28 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8350 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

Aspyr Media has announced it will be bringing Borderlands 2 to Mac users on November 20. The sequel continues the series trademark blending of first person shooter and role playing game elements with action packed gameplay and zany humor. The game features all new characters and classes, cross platform online play, a new story, new gun system, new environments, and new enemies.

Borderlands 2 furthers the distinct blending of First Person Shooter and Role Playing genres to create the true evolution of the Role Playing Shooter. Team up with up to three other players for four-player online goodness, sharing mayhem as you spend hours leveling up your character and equipping them with one of the millions of badass weapons. Borderlands 2 features a new visually stunning array of procedurally generated guns, shields, grenades, artifacts, enemies and more. Choose one of the four new character classes to be taken through a carefully crafted and connected story to all new and surprising environments across the living planet of Pandora. Make new friends, arm them to the teeth and fight alongside them on your relentless quest for revenge and redemption.

Features:

• All-New Characters and Classes: Choose from all new characters and classes including the Gunzerker, who can dual-wield any two weapons in the game. Dual machine guns? Cool. Dual rocket launchers? Of course! Dual Sniper Rifles? Sure, if that's your thing! More tactical perhaps? There are multiple classes to choose from!
  • Play Online with Friends: Share your adventures with friends on both Mac and PC through a seamless system enabling you to drop in and drop out of a campaign without ever having to restart the game.
  • World Connected Story: Left for dead in the frozen tundra of Pandora, begin your quest of revenge and redemption as the story drives you closer to the Hyperion Corporation and its evil founder, Handsome Jack.
  • New Badass Gun System: Millions upon millions of possible weapons means tons of new and innovative ways to engage foes on Pandora. Fire, electricity, corrosive acid, and more will all be at your disposal.
  • 87 Bazillion...Everything: It's not just guns on Pandora, you will lust after procedurally generated shields,grenades, alien artifacts, class mods and much, much more.
  • Brand new environments: From the arctic tundra, through the dangerous grasslands, past the mysterious corrosive caverns to beyond, discover more of the unpredictable world of Pandora at every turn!
  • Brand new enemies: Hulking, gorilla-like Bullymongs, vicious predatory Stalkers and the Hyperion mechanical army, run by Handsome Jack, are just some of the new enemies you will face.
Requirements:

• Operating System: 10.7.5 (Lion), 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion)
  • CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core)
  • CPU Speed: 2.2 GHz
  • Memory: 4 GB
  • Hard Disk Space: 13 GB
  • Video Card – ATI: Radeon HD 2600
  • Video Card – NVidia: Geforce 8800
  • Video Memory (VRam) : 256 MB
  • Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard
From the FAQ:

Q: Does Borderlands 2 for the Mac feature Steam Play?

A: Yes! Borderlands 2 for Mac is a full-featured Steam Play title. See https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9439-QHKN-1308 for more information on how Steam Play works from Valve.

Q: Will Mac players be able to play with PC players in multiplayer co-op?

A: Yes! Although in some cases when the PC updates content, the Mac version will be out of sync with the PC for a time. Aspyr is dedicated to minimizing any downtime between the Mac and PC versions. It’s important to note that during this time where the Mac version is catching up, Mac users will still be able to play with Mac users.

Borderlands 2 is available to pre-order now for $59.95 (USD).
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1188 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

Awesome news! Pre-ordered!
OS X 10.9.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3520 2.66GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX680 2GB

#3 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3006 posts
  • Steam ID:ThainEshKelch

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

Will MGS get it?
"They're everywhere!"

And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m.

#4 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Joo

• Admin
  • 2941 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 09 November 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

Will MGS get it?

Didnt look on MGS before asking that? ;)

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#5 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

Yep, you can pre-order it from MGS right now

#6 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

It seems only GameAgent pre-order gets you the bonus content though. Shame.
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#7 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

It seems a Mac App Store version will be available in Decemeber but with different multiplayer.... it is a shame! They should have cross server like in BlackOps, MAS and Steam version play on the same server (also Trine 2 do that).

I also hope MAS version will sport all languages, usually Aspyr support only English in App Store version.... another example how Aspyr are lazy compared to Feral. I was hoping Borderlands 2 were ported by Feral... sigh.
ikir's personal page
MacBook pro 13" retina 2013
i5 2,6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Iris graphics
Madcatz R.A.T. MMO7, Logitech K811

#8 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7107 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

View Postikir, on 10 November 2012 - 07:03 AM, said:

It seems a Mac App Store version will be available in Decemeber but with different multiplayer.... it is a shame! They should have cross server like in BlackOps, MAS and Steam version play on the same server (also Trine 2 do that).
If they had done that, you no longer would be able to play with PC players on Steam. Borderlands 2 uses Steamworks for multiplayer. Trine has its own multiplayer system.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#9 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1188 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

So will the MAS version be called Borderlands 2: Crippled for Apple Compliance Edition
OS X 10.9.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3520 2.66GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX680 2GB

#10 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3006 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:44 AM

View PostFrigidman, on 09 November 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

Didnt look on MGS before asking that? ;)
Pffftt... too much work!
"They're everywhere!"

#11 star-affinity

star-affinity

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

View Postikir, on 10 November 2012 - 07:03 AM, said:

I was hoping Borderlands 2 were ported by Feral... sigh.

I'm happy they didn't port it. The first Borderlands was never able to run well i OS X, no matter what GPU you had it seems. As soon as shaders was turned on the frame rate became sluggish. Maybe it's not Feral's fault (driver problem in OS X?) but I hope Borderlands 2 will run better the the settings cranked up.

#12 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

It ran fine on my 5870, except for one or two specific spots where the framerate tanked severely for no apparent reason.

--Eric

#13 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1188 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

Feral's Borderlands port runs superfluid on my setup as well. I think Feral did a great job considering Apple's lack of a Direct X equivalent. Try turning off shadows and ambient occlusion for one. More RAM always helps... maybe a MacPro in which you can slap in a Radeon 5870 or NVIDIA GTX 285?

#14 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

Also the last patch boost performance a little, have you tried?
ikir's personal page
MacBook pro 13" retina 2013
i5 2,6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Iris graphics
Madcatz R.A.T. MMO7, Logitech K811

#15 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3006 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

I assume we'll also get a "GOTY Edition" or similar with add ons, so I think I'll wait for that one..
"They're everywhere!"

#16 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 7107 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 12 November 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

I assume we'll also get a "GOTY Edition" or similar with add ons, so I think I'll wait for that one..
Exactly what I'm thinking, too. Right now, you are already paying $80 for the game and all the DLC released by now (or $100 for the main game, the Mechromancer and the Season Pass).

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#17 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1435 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

Can't remember when Aspyr has done GOTY editions, but I don't always follow that stuff. Even so, it would probably be about a year from now, so I'm getting this when it comes out and everyone is still playing it.
Mac Mumble Server! Join the fun! Address: macgamecast.mumbleserverhost.com Port: 32438
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#18 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 7107 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

View PostWumpus, on 12 November 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

Can't remember when Aspyr has done GOTY editions, ...
About a year ago.

However, as a SteamPlay title, it shouldn't matter if Aspyr does it themselves.

#19 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1188 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:19 AM

Looks like I got duped into adding that $5.99, 2-Year download option, then.

#20 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Joo

• Admin
  • 2941 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

View PostUmarOMC1, on 13 November 2012 - 05:19 AM, said:

Looks like I got duped into adding that $5.99, 2-Year download option, then.

Doh!

I usually wait for games to be out for awhile. These days. Both so it can get some patches, and also they tend to bundle in all the DLC. All the microtransation stuff can eat up cash quick if you are not paying attention (and this is what they hope for, which is why they insist on doing it this way).

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester