4 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8342 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

ZeniMax Online Studios has posted the results of the first "Ask Us Anything" Q&A answering fan questions about the upcoming MMO adaptation of Bethesda's Elder Scrolls universe. The developer answered questions on a variety of topics related to The Elder Scrolls Online.

This might also entail the rest of the game, but how big will Morrowind be compared to how big it was in TES 3? I get that the landscape will be different, but will it still be the same size, and have a similar layout? – By Ryon Burridge

It’s difficult to make a direct size comparison between the two, as they actually take place in different areas of Morrowind. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind takes place on the northern island of Vvardenfell. In The Elder Scrolls Online, you’ll get to explore Morrowind’s mainland and see areas you’ve never seen before, or haven’t seen in to the level of detail we’re presenting it in. One such area is Deshaan, the region of southern Morrowind that borders Black Marsh. That’s not to say adventurers in The Elder Scrolls Online won’t ever be able to visit Vvardenfell.

Click on the link below to read more.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1188 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

I'm going to assume ESO is going to be subscription based like most paid MMORPGs? I can't find information regarding this.
OS X 10.9.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3520 2.66GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX680 2GB

#3 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Joo

• Admin
  • 2941 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

I'm sure it will start out at the usualt $14.99/mo model with some initial 6mo packages at a discount. Then 3 months after release, they will drop that and go FreeToPlay with an item mall.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#4 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

View PostFrigidman, on 17 November 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

I'm sure it will start out at the usualt $14.99/mo model with some initial 6mo packages at a discount. Then 3 months after release, they will drop that and go FreeToPlay with an item mall.
Seems to be the route every MMO takes but WoW these days. Even TOR had to go FTP. Since I don't follow the MMO market closely, I'm not sure which subscription based MMO's outside WoW are still standing. Is there any?
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#5 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Joo

• Admin
  • 2941 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

View PostWumpus, on 17 November 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

Seems to be the route every MMO takes but WoW these days. Even TOR had to go FTP. Since I don't follow the MMO market closely, I'm not sure which subscription based MMO's outside WoW are still standing. Is there any?

Well, you CAN pay a subscription for EVE, LOTRO, and TOR... but they also have free 2 play methods as well. I used to pay the LOTRO monthly, just because I was sick of the constant nagging about coins and buying this or that.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester