#1 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:41 AM

Square Enix has announced that the Director's Cut of Deus Ex Human Revolution will come later this year for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, Windows... and Mac.

The Director's Cut was originally only announced for the Wii U and will integrate the Missing Link mission in the main story line, has completely redesigned boss fights, a couple of other improvements (better AI, some balancing) and second-screen features (Wii U Game Pad/PS Vita/Xbox Glass) in the console versions.

Note that the word about the Mac version actually comes directly from the horse's – i.e. Square Enix's – mouth.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#2 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3813 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:06 AM

UuuuhhhHh.... I'll wait for that one!
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#3 MichalM.Mac

MichalM.Mac

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Steam Name:michalmmac
  • Steam ID:michalmmac

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:38 AM

If I understand this correctly... They took the project from Feral, imlemented changes and they will sell it as a separate game (not update)?

#4 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:41 AM

View PostMichalM.Mac, on 12 June 2013 - 04:38 AM, said:

If I understand this correctly... They took the project from Feral, imlemented changes and they will sell it as separate a game (not update)?
Yes, it seems to be a separate game. In how far Feral is involved or not isn't clear from this press release. Eidos/Square Enix and Feral seem to have a rather good business relationship, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Mac version is actually from Feral.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#5 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1438 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:20 AM

I'd like to hear the Feral got compensated for their porting efforts at least. They do good work and hope to know they're open for business and making money and Mac games for some time to come... well, until we all trip on that iMacPro roadblock.
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#6 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2477 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:50 PM

For Feral to get screwed over by this, they would have had to sign a contract that allowed them to port and publish the Mac version of HR but a) didn't give them the same permissions for the director's cut, and/or b) didn't give them exclusive Mac publishing rights for the Mac version of DX for N years, and/or c) allowed Eidos to take Feral's port and modify/publish it themselves without adequately compensating Feral.

Stranger things have happened I guess, but Feral are old hands at this. I doubt there's anything cutthroat going on.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#7 Diablofett

Diablofett

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 17 June 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

For Feral to get screwed over by this, they would have had to sign a contract that allowed them to port and publish the Mac version of HR but a) didn't give them the same permissions for the director's cut, and/or b) didn't give them exclusive Mac publishing rights for the Mac version of DX for N years, and/or c) allowed Eidos to take Feral's port and modify/publish it themselves without adequately compensating Feral.

Stranger things have happened I guess, but Feral are old hands at this. I doubt there's anything cutthroat going on.

Feral people can be dangerous!

#8 MichalM.Mac

MichalM.Mac

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Steam Name:michalmmac
  • Steam ID:michalmmac

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

From Feral Facebook page:

Feral Interactive

Yes it is coming to the Mac

Yes we, Feral, are publishing it.

We have no more news beyond what Eidos Montreal said at E3 for now

#9 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1438 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

ORLY!?
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#10 mindnoise

mindnoise

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Steam ID:Exploding-Bob

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:30 PM

View PostDiablofett, on 17 June 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

Feral people can be dangerous!

You mean Furry people.
hey, don´t worry - it´s only red pixels on your hands...

8 - iPhone SE, 16GB
7- iPad Pro 12.9", WiFi 128GB
6- MacMini 7,1: i5@2.6GHZ, 8GB, Intel Iris (5100)
5- iPad Air, 16Gb
4- MacBook Pro 8,1:  i5@2.3GHz, intel HD3000, 8GB RAM
3- iPad 2, 16GB
2- iPod Touch 4G, 8GB
1- MacBook 1,1, 1,83GHz, intel GMA950, 2GB RAM
-> The (nearly) ultimate intel HD 3000 gaming performance sheet <-

#11 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:36 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 12 June 2013 - 04:41 AM, said:

Yes, it seems to be a separate game. In how far Feral is involved or not isn't clear from this press release. Eidos/Square Enix and Feral seem to have a rather good business relationship, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Mac version is actually from Feral.

As MichalM.Mac said all we can say right now is:

Yes it is coming to the Mac
Yes we, Feral, are developing/publishing it.
We have no more news beyond what Eidos Montreal said at E3 for now

Cheers,

Edwin

#12 andodel

andodel

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Steam Name:Andodel
  • Steam ID:http://steamcommunity.com/id/andodel/

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

So is there any update on the release of this? It already came out on other systems, but I've heard nothing for the mac version. I only ask because the Ultimate Edition is on sale in MAS for only $10 and I'm very tempted to buy it, but I kind of want Directors Cut version for the alternate ways of defeating bosses (And other minor improvements).

#13 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

View Postandodel, on 24 November 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

So is there any update on the release of this? It already came out on other systems, but I've heard nothing for the mac version. I only ask because the Ultimate Edition is on sale in MAS for only $10 and I'm very tempted to buy it, but I kind of want Directors Cut version for the alternate ways of defeating bosses (And other minor improvements).

It's still being ported, I guess. It's coming to steam so I'd just get it there. It'll probably be cheap during the fall sale starting on Wednesday.

I imagine Feral will offer an IAP upgrade to the director's cut (like you can upgrade on steam). But they might not...

#14 mindnoise

mindnoise

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Steam ID:Exploding-Bob

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:51 PM

View Postandodel, on 24 November 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

If you did not buy it yet, I guess you decided to wait. Good, the DC really corrects all the things missed in the original Version. I rarely was so glad to have paid for a upgrade than with this (on Steam).
hey, don´t worry - it´s only red pixels on your hands...

8 - iPhone SE, 16GB
7- iPad Pro 12.9", WiFi 128GB
6- MacMini 7,1: i5@2.6GHZ, 8GB, Intel Iris (5100)
5- iPad Air, 16Gb
4- MacBook Pro 8,1:  i5@2.3GHz, intel HD3000, 8GB RAM
3- iPad 2, 16GB
2- iPod Touch 4G, 8GB
1- MacBook 1,1, 1,83GHz, intel GMA950, 2GB RAM
-> The (nearly) ultimate intel HD 3000 gaming performance sheet <-

#15 andodel

andodel

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Steam Name:Andodel
  • Steam ID:http://steamcommunity.com/id/andodel/

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

View Postmindnoise, on 02 December 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

If you did not buy it yet, I guess you decided to wait. Good, the DC really corrects all the things missed in the original Version. I rarely was so glad to have paid for a upgrade than with this (on Steam).
Not a big deal to me, it's a game that's been on my radar for some time now, but I got tons of other stuff to play now. That and my MAS account is all fudged up, since I don't know my security questions, and for some random reason it wants me to enter them.
Steam is better anyways, or for that matter maybe I can find a used Wiiu version.

#16 Ben

Ben

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

Going to do a bit of thread necromancy here. Has there been any update on the Director's Cut? This game is bubbling up to the top of my to play list, and I'd rather play the Director's Cut at this point...

#17 Djevlen

Djevlen

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

Nothing new to report am I afraid.
Mid-2011 27' iMac:  i5 3.1Ghz 16gb ram 6970m 1gb 1tb HDD
2010 17' MBP i7 2.66Ghz 8gb ram GT330m512 320gb HDD
iPhone 5 Black 64gb
iPad 4 Black 64gb Wifi

#18 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

It's bubbling up to the top of our release list :)

#19 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

Careful it doesn't boil over onto the stove... it might spill out and burn through the bulkhead and blow you all out into space. :)
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#20 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3813 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:50 AM

Port, port, port, port!
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter