Total Immersion Racing : Mod info. . . .

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pat

Pat

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

Total Immersion Racing has an anyoing deadspot in the wheel (like CMR has)
Upon opening the config.cfg file there is a "wheel deadzone" percentage
Changing this to 0 took away the deadzone
The game is a lot more enjoyable

Found a guide on how to change the configuration files and other files of the game:

http://www.google.co...XNRW0AA&cad=rja

Didn't see much info on this so i posted it here for the record.

#2 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

SiniScope Productions Inc

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

Wow, it has been a long time since I played this game! Using a wheel with this game and using the cockpit view was great back in the day. And the racing was also pretty good. I remember reading the information about the AI having "memory" of what you do to them and coming back at you and was immediately intrigued. It was not as well implemented as they stated, but there were times that someone I ran into would cause turmoil at the end of the race by hitting me or blocking my line.

I actually started working on the released "Hardcore Physics" mod that made the game a bit harder. But I started working on VGP2 and 3 and never really looked back. The only real problem I had with the game was the front-end-pivot physics. The pivot point on the cars seemed a bit too far forward.

Sorry this is Off Topic.....
Glad to see that you are playing these great PPC racing games Pat. I am not sure if you have tried yet, but if you are running a G5, you can download the demo of the game VGP3 at www.vgp3.com. I work with Paolo Cattani and this is the original VGP3 engine. It was originally written for PPC and there is still a Universal Binary version available. It is an open wheel racing game. It is not finished, but is there to show what the engine can do. You may have to turn down a lot of the effects and some may not even function correctly, but it should still be playable. Have fun! I also worked on VGP2. But that game is long lost and very hard to find anymore. I still have it, but the license is no longer valid and I cannot release anything for it including a demo. It ran great on PPC and even slower PPC G3 Macs. If you can find a copy they are priceless in my opinion. Very underrated :happy:

#3 Pat

Pat

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

Hardcore Physics mod . . . that's interesting . . . can't find any info on it though
Tried vgp3 on my MDD 1.42 DP/ 9800 xt but it would crash at run
I have several g5's added now so I'll give it another shot
Got your vgp2 as well !

Just played the VGP3 demo on my G5
It's awesome!
How do I display FPS on screen?
Most likely buying this once I log onto the forum and get more details.

#4 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

SiniScope Productions Inc

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

View PostPat, on 08 December 2012 - 05:56 AM, said:

Hardcore Physics mod . . . that's interesting . . . can't find any info on it though
Tried vgp3 on my MDD 1.42 DP/ 9800 xt but it would crash at run
I have several g5's added now so I'll give it another shot
Got your vgp2 as well !

Just played the VGP3 demo on my G5
It's awesome!
How do I display FPS on screen?
Most likely buying this once I log onto the forum and get more details.
I might have the hardcore physics files somewhere for TIR. I will try to find them and post it here. As far as I remember, it was not finished,  but was quite a bit harder than the original.

VGP3 used to have the FPS displayed for debug purposes. But it has been since hidden. I have not worked on the game in a while, but I will see where this is and let you know here.