Jump to content


Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut coming for Mac

Deus Ex Human Revolution Square Enix E3

  • Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 ikir

ikir

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir
  • Location:In front of my Mac

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:05 AM

View Postandodel, on 11 December 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

Not a big deal to me, it's a game that's been on my radar for some time now, but I got tons of other stuff to play now. That and my MAS account is all fudged up, since I don't know my security questions, and for some random reason it wants me to enter them.
Steam is better anyways, or for that matter maybe I can find a used Wiiu version.
LOL you blame Apple because you forgot your security question? Change them from appleid.apple.com
ikir's personal page
MacBook Pro 13" 2016 i5 2,9Ghz - 8GB RAM - 512GB SSD
Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Radeon Nitro+ RX 480 4GB
LG 34UM95 Ultrawide Thunderbolt
Steelseries Rival 300, Steelseries Siberia v3Prism, Logitech K811

#22 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

    Master Blaster

  • IMG Writers
  • 2478 posts
  • Location:Holland, PA; US
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:04 AM

Port like the wind!
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#23 Ben

Ben

    Notorious

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:07 AM

View Postedddeduck, on 27 January 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

It's bubbling up to the top of our release list :)

Awesome! Thanks for the update :)

#24 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

    Carnage Served Raw

  • Admin
  • 17432 posts
  • Location:Citadel City, Lh'owon
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:09 AM

View Postedddeduck, on 27 January 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

It's bubbling up to the top of our release list :)

::Wearing curlers in his fur, a pink fuzzy bath robe and slippers, tBC paces back and forth with a rolling pin in his paw::

That worm is late to get home!  OoooooooOOOOO if I smell liquor on his breath there will be trouble!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#25 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1440 posts
  • Location:NYC

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:29 PM

I assume this will be on Steam. Anyway, there's a 75% off Steam sale on the Director's Cut.
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#26 Djevlen

Djevlen

    Fanatic

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Location:Oslo, Norway

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:21 PM

Oh'yes it is: http://steamdb.info/...#section_depots
Mid-2011 27' iMac:  i5 3.1Ghz 16gb ram 6970m 1gb 1tb HDD
2010 17' MBP i7 2.66Ghz 8gb ram GT330m512 320gb HDD
iPhone 5 Black 64gb
iPad 4 Black 64gb Wifi

#27 edddeduck

edddeduck

    Feral Interactive

  • Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts
  • Location:London, England, UK

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:17 PM

View PostUmarOMC1, on 02 February 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

I assume this will be on Steam. Anyway, there's a 75% off Steam sale on the Director's Cut.


You can do that, but if the Mac version is later released on Steam the Mac developers won't get any payment for the Mac version as you need to buy a Mac key for the revenue to go to the Mac developers.

Edwin

#28 Frost

Frost

    Secretary of Offense

  • Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6095 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Location:Republic of Texas
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:41 PM

I have HR on Steam, but not the Director's Cut... I'll wait on the Mac version to upgrade.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#29 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1440 posts
  • Location:NYC

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:02 AM

View Postedddeduck, on 02 February 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

You can do that, but if the Mac version is later released on Steam the Mac developers won't get any payment for the Mac version as you need to buy a Mac key for the revenue to go to the Mac developers.

Edwin
I thought I'd be able to do with that what I'd done with Bioshock Infinite—only download and play it after the Mac version's released. It won't be SteamPlay?
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#30 edddeduck

edddeduck

    Feral Interactive

  • Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts
  • Location:London, England, UK

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:03 AM

View PostUmarOMC1, on 03 February 2014 - 01:02 AM, said:

I thought I'd be able to do with that what I'd done with Bioshock Infinite—only download and play it after the Mac version's released. It won't be SteamPlay?

You can but it's highly likely the Mac developer won't get any revenue due to how it would be calculated.

