184 replies to this topic

#61 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1425 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

DAG NABBIT! I wish they'd at least take my money already, there's no way I'm passing this up!
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#62 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:10 AM

Mac related entries for Bioshock Infinite are turning up in the Steam database. There's progress, folks!

EDIT: Since exactly 12 minutes ago at the time of writing (6.22 pm CEST), the game now is officially listed in the database as available for Mac.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#63 Jan

Jan

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Steam Name:Jan
  • Steam ID:janfeld
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

First purchase in the Summer Sale then. Woohoo!
Feral Account: Jan

MacBook 12" with Retina Display (Early 2015)
Core M 1,2 GHz | 8 GB RAM | 512 GB Flash
Intel HD5300 1536 MB VRAM
macOS Sierra

Now playing: Mad Max, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ultra Street Fighter II, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

#64 Atticus

Atticus

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

Just finished Infinite on my gaming PC and I have to say I was really disappointed with the game, especially after all the hype. The story was pretty convoluted and wasted a lot of great opportunities to push the boundary of video game topics. Maybe one day someone other than a math quant with a brain filled with C++ and quantum physics will write a game backstory. Ah, well. Back to Dishonored....
"I'm standing in the middle of life with my pants behind me."

#65 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8075 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 11 July 2013 - 04:10 AM, said:

EDIT: Since exactly 12 minutes ago at the time of writing (6.22 pm CEST), the game now is officially listed in the database as available for Mac.
Might only be a beta or something, since it's obviously not (yet?) publicly available, but I take it as a good sign for a SteamPlay release that the Windows and Mac versions share a single database entry.

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#66 Trautman

Trautman

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

I bought Bioshock Infinite for PC in Steam because it's a 50% discount. I'm

looking forward to coming Mac version.

#67 Trautman

Trautman

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

Bioshock Infinite is showing up in Steam list (library) for Mac. But It is not downloadable.

#68 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1425 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

Really? I think I'll go ahead and blindly purchase it. Thanks!

UPDATE: Purchased it, it is in the Mac library, the INSTALL button was clickable and very soon (read; almost immediately) after turned into PLAY. Clicking it, though, returns the error FAILED TO START GAME; MISSING EXECUTABLE. It also has a proper OS X icon, although I'd prefer just the BioShock Infinite shield rather than the shield hovering over the ocean in a square. No complaints, keep up the good work!

I want Aspyr to get my (post Steam cut) money so I'm not touching this at all while Bootcamped!
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#69 Jan

Jan

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:04 AM

Being the proud Mac gamer I am, I won't touch Bootcamp at all -- therefore Austin gets my money anyway. Bring it on, Aspyr! We need some serious fun in Columbia this weekend. :wiggle:

macOS Sierra

Now playing: Mad Max, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ultra Street Fighter II, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

#70 Jan

Jan

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostUmarOMC1, on 11 July 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

Really? I think I'll go ahead and blindly purchase it. Thanks!

UPDATE: Purchased it, it is in the Mac library, the INSTALL button was clickable and very soon (read; almost immediately) after turned into PLAY. Clicking it, though, returns the error FAILED TO START GAME; MISSING EXECUTABLE. It also has a proper OS X icon, although I'd prefer just the BioShock Infinite shield rather than the shield hovering over the ocean in a square. No complaints, keep up the good work!

I want Aspyr to get my (post Steam cut) money so I'm not touching this at all while Bootcamped!

I've just experienced the same. If I understand the Aspyr/Steam-agreement correctly, Aspyr now gets my Mac money because I have technically started the game during the first week after my purchase -- in OS X, even though the app files are missing. Am I right or completely wrong?

macOS Sierra

#71 BifBologna

BifBologna

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

I was thinking of pulling the trigger on Infinite during the sale as well. And, like the others, I'd like to make sure Aspyr gets my support (lunch money) this time. I am a bit concerned though that if I purchase before it's officially listed as SteamPlay and for the Mac on Steam, that it won't matter if I wait until the Mac version is released to play and Aspyr won't get credit for the sale.

#72 Aspyr-Blair

Aspyr-Blair

Aspyr

• Developer
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

Maaaaan.  You guys are awesome.  You have no idea what your support means to our team here in Austin.

Jan, we actually have no clue if starting the game while in this state will get us credit.  Its a very good question and one I will be posing in our next publishing meeting.

Bif, if you wait for the Mac version to get released, we will definitely get the sale, as Bioshock Infinite will certainly be Steam Play.

You guys snag this up during the sale for sure!  If you just can't wait and launch it on Windows before we get out the Mac version....well then that's on us isnt it.  We will just have to work harder to get the games out faster :)

#73 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1425 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

View PostJan, on 12 July 2013 - 04:04 AM, said:

Being the proud Mac gamer I am, I won't touch Bootcamp at all -- therefore Austin gets my money anyway. Bring it on, Aspyr! We need some serious fun in Columbia this weekend. :wiggle:
I wish it would release this weekend! I'll wait though...

#74 Amon CMB

Amon CMB

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

So how does the SteamPlay credit generally work for 3rd party ports?  You get a small cut of all game sales or just ones purchased on a Mac, or how about ones purchased on a PC but later launched on a Mac?

#75 Djevlen

Djevlen

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

I believe it depends on playing time for a small period of time after purchase.
Mid-2011 27' iMac:  i5 3.1Ghz 16gb ram 6970m 1gb 1tb HDD
2010 17' MBP i7 2.66Ghz 8gb ram GT330m512 320gb HDD
iPhone 5 Black 64gb
iPad 4 Black 64gb Wifi

#76 Aspyr-Blair

Aspyr-Blair

Aspyr

• Developer
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

View PostAmon CMB, on 15 July 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

So how does the SteamPlay credit generally work for 3rd party ports?  You get a small cut of all game sales or just ones purchased on a Mac, or how about ones purchased on a PC but later launched on a Mac?

We only get a cut of Mac version of the game.  The rule of thumb for Aspyr to get credit is to launch and play primarily on your Mac within 2 weeks of purchase, (even if you purchased from your PC or say the Android app).

#77 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8075 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:37 AM

Soooo... end of July. Where's that news we've been promised?

#78 Trautman

Trautman

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:13 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 31 July 2013 - 04:37 AM, said:

Soooo... end of July. Where's that news we've been promised?

Aspyr tweeted "Getting close--promise! Keep an eye out for info this Thursday."
http://twitter.com/A...295546280558592

#79 Aspyr-Blair

Aspyr-Blair

Aspyr

• Developer
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:20 PM

Yeah, we were planning on yesterday but got bumped (for some very good reasons).  Look for all the good news on Thursday :)

#80 Trautman

Trautman

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:11 AM

View PostAspyr-Blair, on 31 July 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

Yeah, we were planning on yesterday but got bumped (for some very good reasons).  Look for all the good news on Thursday :)

Wow! I can't wait!