Justin Sampson recently emailed us about work on his upcoming space combat, trading, and exploration game, Void of Darkness
. Scheduled for a fourth quarter 2013 release, the game draws inspiration from the classic Starflight
series. Void offers would-be starship captains the chance to explore a large universe populated with more than 10 alien races. To succeed they'll need explore, acquire new technology, and confront an evil threat.
Brief Synopsis: Having fled their home worlds after a devastating interstellar war with an unknown alien race, The Terran evacuation fleet was thrown across the known universe by an unknown anomaly. Now one hundred years later after resettling on a new home world with the aid of a race of beings known as the Eurians; Terrans have relaunched a small exploration fleet to once again explore the unknown; All with the hope of one day reclaiming their lost home worlds.
The player must manipulate events, secure friendships with other species, acquire advanced technology, explore the sector, discover and ultimately confront another evil threat that looms in the new area of space.
- Exciting & Engaging tactical combat
- Interact directly with more than 10 Alien races
- A large and dynamic universe
- Engaging exploration: Discover anomalies, wormholes and more!
- Acquire advanced technology: Cloaking technology and kinetic barriers
- Deploy Auxiliary craft such as mining drones to mine for you
- Trade/Haggle with alien merchants for the best price
- A nonlinear story line against the back drop of sandbox gameplay
- Hybrid Rogue Like: You can only save once docked safely at a station
- Fleet Engagements
- Starbase Assaults
Void of Darkness is also currently the subject of an Indiegogo funding campaign. Learn more at the links below.