What games are people playing these days!?

• Please log in to reply
1593 replies to this topic

#1021 MichalM.Mac

MichalM.Mac

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Steam Name:michalmmac
  • Steam ID:michalmmac

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:35 PM

iOS version? Seriously? :huh:

#1022 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17377 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:22 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 26 August 2015 - 08:40 AM, said:

I know, I know. But I also have to teach her to focus on her back log, and I was playing The Witcher when she was born! It is quite evident from this forum, that back logs wasn't a problem when our parents were raising us, so we never learned about it. But now that I finished that game, I can teach her how to game properly!

You are no longer a disgrace to fatherhood.  Well maybe to YOUR father but that's not in the complaint.  You may go citizen.  Judge Cat rules you innocent of the charges.  Good thing I don't have to shoot the dope who turned you in.

View Postmacdude22, on 26 August 2015 - 08:46 AM, said:

I always threw a blanked in a laundry basket on my desk and then the baby in that. Then I could just pat them when they fussed. Only good until they start standing but I took what I could get.

Duct tape my friend, duct tape.  While their skin is still tender you can duct tape their clothes to things.  After a few good beatings in the natural course of things they toughen up enough to apply the tape directly to their skin.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#1023 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3783 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:12 AM

View PostMichalM.Mac, on 26 August 2015 - 02:35 PM, said:

iOS version? Seriously? :huh:
I couldn't find a non-iOS one on Google Images without it being cropped weirdly.. :(

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 26 August 2015 - 04:22 PM, said:

You are no longer a disgrace to fatherhood.  Well maybe to YOUR father but that's not in the complaint.  You may go citizen.  Judge Cat rules you innocent of the charges.  Good thing I don't have to shoot the dope who turned you in.
My father bought Marathon for me when it came out, so he did as he was supposed to. I am not *that* old after all!
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#1024 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:08 PM

Little girls can be surprisingly vicious. I was so surprised at my daughter's giggles and glee as she murdered left and right, sucking blood I think it was playing one of the Legacy of Kain games on PS2. Around that same time, she tried Quake III Arena one time and in short order rose into the middle of the leaderboard laughing all the way at the carnage. I didn't think she had it in her. She's a school teacher now and I have a feeling she takes no prisoners when kids misbehave.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#1025 aryianna

aryianna

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 05:48 PM

Avalon: The Legend Lives, it's a text based RPG game.
(Kylan and Xanthe on Avalon, www.avalon-rpg.com, since 1996)

#1026 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 31 August 2015 - 01:46 PM

Been doing a bit of GRID 2 finally. Been using my xbox gamepad, which seems to do ok, but I wish it had a bit more analog stick movement for them better controlled turns.

I've been beating a lot of my friend's times though so I think I'm doing something right.

MichalM.Mac is the hardest though, usually a few milliseconds before me, and I find it tough to shave those.

The game is super intense, cause it runs full 144 FPS on my monitor and its fricken insane!

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#1027 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 31 August 2015 - 01:48 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 31 August 2015 - 01:46 PM, said:

Been doing a bit of GRID 2 finally. Been using my xbox gamepad, which seems to do ok, but I wish it had a bit more analog stick movement for them better controlled turns.

http://www.kontrolfr...eed-freek.html/
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#1028 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:13 PM

The only thing I dont like about GRID 2, is all the damn "loading" that goes on haha. I may have to switch this game to my SSD (first game I actually may need too cause of excessive between-anything-loading).

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#1029 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:20 PM

View Postmacdude22, on 31 August 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

Interesting idea. I wonder how well they stay attached, it'd be a crashing disaster if it popped off during a turn! hahahaha. I may need a new xbox controller though, cause the right analog stick 'drifts right' unless i bump it left enough to stop. This doesnt affect GRID 2 at all, but it did affect playing STYX and Thief and Asscracks games... driving me nuts a bit in those. Sidetrack. Woops.

-Fm [1oM7]

#1030 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:29 PM

Oh, and I'm loving the Volkswagon ... excellent drift to grip ratio with enough power to do what I need to reach 1st!

-Fm [1oM7]

#1031 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:49 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 31 August 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

Interesting idea. I wonder how well they stay attached, it'd be a crashing disaster if it popped off during a turn! hahahaha. I may need a new xbox controller though, cause the right analog stick 'drifts right' unless i bump it left enough to stop. This doesnt affect GRID 2 at all, but it did affect playing STYX and Thief and Asscracks games... driving me nuts a bit in those. Sidetrack. Woops.

I have never had any issue with either the speed freek nor the regular FPS freaks coming detached. I used the speed freek on the left stick a lot when used to play forza. All my  360 controllers have FPS freeks attached. I find it difficult to play on a standard 360 controller after becoming accustomed to the extra play with the freeks.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#1032 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:49 PM

I might pick one up. Wonder if the local GameStomp has em.

-Fm [1oM7]

#1033 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:26 PM

Finished Max Payne 3 last night. It was a good ride. I don't know if they ever will but I'd like to see another Max Payne game in the future. This one was a departure from the previous titles in some significant ways as it was very heavy on cut scenes with a lot of spoken dialog and the addition of a cover shooting mechanic that I think some people were not too fond of if I recall correctly. I liked it myself. Bullet-time and shoot dodge were as fun as ever. Given it is a few years old now I don't know well the visuals compare to the newest titles but I thought it looked great. Max himself was awesome per usual and the voice acting was excellent. Personally, I enjoyed the action movie feel of it with the cutscenes but I can see how that might not appeal to everyone.

For a Cider port it ran very well for the most part at 1440p and high settings. The frame rate was consistently around 60 even when a lot was going on in fire fights with explosions, bullet trails everywhere, lots of enemies on the move, etc. It did stutter on occasion when turning rapidly but it was rare enough to not be bothersome.

The action sequences were classic Max Payne gameplay and I'd highly recommend this to fans of the previous two games with the caution that if you are put off by a lot of cut scenes you may not be happy there. However, you can skip either most or possibly all of them. I didn't pay attention to that carefully as I liked them mostly. The story was okay, nothing exceptional but good enough to lend purpose to all the carnage, etc. with a satisfying end to it all. By the end I'd had enough though and was ready to move on.

I did experience two crashes I was able to alt tab away from and then force quit the game. In both cases, I took a screen shot when it happened so I am thinking it may have been an interaction involving the Steam overlay but who knows. While not ideal that was not too bad for over 20 hours playtime I enjoyed.

The game is big. I think the install was around 32 gigs. Unfortunately, it features the built in Rockstar Social Club login but I didn't have any trouble with it myself. A lot of people who don't manage login info and passwords well have had problems there. In my opinion, it offered nothing of value whatsoever to this game at least.

Now, I can return to Dragon Age Origins. I am in the mood for some RPG goodness after so much shooting action.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#1034 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 07:32 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 31 August 2015 - 04:49 PM, said:

I might pick one up. Wonder if the local GameStomp has em.

Posted Image

#1035 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:15 AM

I'm almost through with the (main) campaign of Shadow of Mordor, and – to be honest – I'm not really sure if I like the game or not. I have some kind of a hate-love relationship with it.

I already found the way they designed the game somewhat disappointing: most of the elements were taken virtually unchanged from other games. The combat, most enemy types, and large parts of the upgrade system are identical copies from the Batman Arkham series. The traversing and pah-koo-ring comes (as far as I can tell) directly from Assassin's Creed. The collectible system is the same as in The Incredible Misadventures of a Teenage Pick-Axe Psycho Killer (aka Tomb Raider 2013). The survival and hunting challenges were taken straight from Red Dead Redemption. And other things like the "Last Chance" mini-game also feel strangely familiar. The only really original – but also really excellent – gameplay element is the Nemesis system with the Uruk captains and warchiefs, that gives the game an unexpected strategic component.

In addition, there are so many aggravating things in the game. The slave rescue missions got old and repetitive after the first half a dozen. (There are 24 of them…) It's infuriating when you can't control the main character properly because the game suddenly decides you want to jump up this wall and not that one, or finish off the orc that is 10 meters away instead of the one directly in front of you, or simply because your protagonist stands dumbfounded for what feels an eternity after tripping over a pebble while a dozen Uruks swarm him from every direction.

