22 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8326 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

CD Projekt RED has unveiled a new teaser trailer and details for the upcoming Cyberpunk RPG, Cyberpunk 2077. The game will take place in the world of Mike Pondsmith's pen-and-paper role playing game, and will feature a "multi-thread, nonlinear story designed for mature players."

The world of Cyberpunk 2077 presents a grim vision of the future. Tech advancement went hand in hand with the decay of society. Body augmentations invented to serve society simply multiplied the problems, and sometimes lead to mayhem on the streets. New inventions led to addictions and poverty became an even larger problem.

In Cyberpunk 2077, the player will be thrown into a dark future. The metropolis of Night City is a stage set to tell the tale of one individual, raised on the streets, who tries to lift himself up from the gutter and find a way to survive amongst boostergangs and megacorporations in a city of filth and sin. Drugs, violence, poverty and exclusion haven’t disappeared by 2077, as people stayed they were for centuries – greedy, closed-minded and weak. But not only ghosts of the past trouble mankind, but new issues have appeared. Psychos go on rampages and the streets are filled with junkies addicted to a new form of entertainment – the braindance, a cheap way to experience the emotions and stimuli of someone else, someone living a more exciting life.

Braindances are digital recordings of a person’s experience. The viewer can stream a braindance directly into his neural system via special brain augmentations, called a BD player. Braindances allow the viewer to experience all brain processes registered, including emotions, muscle movements and all stimuli perceived by the recording person.

The range of themes of these recordings varies from simple braindances made by megacorporations, which e.g. allow the viewer to feel the full experience of an explorer with all its thrills, sweats, smells, views, sounds and the real feeling of curiosity that pushes men to go beyond the horizon against fear and physical weakness. But there are also more controversial sides of braindance, because some recordings are created illegally in the underground. Entering the mind of a serial killer means not only seeing the monstrosity he performs, but also living his lust to kill and fulfillment.

You haven’t experienced the latest New Hollywood recording? You’re nobody! The streets live with braindances, everyone just got crazy and wants to be a part of this new entertainment fad. Some people push it even too far and they cannot stop living other people’s lives. If you’re not linked to a braindance right now, you are probably discussing what happened to you during your last session. Of course, just like every great new cultural movement, BDs have people who criticize them.

This is the world of 2077. The gap between high and low is bigger than ever. Drugs, violence, braindance, psychos on the loose… Will you be able to function in this defunct society or end up a BD-junky with nothing left, set aside like garbage - still living someone’s else life –not aware of what’s going on around you? Whether you like it or not - this is the age of braindance decadence; this is Cyberpunk 2077.

Learn more at the site below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Riko

Riko

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

Verrry nice trailer. :o

#3 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7095 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

View PostRiko, on 11 January 2013 - 08:15 AM, said:

Verrry nice trailer. :o

Yup. And very informative: there's actually a single image hidden pretty close to the end (around the time it says "see what else cd projekt red is up to") where they say that they are aiming at a 2015(!!) release, that the game will be a "story-heavy, nonlinear, open world RPG" and that they are also working on another project — that will be revealed on February 5.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#4 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Joo

• Admin
  • 2936 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Wasn't 2077 when the bombs fall?

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#5 ninjafoodstuff

ninjafoodstuff

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Steam ID:ninjafoodstuff

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

When was this confirmed for mac?

#6 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3003 posts
  • Steam ID:ThainEshKelch

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

Awesome trailer!!
"They're everywhere!"

And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m.

#7 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

I guess I'm in the minority, I thought it was quite bland. There's just so much slow-motion gun imagery I can take. That was pushing it. I expect more from CD Projekt.

Someone in my twitter feed said it's like a slideshow of box art for Nvidia graphics cards, which I thought was a very apt way of putting it.

#8 Tacohead

Tacohead

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

And no Mac released before 2015 will be able to run it!

-PN
27" iMac I7 (late 2013), 3.2 mhz, 16 gigs of RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB, Mac OS 10.9.2
iPad 3 64GB WiFi/iPhone 4S 32GB

#9 Cobra

Cobra

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

The music was... meh... but it looked really cool. Will keep an eye on this one.

