Fortress Italy: Gustav Line depicts the desperate battle for the Italian mainland, revolving around Salerno, Anzio, and Monte Cassino, and culminating in the capture of Rome on June 4, 1944. The Commonwealth side of Operation Husky in Sicily is also depicted.
- The Fallschirmjäger make their long-anticipated jump into Fortress Italy: Gustav Line! Command this elite airborne force starting on the Plain of Catania in Sicily, to the blasted heights of Monte Cassino, and beyond.
- Fortress Italy: Gustav Line also introduces the combat formations of the United Kingdom, Canada, Poland, and New Zealand to the Italian Front, painstakingly researched to be as true as possible to the Italian Theater.
- Antiaircraft weapons are finally here! Gustav Line introduces German Flak and Allied Bofors, as well as self-propelled AA guns mounted in halftracks.
- The Gustav Line module depicts July 9, 1943 to June 4, 1944. That's almost a year of combat through all four seasons! Snowy weather is here, as well as dynamic spring, summer, autumn, and winter terrain changes based on the date.
- In keeping with historical change, formations in Fortress Italy: Gustav Line will change their internal organization over time as the various militaries applied their combat experience to the structure of their combat formations.
Check out the links below to learn more.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News