Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

I fixed it :)

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#22 strangemax

strangemax

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

View PostFrigidman, on 06 March 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

Right, and EA failed to deliver. MGS never promised simultaneous release though, yet people are blaming MGS for 'not releasing the game I paid for!' ...

Well yes that is crazy.

#23 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3304 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

Have the server issues been cleared up yet?
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#24 Djevlen

Djevlen

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

As far as I know for the most part they have fixed their server issues, and hopefully Maxis will get their act together and release the Mac OS X version pretty soon.

Oh! and hopefully they'll patch the game so that you can play it offline.
Mid-2011 27' iMac:  i5 3.1Ghz 16gb ram 6970m 1gb 1tb HDD
2010 17' MBP i7 2.66Ghz 8gb ram GT330m512 320gb HDD
iPhone 5 Black 64gb
iPad 4 Black 64gb Wifi

#25 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

View PostDjevlen, on 28 March 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

Oh! and hopefully they'll patch the game so that you can play it offline.

Oh, how naive the new IMGers, huh? Makes me smile.

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#26 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2478 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

View PostDaveyJJ, on 28 March 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

Oh, how naive the new IMGers, huh? Makes me smile.

They are SO PRECIOUS! I just want to pinch their adorable widdle cheeks! "Don't ever change," we say to them fondly, but behind our words there is an unspoken sadness. All too soon they will be grown up, burnt out and cynical just like us...

(DJevlen: we kid because we love! To address your statement more seriously: we'd be thrilled of course, but historically it's rare for a publisher to back away from DRM of a shipped title, particularly for games like SimCity or Diablo 3 where the publisher made such a public investment in trying to convince everyone that the game is fundamentally a multiplayer experience.)
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#27 Djevlen

Djevlen

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

I'm aware that publishers rarely back away from DRM of a shipped title, but Maxis/EA have clearly stated that the "must-be-online"-feature is not a DRM, and since they say so I treat it like a feature they could easily remove from the game. Had they just come clean and said that it's a type of DRM I wouldn't be so opposed to it.

All though its quite clear that its just a badly hidden from of DRM, but I won't accept it as a form of DRM until they say it is.
iPhone 5 Black 64gb
iPad 4 Black 64gb Wifi

#28 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2478 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostDjevlen, on 29 March 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

Maxis/EA have clearly stated that the "must-be-online"-feature is not a DRM, and since they say so I treat it like a feature they could easily remove from the game.

Maxis's point is the opposite: they are saying it's not DRM because its a design feature that can't be easily removed. Now, that may or may not be true (we've had many spirited arguments regarding the whether Diablo 3's online play is as fundamental as Blizzard insists). But my point is that Maxis has invested heavily in trying to convince people that the online requirement isn't tacked on like a DRM, and therefore Maxis is even less likely to remove it.

If they had said it was DRM and had no other purpose, then I'd be slightly more optimistic. We have on rare occasions seen publishers remove DRM once a game has been out for a while.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#29 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 29 March 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

Maxis's point is the opposite: they are saying it's not DRM because its a design feature that can't be easily removed. Now, that may or may not be true...
Apparently, it's not true. Well, "not true" might be an understatement. It's more like a big, fat, stinking lie.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#30 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

I LOVE HAVING TO BE ONLINE TO PLAY A SOLO GAME! YES I DO!

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#31 Djevlen

Djevlen

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 29 March 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

Maxis's point is the opposite: they are saying it's not DRM because its a design feature that can't be easily removed. Now, that may or may not be true (we've had many spirited arguments regarding the whether Diablo 3's online play is as fundamental as Blizzard insists). But my point is that Maxis has invested heavily in trying to convince people that the online requirement isn't tacked on like a DRM, and therefore Maxis is even less likely to remove it.

If they had said it was DRM and had no other purpose, then I'd be slightly more optimistic. We have on rare occasions seen publishers remove DRM once a game has been out for a while.

First they said that it wasn't possible to remove the feature without breaking the whole game, but as Janichsan's link shows that is just a fat lie.

I don't think its even realistic to hope for a DRM-free SimCity, it was just little me dreaming about the perfect SimCity release for our beloved gaming platform.

And, if they absolutely want to have DRM I am sure that someone here could come up with an idea that is a million times better than their idea.
iPhone 5 Black 64gb
iPad 4 Black 64gb Wifi

#32 ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data

Positronic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

http://finance.yahoo...-141000660.html

SimCity Mac is due June 11 and it's going to be native with them writing an OpenGL renderer for their engine and not Cider. Cross-platform multiplayer is maintained along with unified saves and achievements. It'll be free for existing PC owners. Hopefully more future EA games are like this as well, albeit without the constant internet connection requirement of course.

#33 Jan

Jan

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Steam Name:Jan
  • Steam ID:janfeld

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

Besides 'Origin' and DRM -- Sim City coming in a native, hopefully fully-optimized OS X version is great news.

If EA/DICE manage to bring the Frostbite engine to Open GL with great performance, the future looks bright
for native Mac versions of Battlefield 4, Dragon Age III and Mass Effect 4.
Feral Account: Jan

MacBook 12" with Retina Display (Early 2015)
Core M 1,2 GHz | 8 GB RAM | 512 GB Flash
Intel HD5300 1536 MB VRAM
macOS Sierra

Now playing: Mad Max, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ultra Street Fighter II, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

#34 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1373 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

A fully-optimized turd is still a turd.

#35 Mens

Mens

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

Well....From what i heard the mac version will be coming out in July 11 and i think that they have fixed the online issue

#36 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:56 AM

View PostMens, on 02 June 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

Well....From what i heard the mac version will be coming out in July 11 and i think that they have fixed the online issue
I think you meant "August".

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#37 Tetsuya

Tetsuya

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2178 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

And i wouldn't call the online issues "cleared up" - since it has been proven the game can run 100% without a connection, and the "online" "features" really amount to crippling the game so they can force DRM on you.  (love those tiny city sizes, LOVE THEM).

#38 MGregory666

MGregory666

Fanatic

• IMG Writers
  • 72 posts
  • Steam Name:MGregory666

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

Gutted it got put back especially on E3 week. Puts a downer on the week before it starts.

#39 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1373 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

I have a feeling E3 is going to be massively disappointing this year. The only things that sound interesting to me are the new Walking Dead and Watch dogs, and the less I know about the former going into it, the better it will be.

But, that's why WWDC is tomorrow!

#40 bismilah

bismilah

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

Sorry to be slightly off-topic by not talking about the DRM :P , but a Mac native game and not Cider is great news. I was hesitating of buying it if it was Cider wrapped. Now I'm sure I'll get it.