What games are people playing these days!?

• Please log in to reply
1587 replies to this topic

#21 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

View PostCougar, on 21 February 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

Just finished Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (yes, I've been beta testing it :P )

Did you happen to play the iPad version? Wondering if I should grab it instead, to save $10.
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#22 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

View Postdojoboy, on 21 February 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

Did you happen to play the iPad version? Wondering if I should grab it instead, to save $10.

No, and I haven't played the extra content yet so I can't say if it's worth it.

That said, I would probably go with the Mac version. From what I've heard it works decently enough on the iPad but at the end of the day the game just wasn't designed for it. Also, mods.

#23 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2452 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:20 AM

View PostCougar, on 21 February 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

Speaking of Bioshock 2, I really wish Feral could have gotten the rights to Minerva's Den. It looks amazing, but I'm reluctant to rebuy it on PC just to buy the DLC. Maybe a steam sale...

If if came to a choice, I'd rather they concentrate efforts on Bioshock 3. :-) I wonder if that'll be out this year? (..googles it..) Wha? It went gold 3 days ago?? Can't believe I missed that.
(OTOH yet another game is the last thing I need right now.)
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#24 XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2324 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

Mac: Civ IV Warlords
PS3: Bioshock

Yeah, I'm a little bit behind the times. :lol:

#25 mindnoise

mindnoise

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Steam ID:Exploding-Bob

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

PC: Sleeping Dogs, Dead Space 1, System Shock 2,
Mac: The Real Texas. Amnesia (still haven´t finished it, too scared)
hey, don´t worry - it´s only red pixels on your hands...

8 - iPhone SE, 16GB
7- iPad Pro 12.9", WiFi 128GB
6- MacMini 7,1: i5@2.6GHZ, 8GB, Intel Iris (5100)
5- iPad Air, 16Gb
4- MacBook Pro 8,1:  i5@2.3GHz, intel HD3000, 8GB RAM
3- iPad 2, 16GB
2- iPod Touch 4G, 8GB
1- MacBook 1,1, 1,83GHz, intel GMA950, 2GB RAM
-> The (nearly) ultimate intel HD 3000 gaming performance sheet <-

#26 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

Half-Life, LotRO, New Super Mario Bros. U, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations.

#27 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 22 February 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

If if came to a choice, I'd rather they concentrate efforts on Bioshock 3. :-) I wonder if that'll be out this year? (..googles it..) Wha? It went gold 3 days ago?? Can't believe I missed that.
(OTOH yet another game is the last thing I need right now.)

I can't seem to get excited over that game, I just don't see how it can possibly live up to everything they are promising. The "1999" mode has me cautiously optimistic though.

#28 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostCougar, on 22 February 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

I can't seem to get excited over that game, I just don't see how it can possibly live up to everything they are promising. The "1999" mode has me cautiously optimistic though.

I cant get excited over it because of the troubles the first two had with audio. I just know they are gonna use the same craptastic FMOD engine, so I just cant really 'care' about BS3.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#29 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

F1 2012 - about half way through my second season in career mode but only on 25% race length at the moment just because of time.

Boarderlands 2 and still finishing the DLC from BL1

Half Life 1

then back to Batman Arkham City which I started but then F1 2012 arrived :)
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, R9 280X 3GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.12.6

#30 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Finally grabbed a copy of the out-of-print 1960: The Making of the President, lots of Troyes and Combat Commander, and newly on the table is the beautifully designed CO2.

Oh, computer games ... not board games? Um ... CM: Fortress Italy and Wargame: European Escalation. And on the Bootcamp side, World of Tanks.

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#31 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3297 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

CS:GO, League of Legends, DotA 2, Dishonored, Faster then Light
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#32 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6074 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

View PostDaveyJJ, on 22 February 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

Finally grabbed a copy of the out-of-print 1960: The Making of the President, lots of Troyes and Combat Commander, and newly on the table is the beautifully designed CO2.

Oh, computer games ... not board games? Um ... CM: Fortress Italy and Wargame: European Escalation. And on the Bootcamp side, World of Tanks.
Seeing as you appear to be a board game fanatic... ever played that Battlestar Galactica board game? I've always heard it was highly in-depth and extremely fun, especially for a game based off a TV/film license.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#33 badger2d

badger2d

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

Dota 2 and Darksiders (both PC), and Magic 2013 (iPad). Probably will be playing Starcraft 2 expansion soon, it hits in a couple of weeks.

#34 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

View PostFrigidman, on 22 February 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

I cant get excited over it because of the troubles the first two had with audio. I just know they are gonna use the same craptastic FMOD engine, so I just cant really 'care' about BS3.

I never had any problems, either in the Windows version of BS1 or Mac version of BS3. Then again, my "sound system" consists of one of those sound bar things on my Dell monitor...

View PostFrost, on 23 February 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

Seeing as you appear to be a board game fanatic... ever played that Battlestar Galactica board game? I've always heard it was highly in-depth and extremely fun, especially for a game based off a TV/film license.

I have heard good things about that as well as the StarCraft board game, believe it or not. Lately I've been playing Dominant Species and enjoying it immensely.

#35 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • 3895 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:36 AM

View PostFrost, on 23 February 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

I personally haven't, no, but with more than 13,000 voted ratings on Boardgamegeek and a strong overall rating of 7.86/10, it definitely is a good game. I've seen it played in one of my gamig groups but not played it. http://boardgamegeek...estar-galactica

Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#36 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6074 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

Awesome... I'm sticking that on my Amazon wishlist. Barely anybody will ever play board games with me anymore, but you never know.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#37 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • 3895 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

Awesome. Vassal is also your friend for online board gaming. In the departure lounge at CYYZ as I type enroute to the Bahamas. Three cats and my 280 pound ex-linebacker cousin-in-law guarding house and feeding the babies, so no keg party is time!

Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

#38 XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2324 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

Finally beat Bioshock. Sony was nice enough to give me Bioshock 2 free on PSN, so I guess that will be up next. :-)

#39 MGregory666

MGregory666

Fanatic

• IMG Writers
  • 72 posts
  • Steam Name:MGregory666

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

Borderlands 2 (Mac)
FarCry 3 (Bootcamp)
Bioshock (Bootcamp)
AC3 (Bootcamp)

#40 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

Got sidetracked into Dead Space. Oddly, this game runs so sickeningly fluid on my PC now, that I can actually play it again and enjoy it. Makes me actually think about picking up Dead Space 2.

Spent 4 hours trying to get Dark Messiah to run fluid for more than 10 seconds before it goes to fps stutter hell. Game is a piece of crap. But I managed to hackjob it to running somewhat playable. Crazy part was, if I reduced any settings from maximum, the game got WORSE jitter haha! Anyhow, so I'm trying to trudge through that game for one final time before I jamb that SecurROM DVD crap in the closet forever.

Then also picked up that full Deus Ex combo pack for $5 (all 4 games), so those will be up next... unless I'm side tracked again, like by Borderlands, or X2/X3... heh. Too many games to get too!

Oh, and I re-installed Prey to give another run-through rofl. Maybe I should stop replaying fun games, and try new stuff :P

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester