8 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8481 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:42 AM

Spicy Horse Games has announced that Akaneiro: Demon Hunters is now available for play via SpicyWorld and Kongregate for Mac and Windows PCs. The game's Kickstarter campaign has also concluded successfully with a final tally of $204,680. Drawing on the Red Riding Hood fairy tale, as well as Japanese culture and history, the action RPG puts players in the role of an elite demon hunter battling the forces of evil.

About the game:

Based on the Little Red Riding Hood story combined with Japanese folklore and myth, and illustrated in Spicy Horse's unique dark fantasy style, "Akaneiro: Demon Hunters" is an action-RPG that lets players hunt legendary monsters in Edo-era Japan.

Akaneiro launches with 20 maps of content with more options on the way, including Steam integration. If the now-running Kickstarter is fully funded, Linux and mobile versions and additional systems including co-op gameplay and equipment crafting will be arriving in the near-future. To check out the Kickstarter plans and reward tiers, please visit: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spicyhorse/akaneiro-demon-hunters

The game is free to download and play, with a $20 "unlock all maps" one time purchase option for those who'd like to get all the content in one shot as well as various options purchasable with the in-game currency, karma, for those planning to buy things piecemeal.

Kickstarter Success:

From myself, Ophelea, the entire team at Spicy Horse and Lulu (DOG), Thank You! Your support in helping us spread the word and fund this campaign over the past 30 days has been absolutely fantastic.

So, what's next?

First we wait on Kickstarter to do their end of campaign "house cleaning," which can take a few days or more. Then we'll get working on delivering campaign rewards - starting with virtual items like Karma. The development team will begin work on their planning and we'll post info about delivery dates ASAP. Lots of questions about Ouya, so we'll start figuring out what we can do to support that demand. Physical items will start to get shipped around, signed and sent out. And we'll keep you updated throughout.

For those of you who missed out on this campaign or are still chasing one last Alice poster, our PayPal site will remain up for another two weeks. You can purchase in-game pets, Alice rewards or full tiers if you like. Pets are there as add-ons and the site supports purchasing items in quantity (since many of you were asking for that).

Expect more updates as development continues. Got a question or suggestion? You can always find me and the team via email ( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need Javascript enabled to view it ), our forums, or in our live game room chat on SpicyWorld.

I'm really looking forward growing this connection we've established with you all.

Check out the links below to learn more about the game and the Kickstarter campaign.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Trautman

Trautman

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

Akaneiro for Mac doesn't run my iMac mid 2011 (OS X 10.8.2).

#3 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:00 AM

Looks like an interesting game, will have to try it out sometime.
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#4 Trautman

Trautman

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

I heard that Akaneiro.app's permission was broken.

#5 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1743 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

True, like many before them they've just bundled together the Mac version into a rar archive that doesn't actually preserve permissions.

If you download and extract it to the default location this will work in Terminal:
cd Downloads/mac/
chmod -R 777 Akaneiro.app/

#6 Trautman

Trautman

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:04 AM

View PostHansi, on 02 February 2013 - 05:20 AM, said:

True, like many before them they've just bundled together the Mac version into a rar archive that doesn't actually preserve permissions.

If you download and extract it to the default location this will work in Terminal:
cd Downloads/mac/
chmod -R 777 Akaneiro.app/
Thank you, great solution!

#7 Nox

Nox

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

Looks a bit like a cell-shaded Diablo clone... no?
27" iMac, 3.4 GHz Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB, running OS 10.9

#8 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1743 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

Yes, I got bored with it in half an hour, any reason I should continue?

#9 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1195 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

I was wondering why it wasn't launching. Thanks! *Beans!*
OS X 10.10.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3520 2.66GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX680 2GB