#1 MacgamerHQ

MacgamerHQ

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that i have started a new blog focusing in mac games exlusively.

You can find it at: MacGamerHQ.com

Our aim will be to cover all the biggest news, the most interesting and/or high profile games, and provide top notch reviews and previews.

We will also cover the main trends affecting mac games, the top developers supporting the platform and, overall, see what's ahead.

We hope to build a community and prove mac gaming is not dead: It still has many exiting things to offer, and above all, still has many surprises held for the future.

All comments, questions and advices are more than welcome, I need your feedback in order to make it work!

Cheers,

Ric from MacGamerHQ.com

#2 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

Always nice to see someone putting effort into covering and discussing the Mac game community with their own work. Good job!

My only suggestion is to be specific about the flavor or personality. By that I mean, is this site a solo affair? If so give it your own flair. And say "My aim" etc instead of "Our aim." Ramble and write away. You don't have the restraints of being a specific news site like IMG.

I only say that as otherwise it gives the impression of a team or group running the site. iGameRadio had this problem of being run by one person, but presented as if run by several. I'm not saying you are doing anything on purpose, just something to think about.
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#3 MacgamerHQ

MacgamerHQ

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

View PostWumpus, on 16 November 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

Always nice to see someone putting effort into covering and discussing the Mac game community with their own work. Good job!

My only suggestion is to be specific about the flavor or personality. By that I mean, is this site a solo affair? If so give it your own flair. And say "My aim" etc instead of "Our aim." Ramble and write away. You don't have the restraints of being a specific news site like IMG.

I only say that as otherwise it gives the impression of a team or group running the site. iGameRadio had this problem of being run by one person, but presented as if run by several. I'm not saying you are doing anything on purpose, just something to think about.

Thanks for the comments Wumpus, I definitely see where you are coming from with these comments, and actually it is not the first time I hear this, I will keep that in mind!
Ric from MacGamerHQ.com

#4 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

The most important thing is to stay relevant (current stuff/games) interesting (good presentation/writing) and be timely. If you can throw in some humor that's always welcome.

And don't post useless popsnizzle like 2 year old game reviews or "how to get ready for the launch of Borderlands 2"  (Like another current blog is doing.) I mean..really?
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)

#5 MacgamerHQ

MacgamerHQ

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

Thanks for the advice, indeed it's not that easy to launch a successful blog.... I'll take note!

What about the rest of you guys? You must have a though or comment? Please share, it's the only way to make the blog better!

Cheers!
Ric from MacGamerHQ.com

#6 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

I noticed you had a guest blog post on Aspyr's blog, doing a review of Black Ops. Cool stuff! Hopefully it got you more traffic.

Gives me some ideas for when I launch the MGC site, hopefully this week. They did say they'd help me out before.

#7 MacgamerHQ

MacgamerHQ

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

Yeah, I have met some very cool people at the Game Agent blog, I'm glad the post came out right!
It's important to get out there! I hope I will have the chance to post there again one of these days.

What is this MGC site you're mentioning? Somehow I missed it!
Ric from MacGamerHQ.com

#8 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

Its in development, I haven't posted it out yet except to a few friends. Folks around here know the podcast, I just have to get my rear in gear and get episodes out again.

#9 MacgamerHQ

MacgamerHQ

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

I actually checked the last one out! I like it, it gave me ideas about things that should be discussed on my blog ;)
Let me know when the site is live! Anyway, thanks for the feedback so far, it's the only way to improve!
Cheers!
Ric from MacGamerHQ.com

#10 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

I tough I'd said that already: awesome blog.
ikir's personal page
MacBook pro 13" retina 2013
i5 2,6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Iris graphics
Madcatz R.A.T. MMO7, Logitech K811

#11 MacgamerHQ

MacgamerHQ

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

View Postikir, on 26 December 2012 - 04:41 AM, said:

I tough I'd said that already: awesome blog.

Thanks!
Ric from MacGamerHQ.com

#12 MacgamerHQ

MacgamerHQ

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

For those interested, passionate gamers who also enjoy writing are always welcome to Mac Gamer HQ. Don't be shy and do not hesitate to contact me  if you would like to write for Mac Gamer HQ and/or  become an author!

More information here!
Ric from MacGamerHQ.com