Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6095 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

I imagine this sort of thing probably happens to tBC nightly, but I had a dream about all you guys for the first time ever last night, and boy was it a nightmare. I was particularly relieved to sign on this afternoon and find that Janichsan is the same old normal (well, relatively) dude I've always known because holy crap.

I can't remember everything in too much detail, but I do remember enough for a sequence of dream events:

First, I found out Tesseract was retiring from being a moderator and Janichsan was replacing him. I was like, Janichsan, okay, that sounds good, he's a good guy.

Then for some reason I was going out of town for a couple weeks, and I signed on in the middle of this from my MacBook Pro in some kind of hotel room. And I found out all hell had broken loose. No, no spammers running loose...

Turns out Janichsan had been faking us out the entire time and he was actually a 19 year-old Australian with a planet-sized ego. What's more, he had changed his name to "Jugger Bugger" and filled every single topic with a million junk replies, started about 10 topics of pictures of himself in swim trunks, and using some weird editor turned the first post of every topic into something having his personal reply to it within the OP, and then covered in a billion >'s all over it like a 1990s e-mail program that didn't know how to do multi-level quotes.

This had apparently been going on for days, Janichsan's Jugger Bugger's postcount had gone north of 10000 in less than a week, and nothing was being done about it.

I got on the messenger and went all GySgt Hartmann and was like "What the frak is happening to my beloved forums?!"

To which I got an explanation from tBC in the form of he's new, give him a chance, so on and so forth. I'm like yeah, I get that, but... the entire forum has been defaced! Please tell me FrigidMan's got a backup we can restore from!

Then the truth comes out. It turns out Tuncer started accepting donations for some reason on the MGS, and there was a joke donation level where if you donated some huge multi-thousand dollar sum, you could take Tesseract's vacant position. Jugger Bugger had apparently paid this, and now Tuncer had to follow through by law or something. Not only did he take Tesseract's place, but he had free reign over the forum from here on in and we just had to work around it.

I was staring at my screen in disbelief, and then Eric chimes in with one of his classic one-liners, "We've just become the world's first Pay 2 Win forum!"

Then I woke up.

Extremely glad to find the place exactly as I left it last night and Janichsan is still Janichsan, with no psychotic breaks.

Phew.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#2 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

What the hell...?! :blink:

He's onto me...

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#3 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3815 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

Time to take a week away from the forum.

*Moves his chair to another table*
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#4 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

Well, this has made a 19 21 year old Aussie's morning.

Thanks, Lib.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#5 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

We've just become the world's first Pay 2 Win forum!

--Eric

#6 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • 6095 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

Who changed Janichsan's title?

That popsnizzle made my blood run cold. :P
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#7 Jan

Jan

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Steam Name:Jan
  • Steam ID:janfeld

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:05 AM

Fantasy is a wonderful and weird place.
Feral Account: Jan

MacBook 12" with Retina Display (Early 2015)
Core M 1,2 GHz | 8 GB RAM | 512 GB Flash
Intel HD5300 1536 MB VRAM
macOS Sierra

Now playing: Mad Max, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ultra Street Fighter II, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

#8 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17434 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:50 AM

He's new, give him a chance.  You weren't that much better when you first started.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#9 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3302 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostFrost, on 08 April 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

Turns out Janichsan had been faking us out the entire time and he was actually a 19 year-old Australian with a planet-sized ego. What's more, he had changed his name to "Jugger Bugger" and filled every single topic with a million junk replies, started about 10 topics of pictures of himself in swim trunks, and using some weird editor turned the first post of every topic into something having his personal reply to it within the OP, and then covered in a billion >'s all over it like a 1990s e-mail program that didn't know how to do multi-level quotes.

This is how I'm picturing Janichsan:

Posted Image
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#10 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

View PostFrost, on 09 April 2013 - 01:52 AM, said:

Who changed Janichsan's title?

::points at tBC:: It was 'im wot done it, guv'nor.

--Eric

#11 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostSneaky Snake, on 09 April 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

This is how I'm picturing Janichsan:
Nah, not enough gold chains and the speedos aren't revealing enough. :shifty:

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#12 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3815 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

This place can actually be a living nightmare.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#13 Tibur

Tibur

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

So that's who sexy 'Nam radio/telephone operator was calling!  Not sure where giant crucifix/tiny speedo guy keeps his cell phone, but I'm sure I don't want to know.

#14 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17434 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

View PostEric5h5, on 09 April 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

::points at tBC:: It was 'im wot done it, guv'nor.

--Eric

Nuh unh.  

A small bit of trivia here, I asked Janichsan to be a moderator before I asked Frost to be one.  The ingrate REFUSED!  Jugger Bugger indeed.  
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#15 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

I've been hired asked to say by tBC a forum member who wishes to remain anonymous that that is not a picture of Janichsan. This is the most recent one that IMG has on file.

Posted Image

That should give you all nightmares for a good long time.

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#16 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • 6095 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

:rotfl:

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 09 April 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

A small bit of trivia here, I asked Janichsan to be a moderator before I asked Frost to be one.  The ingrate REFUSED!  Jugger Bugger indeed.  

Yeah, 'cause I bet he already knew about this Union Dues for Life or Sal Comes to Visit You in the Bathroom™ thing. This must be what it's like to get a law degree on student loans.

I found out that's why Lord Brixton disappeared, he missed a payment.

Eric5h5:

#17 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:28 AM

View PostFrost, on 09 April 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

Yeah, 'cause I bet he already knew about this Union Dues for Life or Sal Comes to Visit You in the Bathroom™ thing.
What? My offer wasn't that good! If this would have been the package I had been offered, I would have gladly accepted. But this whole "Sell your offspring to travelling carpet weavers and pay tBC his own weight in gold as tribute every month" thing wasn't that attractive.

#18 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17434 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:47 AM

Everybody gets offered a different employment package according to their wants and needs and ability to pay.  Cheapskate.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#19 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

So that's why you've been OK with my offering of two beans and a piece of fluff.

--Eric

#20 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17434 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

View PostEric5h5, on 10 April 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

So that's why you've been OK with my offering of two beans and a piece of fluff.

--Eric

By "ability to pay", I also mean the mental capacity to grasp the concept.  Now get back on your wall and gibber for the village folk.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat