#61 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:42 AM

View Postikir, on 26 July 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:

Still not officially coming to Mac App Store (in app upgrade?)?

The Mac AppStore and Steam have their own versions and we have no plans to offer the other versions in the opposite store as an upgrade/DLC feature.

#62 Tetsuya

Tetsuya

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2171 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:26 AM

... and people wonder why the Mac App Store is a joke.  That's not a dig at you guys, Ed... just at the limitations im sure Apple puts on the App store that make crap like this even a thing.  

Have not yet, and will likely not ever, purchase anything from the MAS other than "purchasing" OS upgrades.

#63 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

View PostTetsuya, on 28 July 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

... and people wonder why the Mac App Store is a joke.  That's not a dig at you guys, Ed... just at the limitations im sure Apple puts on the App store that make crap like this even a thing.  

Have not yet, and will likely not ever, purchase anything from the MAS other than "purchasing" OS upgrades.

This decision is not related to any limitations of the AppStore. These games are although similar have different code bases and features and not not directly compatible hence the differing versions. Directors Cut isn't an upgrade in some ways from the MAS version (as we added some Mac only extras) so instead of all the of the confusion between the versions etc we decided to make the Directors Cut Steam only.

It's unusual (and unlikely to be repeated as we usually ship on Steam and MAS at the same time now) but so is the history of Deus Ex and the Directors Cut version. Hopefully those who wanted both versions got the game on the summer sale when it was heavily discounted.

Edwin

#64 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:00 PM

I’m very happy with the Director’s Cut, but just out of curiosity, what exactly does the Ultimate Edition have that DC doesn’t?

#65 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:23 AM

View PostTesseract, on 29 July 2014 - 07:00 PM, said:

I’m very happy with the Director’s Cut, but just out of curiosity, what exactly does the Ultimate Edition have that DC doesn’t?

Soundtrack, Comic Book, Animated Comic, Concept Art booklet and some extra videos and trailers. In terms of game content the are similar in terms of story but Directors Cut has some improvements to the boss fights, the DLC built into the main story and some other visual tweaks and improvements. Our website and google can help highlight the exact differences with images etc.

#66 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

View PostJan, on 27 July 2014 - 02:27 AM, said:

I've purchased Deus Ex: Ultimate Edition two times from the Mac App Store (close to the original price) and the Director's Cut on Steam and I haven't found time to play it until now. Feral FTW!

How is the Wii U version? Reviewers seem to love it and sometimes describe it as the definitive version because of the great GamePad implementation.
I will start to play it in Novembre when i move to my home, since the Wii U is already in a BOX ready to be moved! I've bought it for 9€ on eBay (new) and it seems a very good versione of the game!!
ikir's personal page
MacBook Pro 13" 2016 i5 2,9Ghz - 8GB RAM - 512GB SSD
Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Radeon Nitro+ RX 480 4GB
LG 34UM95 Ultrawide Thunderbolt
Steelseries Rival 300, Steelseries Siberia v3Prism, Logitech K811

#67 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1352 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:44 AM

View Postedddeduck, on 30 July 2014 - 02:23 AM, said:

Soundtrack, Comic Book, Animated Comic, Concept Art booklet and some extra videos and trailers.

Oh, so the original augmented edition content.

Kind of bizarre they didn't include that stuff with the Directors Cut, as it does include the Augmented Edition DLC...

#68 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1423 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:28 PM

75% Off ($4.99!!) at Green Man Gaming right now
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB