3 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8105 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

Blizzard Entertainment recently announced that Global Play will soon be added to its popular sci-fi real time strategy title, StarCraft II. The new feature will give players the chance to access servers in regions outside their own to play with gamers from other parts of the world. Global play will be added to the game in an upcoming patch.

Global Play will give you access to StarCraft II game servers in regions outside your own, expanding the possibilities for eSports, exposing you to maps and games that arenít yet published everywhere, and making it easy to play with your friends in other parts of the world. Each region will have separate profile data, meaning that characters, profiles, ladder rankings, progress, and friends lists will not carry over from region to region. With Global Play, youíll have other regions to choose from as you create new characters, take on different ladder opponents, and perhaps try maps that youíve never seen before.

More about Global Play:

• Players will be able to freely switch between regions via the StarCraft II login screen.
  • When your regionís game servers are undergoing maintenance, you may be able to play in a different region that is not down for maintenance.
  • Your game language and user interface will not change when you change regions.
  • Players using Global Play will be subject to the in-game policies of their selected play region.
Weíll have more details soon, including answers to your most frequently asked questions about Global Play.

Read more at the link below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Frost

Frost

PowerPC Inside

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4931 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

Well it's about time.
Cypher (PowerMac G5 Quad) – 2x2.5 GHz PPC 970MP / 16GB ECC RAM / 1TB WDC Velociraptor, 2TB STX Constellation ES.2 / QuadroFX 4500 512MB
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.2 GHz Ci7 4770K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Crucial M550 M.2, 3TB STX Barracuda / GeForce GTX TITAN 6GB
Chromium (MacBook Pro Early 2008) – 2.6 GHz C2D T9500 / 4GB RAM / 960GB Crucial M500 / GeForce 8600M GT 512MB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 Titanium) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 480GB OWC Mercury Legacy Pro / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#3 nagromme

nagromme

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1950 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

And the reason I never bought is finally lifted!

I have little interest in playing with strangers (my newbie skills would be pure frustration) but I DO want to play with actual friends—mostly not in my region.

#4 Frost

Frost

PowerPC Inside

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4931 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

Yeah, if they'd just put back LAN play it'd be a proper multiplayer game again.
Cypher (PowerMac G5 Quad) – 2x2.5 GHz PPC 970MP / 16GB ECC RAM / 1TB WDC Velociraptor, 2TB STX Constellation ES.2 / QuadroFX 4500 512MB
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.2 GHz Ci7 4770K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Crucial M550 M.2, 3TB STX Barracuda / GeForce GTX TITAN 6GB
Chromium (MacBook Pro Early 2008) – 2.6 GHz C2D T9500 / 4GB RAM / 960GB Crucial M500 / GeForce 8600M GT 512MB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 Titanium) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 480GB OWC Mercury Legacy Pro / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.