar Marines and receive the following:
  • Early Access – be part of the development of Interstellar Marines and provide your feedback and suggestions as we expand the game update after update.
  • All In – receive all future updates and expansions completely free of charge.

Interstellar Marines - Spearhead Edition

In addition to Early Access to Interstellar Marines (including all future updates and expansions), the Spearhead Edition includes:
  • Spearhead identity – A unique honorary game profile that with time will grant you access to special skins, helmets, weapons etc. (does not alter gameplay).*
  • Hall of Honor & Credits – Your name will be acknowledged in a special in-game Hall of Honor and you’ll also get your name in the credits.*
  • Digital Soundtracks – Download the Interstellar Marines: The Beginning soundtrack as well as all future soundtracks as they are released.
  • Digital Art Books – Download digital PDFs released periodically, filled with high resolution concept art, screenshots and behind the scenes information.*
*Not available yet
About the Game

Interstellar Marines resurrects the old school tactical FPS, offering a unique blend of co-op, role-playing and nonlinear gameplay. Set in a believable future, you take on the role as an elite soldier handpicked to join Project IM, a top secret military program being assembled to protect mankind from all dangers outside our solar system.

Interstellar Marines is inspired by Half-Life, System Shock 2 and Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield. Our game is all about evolving the FPS recipe with all the inspirations we've assimilated since the birth of the genre. Our goal is an evolutionary leap forward driven by our compulsive interest in science fiction, role-playing, military realism, and respect for first person immersion.
Features Currently Available
  • Team Deathmatch (4vs4) in highly dynamic environments.
  • 5 unique maps featuring dynamic environment configurations such as time of day, rain, thunder and lightning, emergency lighting, fire alarms etc.
  • Experience various maps and prototypes in “Playground” mode (singleplayer).
  • 100% dynamic lighting and real-time shadows as well as destructible light fixtures.
  • Full-body first person character simulation (no more floating hands!).
  • Physically present combat helmet (visor glass is affected by light and rain).
  • Submachine Gun (CE6) with full-auto fire.
  • Shoot from hip or look through the Red Dot scope for increased accuracy.
  • Toggleable tactical flashlight for when it’s pitch black.
  • Toggleable laser to assist your aim (no crosshairs)
  • Smooth network play even on high latency connections with packet loss.
  • Realistically simulated ragdolls with momentum transfer.
  • Play on high capacity dedicated servers in both US, Europe and Australia.
  • World’s most advanced in-game chat system.
Vision of Interstellar Marines

First Person Simulation:
A razor-sharp focus on creating a truly immersive First Person Simulator via distinct graphics, audio and gameplay.

Tactical Co-op:
The entire game experience designed from the ground up to support up to 4 players in co-op, with true cooperative interaction.

Progressive Role-Playing:
Flat and classless progressive character development and skill system that is not dumbed down for consoles.

Nonlinear Game Design:
Open and dynamic game world that always presents a multitude of tactical options for navigating the environment.

Customizable Arsenal:
A comprehensive selection of weapon models and types, extension upgrades and equipment options, allowing on-the-fly choice in each tactical situation.

Thinking AI:
Enemies that react to input from you and the surrounding game world. We would rather have one smart thinking enemy than five stupid ones.

Believable Science Fiction:
Realistic and rich sci-fi environments, ranging from claustrophobic space stations to large outdoor worlds.

Interactive Storyline:
A cinematic narrative centered around first contact with another sentient species, where your choices and actions will have consequences.

Roadmap (Near Future)

In no particular order:
  • Linux support.
  • Dynamic multiplayer game modes.
  • Steam features (stats, achievements, friends).
  • Character movement (walk, sprint, jump, crouch).
  • Tactical gameplay (fatigue and adrenaline).
  • Co-op features (multiplayer).
  • Weapon features (rate-of-fire, extensions, reload types).
  • Extend general game UI and HUD system.
  • In-game profiles.
  • More weapon types and models.
  • New multiplayer maps.
  • Environment variations, theme and context.
  • Shooting range (singleplayer).
  • Developer Commentary mode.
  • Oculus Rift support.
  • Server / LAN support.
  • Artificial Intelligence (AI).

macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#2 MGregory666

MGregory666

Fanatic

• IMG Writers
  • 72 posts
  • Steam Name:MGregory666

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

I just purchased the game. Lets hope it turns into something good.

#3 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

I'm growing tired of games being sold as beta with no assurance they will ever be finished.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#4 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:13 AM

View PostFrigidman, on 03 July 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

I'm growing tired of games being sold as beta with no assurance they will ever be finished.
A very fair point of view. There's a lot of trust (and money) being thrown at the devs here for various projects. So far the one's I've backed or had interest in have been good. This particular game is very playable. And no, there's no guarantee it will finish. But for $15 I'm happy to have a cool multiplayer experience if nothing else.