Edwin

#31 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1440 posts
  • Location:NYC

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:26 AM

View Postedddeduck, on 03 February 2014 - 03:03 AM, said:

You can but it's highly likely the Mac developer won't get any revenue due to how it would be calculated.

Edwin
So it's not calculated by when and on what platform it's played on, only when it's purchased? This seems to have been something that even confused Aspyr.
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#32 edddeduck

edddeduck

    Feral Interactive

  • Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts
  • Location:London, England, UK

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:33 AM

View PostUmarOMC1, on 03 February 2014 - 04:26 AM, said:

So it's not calculated by when and on what platform it's played on, only when it's purchased? This seems to have been something that even confused Aspyr.

It depends when you buy it, who you buy it from and the status of the Steam store at the time. I believe it works like this.

If you buy the game and it is not available on the Mac at the time then it will be a PC purchase.
If you buy a Windows key from a third party store it will be a PC purchase (no matter the activation OS).
If you buy a Mac key from a third party store it will be a Mac purchase (no matter the activation OS).
If you buy it on Steam (SteamPlay when you bought it) the split is based on the OS you activate and play on (first months usage data only).

So you can buy a game on Steam on your PC, only Play on your Mac and it counts as a Mac sale for example. I will see if I can get an FAQ written to make this all clear as it is pretty complicated :)

Edwin

p.s. If you buy it on Steam (PC only) and the Mac version comes out within a month of you buying it and then you play it on the Mac I don't know if the revenue is split or not. That is a good question but I have no answer to right now.

#33 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1440 posts
  • Location:NYC

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:21 AM

Thank you very much for your response. I know you guys are busy but I'd really appreciate a write up on this because I feel good supporting Mac development and Mac ports and would prefer my money be invested there rather than purchasing a title I'm fairly sure will feature SteamPlay.

Thank you, in advance.
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#34 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

    Eye Sea Yew

  • Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Location:East mahn, East!
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:12 AM

View Postedddeduck, on 03 February 2014 - 04:33 AM, said:

It depends when you buy it, who you buy it from and the status of the Steam store at the time. I believe it works like this.

If you buy the game and it is not available on the Mac at the time then it will be a PC purchase.
If you buy a Windows key from a third party store it will be a PC purchase (no matter the activation OS).
If you buy a Mac key from a third party store it will be a Mac purchase (no matter the activation OS).
If you buy it on Steam (SteamPlay when you bought it) the split is based on the OS you activate and play on (first months usage data only).

So you can buy a game on Steam on your PC, only Play on your Mac and it counts as a Mac sale for example. I will see if I can get an FAQ written to make this all clear as it is pretty complicated :)

Edwin

p.s. If you buy it on Steam (PC only) and the Mac version comes out within a month of you buying it and then you play it on the Mac I don't know if the revenue is split or not. That is a good question but I have no answer to right now.

The key point mainly is if you "buy it ON Steam"... as that is where the royalties get weird for publishers. If you are buying a mac key from anywhere else... no matter if you play it on the PC, the publisher gets royalties from that mac store you bought it from ;)

Which is kind of funny, as a few times when MGS puts a steamplay game on sale, we get this huge influx of WINDOWS people buying the mac keys. So all that royalty goes straight to that mac publisher for the steam game.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester


#35 edddeduck

edddeduck

    Feral Interactive

  • Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts
  • Location:London, England, UK

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:18 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 03 February 2014 - 09:12 AM, said:

The key point mainly is if you "buy it ON Steam"... as that is where the royalties get weird for publishers. If you are buying a mac key from anywhere else... no matter if you play it on the PC, the publisher gets royalties from that mac store you bought it from ;)

Which is kind of funny, as a few times when MGS puts a steamplay game on sale, we get this huge influx of WINDOWS people buying the mac keys. So all that royalty goes straight to that mac publisher for the steam game.

