#41 ozzy

ozzy

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Steam Name:ozzy

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

So I realize I am quite late in getting back to this.  Got back from 6 weeks of travelling late last Sunday night and turned around early morning Monday on a flight to Switzerland for work.  Figured I'd still post in case you were still saving a code for me Wumpus!

Here's my aforementioned favorite gun from BL1 (although I slightly mis-remembered some of the details...it has been probably 1.5 years since I played that game to death)
Posted Image

I haven't gotten far enough in BL2 to have any great loot, but will post a screenshot of my current character:
Posted Image

EDIT: Clearly pasting photos in doesn't work - let's try links this time...

#42 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

Yeah, that pistol was my favorite as well, though it was lower level.  It was too good, really...I got it maybe halfway through the game, and there was rarely any real point in using anything else, though I often used other weapons anyway just to have a little more of a challenge.

--Eric

#43 ozzy

ozzy

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:50 AM

It really was unfathomably good - especially in the massive DLC pack (General Knoxx maybe?).  I had a few other guns that did more damage and I would switch to sometimes, but for the Mordecai character with all the reloading and accuracy points filled, it was impossible to beat that pistol.  Every trigger pull was a headshot critical damage.

#44 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1436 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

View Postozzy, on 10 February 2013 - 04:36 AM, said:

So I realize I am quite late in getting back to this.  Got back from 6 weeks of travelling late last Sunday night and turned around early morning Monday on a flight to Switzerland for work.  Figured I'd still post in case you were still saving a code for me Wumpus!

I'm sorry ozzy, I forgot to save a code for you. I said I would, so I feel bad! The contest got pretty hectic over at MacRumors. You'll be first in line for the next contest though :)
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#45 ozzy

ozzy

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

View PostWumpus, on 20 February 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

I'm sorry ozzy, I forgot to save a code for you. I said I would, so I feel bad! The contest got pretty hectic over at MacRumors. You'll be first in line for the next contest though :)

No worries - Aspyr-Blair saw this and actually went out of his way to correct your selective amnesia and send me a code!  No need to put me at the top of the list for any other contests.

Can't wait to get back to playing BL2 again - and thanks again to Aspyr!  Much appreciated!

#46 The Animaster

The Animaster

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Steam ID:theanimaster

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

This is my current favourite loot -- I believe I picked it up in that stage where you had to take out "the brothers". Nasty place.

Up until BL2 I always though sniping was such an un-fun, boring thing to do... but with the added elemental head-shots (critical hits) it became strangely fun... and addicting : P Normally I'd snipe from afar and then send out my pet kill-bot to slow down the alerted baddies... it allows me to some time to see what other ones I have to deal with (and prime the correct weaponry for the onslaught) then I rush in, guns ablazin'

As you can see I use the Mechromancer... best DL pack I ever got!

Posted Image
Early 2011 Macbook Pro 15"@1680x1050 matte option 1GB Radeon 6750M 16GB RAM