Speaking of that I made a gameplay video if anyone is interested in viewing how a match plays out:

Macgamecast.com - Mac news, reviews and more!
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#5 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2242 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:54 AM

I'm guessing they never really worked on the playstation 3 and xbox 360 versions like they mentioned ages ago? Still though, it's unity powered the last time I checked.
What is a man?

#6 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:40 AM

By this rate, the game will be done in 2030...

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#7 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:35 AM

It just seems like I see all these 'cool things' they list out as wanting to do, but when it comes down to it, and money starts to get tight and they are getting pressure by the money grubbing execs... they end up releasing a game with a very low fraction of 'what they wanted to do'.

I guess it just rubs me the wrong way when I see them list out all these cool things on a game detail page for purchase, knowing full well they will never (never have yet) complete them all. Its almost like false advertising under the ruse of 'early access/beta'. Ya know?

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#8 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:38 PM

All valid thoughts. Here is an update from Stoic studio on the whole double fine fiasco. Its in the second half of the update. Interesting thoughts. http://www.kickstart...ga/posts/529873
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)

#9 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1448 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:02 AM

View PostWumpus, on 04 July 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

All valid thoughts. Here is an update from Stoic studio on the whole double fine fiasco. Its in the second half of the update. Interesting thoughts. http://www.kickstart...ga/posts/529873
Banner Saga... Colonial Marines... same difference depending on how you look at it.
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#10 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:52 AM

I don't think his whole argument applies to all kickstarters either, but this is coming from a guy who used to work on AAA games, so his view is definitely going to be skewed in that direction.

Personally I think anyone who doubts or hates on kickstarter games is going to go "hah! Just see, its all a sham" or similar. I take a more even approach and say, I'm sure some of the kickstarted games will come out differently than promised, but so far all the one's I'm backing are on track, so I'm okay with that.

#11 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1448 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

Yeah but are you talking about Banner Saga or Colonial Marines... or Double Fine—what?

Ohhhh... you're pointing us to this link to read something by someone who has nothing to do with the development of Colonial Marines but speaks about a similar situation that another party has been in as those whom are developing Colonial Marines are facing? :huh:

#12 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6095 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

I'd like to point out that Interstellar Marines and Gearbox's craptastic Colonial Marines are not the same thing.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#13 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1448 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

I'd like to point out that any future reference to Colonial Marines, Zero Point Software, Double Fine, Banner Saga or Interstellar Colonial Marines all, on this thread at least, refer back to Interstellar Marines.

Thank you.

#14 Gliniolu

Gliniolu

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:34 AM

I like the graphic style approach (cool even if I'd like a style a bit more special/orignal/uncommon) and for sure the Mac support is a big plus. The SF thing is also a plus. In theory the RPG approach should be a plus too but when I read the game target description it sounds more like a 4*A game or more exactly it's like athe quadrature of the circle. I just hardly believe in it. I did played a great indie shooter more or less fitting the target descritption, EYE Divine Cybermancy (not released on Mac) but frankly there's no clue of anything close to real originality in Interstellar Marines, and anyway it's quite probable that an Early Access for EYE wouldn't work for me either.

I have hard time enter in the Early Access thing. I understand this approach is a mix of G2G (Game Together) and Kickstarter (pre funding) and it seems ok. But I have a low believing in G2G and I don't like how I never know when I get a finished version. For now I haven't buy a single Early Access but particiated to few kickstarters. The point is play an unfinished game doesn't appeal me at all, and I'm not motivated by the G2G approach.

About the Early Access, I think it's ID software that did it first, a bit throughb Doom and more obviously through Quake. But yeah it's free Early Access so not really Early Access. :-)

#15 BifBologna

BifBologna

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:59 PM

I couldn't decide whether it was better to necro this old thread or start a new topic. Since the game is still Early Access, and because I expect minimal response, I decided it didn't warrant it's own topic.

In any case, they released the first co-op mission for Interstellar Marines this week and along with it sent out a bunch of Steam coupons for 25% off the price of the regular version of the game. Apparently the 25% off coupon will also stack with the current 25% off sale price so you can get into the IM early access for around ten bucks, or thereabouts. I have one of those coupons currently sitting in my Steam inventory available if anybody wants it. If you're interested, hit me up here or look me up on Steam and I'll toss the coupon your way. The coupon expires on the 30th.

Bif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: interstellar marines, interstellar, marines, steam, fps, early access, early, access