Makes up for all the Green Man Gaming keys sold I guess :)

Edwin

#36 Cougar

Cougar

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:54 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 03 February 2014 - 09:12 AM, said:


Which is kind of funny, as a few times when MGS puts a steamplay game on sale, we get this huge influx of WINDOWS people buying the mac keys. So all that royalty goes straight to that mac publisher for the steam game.

That's hilarious! Not that surprising, though. Mac-"only" sales always hit reddit's gamedeals.

#37 andodel

andodel

    Fan

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Steam Name:Andodel
  • Steam ID:http://steamcommunity.com/id/andodel/

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:03 PM

View Postikir, on 28 January 2014 - 07:05 AM, said:

LOL you blame Apple because you forgot your security question? Change them from appleid.apple.com

[Edited]

Second off, I'm pretty sure it's THEIR fault when my account, which is ancient, is telling me I haven't made a purchase on my computer, which is several years old, and asks me for security questions I never made. I could not reset them on my computer, and thus had to call in and sit on the phone for over 30 minutes in order to fix something that should never have been a problem in the first place :/

On a more related note, I'd also like to support mac development, so I wouldn't mind waiting :)

Edited by Janichsan, 04 February 2014 - 11:34 AM.


#38 ikir

ikir

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir
  • Location:In front of my Mac

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:13 AM

View Postandodel, on 03 February 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

Second off, I'm pretty sure it's THEIR fault when my account, which is ancient, is telling me I haven't made a purchase on my computer, which is several years old, and asks me for security questions I never made. I could not reset them on my computer, and thus had to call in and sit on the phone for over 30 minutes in order to fix something that should never have been a problem in the first place :/

On a more related note, I'd also like to support mac development, so I wouldn't mind waiting :)

I just pointed you where you can change them since you where stupidly whining about your ID security questions, which you can resolve in few minutes, probably the same time you lost whining here. I work in a support center and NEVER, even 1 time, user where right, always their error, so i'm sorry i believe it is your fault as the other 100% of users who forgot password, security questions ecc. Does it cares what i think? NOPE i just pointed you to the page where you can edit your security question if you know the password.
PS: if you have a old ID, sometime in the past in your Mac, iPod, iPhone, iPad store Apple asked to add security questions to your ID, maybe it a member of your family who did the error to compile it for you.



@edddeduck

Quote

If you buy it on Steam (SteamPlay when you bought it) the split is based on the OS you activate and play on (first months usage data only)
So if i buy a steam key from www.kinguin.it for example, and i active it on Mac and play it on Mac for the first month, Steam take it as a PC purchase anyway because the key was for PC?

Edited by Janichsan, 04 February 2014 - 11:35 AM.

ikir's personal page
MacBook Pro 13" 2016 i5 2,9Ghz - 8GB RAM - 512GB SSD
Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Radeon Nitro+ RX 480 4GB
LG 34UM95 Ultrawide Thunderbolt
Steelseries Rival 300, Steelseries Siberia v3Prism, Logitech K811

#39 edddeduck

edddeduck

    Feral Interactive

  • Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts
  • Location:London, England, UK

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:32 AM

View Postikir, on 04 February 2014 - 07:13 AM, said:

@edddeduck

So if i buy a steam key from www.kinguin.it for example, and i active it on Mac and play it on Mac for the first month, Steam take it as a PC purchase anyway because the key was for PC?

Correct if you buy a Steam key from outside of Steam the revenue will go to the OS version you bought. In most cases this will be a PC Steam key.

Edited by Janichsan, 04 February 2014 - 11:35 AM.


#40 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

    Uberspewer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu
  • Location:Cyberspace

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:36 AM

This may be only semi or un-related to that. But I noticed that Raptr counts steamplay enabled games played on Mac as "PC" platform game time with its tracking and only considers games that have their own Mac SKU to be Mac gaming time. So as far as the tracking on there is concerned I do very little Mac gaming and the only Mac game I've played within the last couple of years that has had it's hours tracked is Black Ops. :P
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7