What games are people playing these days!?

• Please log in to reply
1587 replies to this topic

#1581 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6075 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:03 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 24 August 2017 - 12:00 AM, said:

I am hopeful and expecting that unlike Destiny or The Division, Titanfall 2 actually has a real, solid, enjoyable single player experience that preps you at least somewhat for the ensuing online carnage. That is what I feel the competition I have looked at sorely lacks. I felt this way about Star Wars Battlefront also. Basically, I thought the game sucked myself. I thought it was half-assed.

Not sure if you're playing Titanfall 2 on PC or console, but while the SP campaign I LOVED and it will definitely get you well-versed in the mechanics before you ever touch multiplayer... console players are kind of pushovers, but if you're on PC where the mouse and keyboard unlock the full insanity that is a Titanfall character's capabilities, pepper your angus before diving into MP. There are a lot of me's in the Titanfall PC userbase, to the point sometimes they even out-me me. If you manage to get ahold of the speed and parkour though, oh my, Titanfall's movement feels like you've lived in chains all your life and have just been freed.

Luckily they also added a fun as hell Frontier Defense coop mode as well in which you can get a lot more practice as well as just play for its own sake as it's a lot of fun. That was one of the fanbase's favorite modes in Titanfall 1, and they finally got around to adding it to Titanfall 2.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#1582 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1513 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:03 PM

View PostFrost, on 20 September 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

Not sure if you're playing Titanfall 2 on PC or console....

Yeah, it's all about console for me for the foreseeable future. I've been distracted from gaming lately by a bunch of stuff going on in my personal life and then come night time I am too tired to really do anything. That is pretty sad, isn't it? I am too tired to lay down on a couch, propped up with pillows with a controller in my hands resting on my lap and pretend I am Batman. It's just too hard. I get tired thinking about it. Some superhero I am.

Anyway, that stuff about Titanfall 2 makes me want to play it soon when I have some time and energy for it. I'll fit right in with the console pushovers. :)
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#1583 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6075 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:51 PM

I've also been replaying Strider (2014). Originally played it on the PS4 when it was initially released, now playing the Steam version. Higher res + insane framerate FTW. Still just as fun as it was in 2014! GREAT remake of the classic from the Sega Genesis.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#1584 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3780 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:24 AM

Hooked on Divine Divinity now, and I am almost through act one (Of five). I've learned where the games rough edges are, how to deal with combat in general, found the quick save button combo, so life is good! The story so far is interesting, and the game actually has a lot of those things you'd expect for a modern one - Crafting, classes that aren't locked into specific skill trees, somewhat non-linear gameplay. And this is without hand holding, so its awesome. You can run into encounters where you learn the hard way that the only solution is to load the game again, and then just don't go back there for several levels. And a lot of things you have to discover yourself, such as through reading books in the game on how to craft.

I like it a lot actually. It feels like the bastard child of Diablo II and Baldur's Gate.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#1585 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:54 AM

Sounds like you just described Skyrim and Fallout.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#1586 ipickert55

ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Steam Name:Ian
  • Steam ID:ipickert55

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:30 PM

Speaking of Divinity, has anyone played Original Sin solo? Or is it necessary to do Co-Op?
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

GOG: ipickert55 Add me!

Zeus - Intel Core i7-5820K 3.30 Ghz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 RAM

Poseidon - Retina MacBook Pro Mid 2014, macOS Seirra 10.12.x, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

#1587 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3780 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:31 AM

View Postipickert55, on 25 September 2017 - 06:30 PM, said:

Speaking of Divinity, has anyone played Original Sin solo? Or is it necessary to do Co-Op?
I beat it solo before it became released as the Enhanced Edition. It is definitely soloable, as you got your two heroes and 2 NPCs along all the time. If you play it Co-op, you just play one hero each, with 2 NPCs.

An amazing game, so go play it. It is one of the best looking games out there IMHO due to the art style, and the gameplay is freaking awesome.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#1588 ipickert55

ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Steam Name:Ian
  • Steam ID:ipickert55

Posted 26 September 2017 - 02:23 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 26 September 2017 - 01:31 AM, said:

I beat it solo before it became released as the Enhanced Edition. It is definitely soloable, as you got your two heroes and 2 NPCs along all the time. If you play it Co-op, you just play one hero each, with 2 NPCs.

An amazing game, so go play it. It is one of the best looking games out there IMHO due to the art style, and the gameplay is freaking awesome.
Will do, thanks for the info :)
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

GOG: ipickert55 Add me!

Zeus - Intel Core i7-5820K 3.30 Ghz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 RAM

Poseidon - Retina MacBook Pro Mid 2014, macOS Seirra 10.12.x, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB