4 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8322 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

Games By Design recently revealed that A Valley Without Wind 2 is now available. The sequel combines elements of old school platform adventures with turn based strategy. Those who purchased A Valley Without Wind will receive AVWW 2 for free, just as purchasers of AVWW 2 will also receive the original game for free.

Valley 2 combines an old school platform adventure with a robust turn-based strategy portion. Though the game is a sequel to our 2012 release A Valley Without Wind, it's more of a spiritual successor. We took everything that we learned while making the first game (plus many new ideas) and focused it all into a new, tightened experience -- giving the graphics an update to boot.

For a variety of reasons, we've also chosen to give Valley 2 to all those who purchased the first game for free, and those purchasing Valley 2 will also get a copy of the original. The titles are, and will remain, bundled together on Steam and elsewhere.

The official Valley 2 launch trailer, featuring the game's standout track "Stand and Fight" by composer Pablo Vega, is out now as well. For more info and discussion on the A Valley Without Wind 2, we encourage new players and other interested parties to stop by the game's bustling forums.

Check out the new trailer, and learn more about the game at the links below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3003 posts
  • Steam ID:ThainEshKelch

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

I assume their sales must have been lackluster, since they give it away for free, for those who own the first one.
"They're everywhere!"

And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m.

#3 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

Yeah it didn't get good reviews, and was just plain weird. Interesting idea and some mechanics, but overall too wonky for my liking.
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#4 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3003 posts
  • Steam ID:ThainEshKelch

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

I skipped it totally due to the fugly look it had. And the fact they totally changed their vision halfway - Thats never a positive thing.
"They're everywhere!"

And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m.

#5 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

Watching a trailer for #2 it actually looks pretty decent. May give it a go sometime.
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive