#1 ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data

Positronic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

http://www.gamespot....g=Topslot;Slot1

Bethesda just announced a new Wolfenstein game for PC, 360, PS3, and next-gen consoles. Seeing that it'll be developed by MachineGames, another subsidiary of ZeniMax, and they haven't mentioned any direct involvement by id, I'm guessing a Mac native version isn't a development target. The game does seem to be running on id Tech 5 though since that's what ZeniMax said MachineGames will be working on when they acquired them, so you'd think Mac support wouldn't be too much additional effort.

http://www.gamasutra...h_5_Project.php

#2 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3813 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

Looks like it will be quite different than the other releases! No more castle climbing?
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#3 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17430 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

I tuned out because I had an old OS for years and wasn't paying attention.  After Return to Castle Wolfenstein had a sequel to it, I forget the name of it even, but it was the one before The New Order and after RtCW.  My question is, did it ever make it to the Mac?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#4 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

It was called Wolfenstein, and nope, but it works nicely in Crossover etc.

--Eric

#5 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17430 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:41 AM

Just plain Wolfenstein eh?  Those sneaky devils.  I've not had any luck with crossover or wineskin in running games, so, too bad for me.  The trailer looked pretty cool, nothing like a good old fashioned 1940's Nazi disintegration.  The way they used to be before business logos were superimposed and the EPA got involved.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#6 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6094 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

The EPA?

First they ruin jerry cans after a half century of shining awesomeness because California doesn't like cam-locks on the lids (WHY?!), now they won't let me disintegrate Nazis because it causes pollution. What are we coming to.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#7 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 17 May 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

I've not had any luck with crossover or wineskin in running games, so, too bad for me.

The Wolfenstein page on the Crossover site says it runs without needing any tweaks or anything.  (I don't have it myself, but if I see it on sale sometime I'll probably get it.)

--Eric

#8 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

View PostEric5h5, on 17 May 2013 - 02:12 PM, said:

The Wolfenstein page on the Crossover site says it runs without needing any tweaks or anything.  (I don't have it myself, but if I see it on sale sometime I'll probably get it.)
It's an idTech 4 (aka Doom 3 engine) game and those tend to run well in Wine/CrossOver.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"