When I said the developers ripped off TR 2013's collectible system, they unfortunately also decided to implement the dumb idea that you can select the collectibles on the map, and then only have to follow the HUD symbol, that shows you precisely where to find the item. With that, what might have been a possibly satisfying challenge (if you are so inclined) is reduced to a menial task that a five-year old would find too easy. (At least it's some easy to get achievements…)

The balancing of the game is terrible. It can be frustatingly difficult at the beginning, when for instance three or four at that time unbeatable Uruk captains decide to saunter into the current quest area, and turn what was originally an easy mission into an inescapable death trap. And it's too easy towards the end, when within 20 seconds you can build up a sizeable army of brainwashed Uruks that does most of the dirty work for you, and when you can kill even the largest and most dangerous monster in the game with literally two button presses.

The plot is thin and rather incoherent, but well presented with excellent voice-acting. The graphics also cannot be the game's saving grace since I have to play on the lowest settings, which look like arse.

And yet, the gameplay elements that work for me (the combat and the Nemesis system), come together well enough to keep me sufficiently captivated to continue playing, even when I'm screaming in fury at the game.

Sometimes I wonder if I haven't some hidden masochistic tendency… :glare:

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#1036 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:57 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 01 September 2015 - 03:15 AM, said:

I'm almost through with the (main) campaign of Shadow of Mordor, and – to be honest – I'm not really sure if I like the game or not. I have some kind of a hate-love relationship with it.

...  even when I'm screaming in fury at the game.

Sometimes I wonder if I haven't some hidden masochistic tendency… :glare:

Good review of it. I've had that same feeling in various games, that for some unknown reason, pull me in to continue onward, but man, it really ticks me off at almost every turn.

With either insane random difficult portions (I'm looking at you batmans, and styx), or just bad character mechanics which get you killed because it decided to do THIS when you clearly wanted to do THAT (I'm looking at ALL of you, assassins creed). But the games have enough of something that just keeps me going to get to the end, and in some cases even actually try for that 100% completion rating.

Its sad to hear they did the 'waypoint minimap BS' in that game. I find that games without it, you tend to actually pay attention to whats in front of you and the area, learning the turns and layout... where a minimap, I'm so focuses on the minimap I actually have no clue WHERE I am when if suddenly that map disappears. Sort of like when I'm driving with my GPS and it suddenly goes, "I'm out of power" *cough*.

-Fm [1oM7]

#1037 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17377 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:52 PM

Careful of the waypoint while driving Fm.  Always remember that just because your waypoint goes straight through a building, that is not necessarily the route you take to get to it.  Also it can fool you into driving off the map resulting in death, respawning, new items in your inventory not being saved, and starting the trip over again from home.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#1038 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6075 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:35 PM

I hate accidentally driving off the map. Totally screws up my real life PvE KD stats.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#1039 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3783 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 05 September 2015 - 01:14 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 11 April 2015 - 11:28 AM, said:

Divine Divinity: Original Sin.

That game is seriously good. Shot straight into my all time top-10, and contesting for the top-3 I think. It is really that good, and if you guys like RPGs, then it is a must play. The game has its fair share of bugs, but they should be dealt with over time, and none of them is game breaking so far.
And now I am done with it (Yes, I got side tracked towards the end!). Quite an amazing RPG, 5/5 and highly recommended. You may want to wait until the Enhanced Edition is released  late 2015, but in any case, if you like complex, beautiful and tactical RPGs with loads of spells that interact with the environment and each other, set in an amazing fantasy world, then go play it. You won't regret it!
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#1040 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 01:37 PM

I'm getting a bit frustrated with GRID 2... it went from a really fun game to wtfbbq in season 3, and now in 4. Its like, its ignoring the difficulty setting and just putting it on omghardest mode. The NPC cars are also so cheating its crazy... they just tap me (in any vehicle) and i go flying into the rails or flip, and slide off the track. Yet, when I deliberatly ram their rear wheel, they don't even budge an inch and go screaming through rapid switch backs like butter... totally cheatz.

I tried setting the difficult down to 'easiest wimp wimp' mode, and its still fricken insane! I dont understand. What happend to the really fun game I was playing? Someone hacked my settings!!! LOL.

-Fm [1oM7]