#10 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

Im my opinion: awesome trailer and music.
ikir's personal page
MacBook pro 13" retina 2013
i5 2,6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Iris graphics
Madcatz R.A.T. MMO7, Logitech K811

#11 Frost

Frost

PowerPC Inside

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5074 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

View PostFrigidman, on 11 January 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

Wasn't 2077 when the bombs fall?
Frigidman just won the Internet.
Cypher (PowerMac G5 Quad) – 2x2.5 GHz PPC 970MP / 16GB ECC RAM / 1TB WDC Velociraptor, 2TB STX Constellation ES.2 / QuadroFX 4500 512MB
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.2 GHz Ci7 4770K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Crucial M550 M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 3TB STX Barracuda / GeForce GTX TITAN 6GB
Chromium (MacBook Pro Early 2008) – 2.6 GHz C2D T9500 / 4GB RAM / 960GB Crucial M500 / GeForce 8600M GT 512MB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 Titanium) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 480GB OWC Mercury Legacy Pro / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#12 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2655 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

The trailer was decent, but what the game is promising: open world mature sci-fi rpg - sounds incredible. I not familiar with anything else like that (fallout 3 doesn't count to me, it plays more old school then futuristic sci-fi).

I'm very excited to 2015
- Snake

Tulkas - 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 16 GB RAM || ATi 4870  ||  512 GB Crucial M500 + 2 TB WD Black || OS X Mavericks
Odinheim - Core i3 4150 @ 3.5 GHz || 16 GB RAM || GTX 760  || 120 GB Vertex 4 + 1 TB Seagate SSHD || Win 7 Pro x64

#13 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1187 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

Looked very cool. Reminiscent of the Prey 2 trailer to me. Hey, wasn't that game supposed to come out some time... uh–ever?
OS X 10.9.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3520 2.66GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX680 2GB

#14 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

Maybe this year.

--Eric

#15 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

I've been impressed with all their games so far so I'm looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 too. Will most likely be a great game.

#16 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3003 posts
  • Steam ID:ThainEshKelch

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

View PostUmarOMC1, on 13 January 2013 - 01:02 AM, said:

Looked very cool. Reminiscent of the Prey 2 trailer to me. Hey, wasn't that game supposed to come out some time... uh–ever?
It has been removed from their official list of games being worked on, and delayed, but apparently not canceled yet. Prey 1 was awesome, and even though Prey 2 looks very different, I still look forward to it!
"They're everywhere!"

And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m.

#17 Riko

Riko

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 13 January 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

It has been removed from their official list of games being worked on, and delayed, but apparently not canceled yet. Prey 1 was awesome, and even though Prey 2 looks very different, I still look forward to it!
What I recall was they Prey 2 had nothing, really nothing to do with Prey 1 except the word "prey".
Maybe they're re-thinking it, (hope so).

#18 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

View PostRiko, on 13 January 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

What I recall was they Prey 2 had nothing, really nothing to do with Prey 1 except the word "prey".

I think that's actually a good thing. First one was simple sub-par. New one sounds like a lot more fun.

#19 mindnoise

mindnoise

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Steam ID:Exploding-Bob

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

View PostRiko, on 13 January 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

I always understood Prey 2 as picking up where Prey 1 ended with Tommy settling into his 'new job' in a distant galaxy.
I really hope they will release this some day.

BTT:
While very well executed I found the 2077 teaser lacking, would never call it a trailer. Well, it's an ad after all. Really old school scenery with state of the art rendering but nothing impressive content-wise.
Still, I think the game will rock when it comes out.
hey, don´t worry - it´s only red pixels on your hands...

- MacBook Pro 13" 2011 i5@2.3GHz, intel HD3000, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.9.x / W7 Pro x64
- iPad Air, 16Gb
- MacBook C2D, 1,83GHz, intel GMA950, 2GB RAM, OSX 10.6.x / XP 32bit Home SP3
- iPad 2, 16GB
- iPod Touch 4G, 8GB
-> The (nearly) ultimate intel HD 3000 gaming performance sheet <-

#20 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 7095 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

View Postikir, on 12 January 2013 - 01:28 AM, said:

Im my opinion: awesome trailer and music.
"Bullets" by Archive, FYI.

View Postmindnoise, on 14 January 2013 - 03:10 AM, said:

I always understood Prey 2 as picking up where Prey 1 ended with Tommy settling into his 'new job' in a distant galaxy.
I really hope they will release this some day.
The early versions they had shown involved a completely new protagonist. The game was to be set in the same universe and Tommy was planned to have a cameo, but apart from this and the title it would have been a rather different game.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"