#21 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

Good to hear about SteamPlay, a friend wouldn't stop trying to get me to play it. Now I will have nearly not reason not to.

…apart from whether it sucks or not. :P

Lib.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#22 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1425 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

View PostEric5h5, on 09 November 2012 - 08:58 AM, said:

I bought The Witcher on MGS a couple weeks ago using PayPal with no problems.  What browser are you using?

--Eric
Firefox. Doesn't matter, though. I get the same error using the MGS app, too. PayPal's being useless to help them resolve the issue. Just to be fair I JUST tried Safari 6.0.2, same issue!
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#23 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:43 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 09 November 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

Crap.  Now I have to upgrade to that popsnizzly iOS clone Mountain Lion.
You can easily ignore the iOS crap in it.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#24 Aspyr-Blair

Aspyr-Blair

Aspyr

• Developer
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

View PostDjevlen, on 08 November 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

Thats fair enough, not that it would keep me from buying it anyways. :)

Really cool that you can play online with your pc friends, as many of my friends are stuck with windows.

What about DLCs?, I noticed it said "DLC: Yes" on the gameagent store. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren´t there a few out allready?, if so will they be coming to the mac?, and what about future DLCs?, can we expect to get them around the same time our pc friends are getting them?

Also, will it be released on the Mac App Store?

12days to go :w00t:

We are happy to report that ALL DLC content will be supported identical to the PC (translation: AspyrRyan will be working on this game for a long time, he's one of the QA head honchos:)

The 2 DLC's available at launch will be Mechromancer, and Captain Scarlet.  We will be a little behind on DLC launches, but not far.  Our goal is to stay within 2 weeks of each launch.

MacApp version is definitely coming, we are currently shooting for a December release.

I can't tell you all how excited we are for this one.  It plays really well on A LOT of machines, and its absolutely a blast.  Thank you all for the support!

#25 BifBologna

BifBologna

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

Just noticed that BL2 was updated to 1.2.0 today. Will the Mac version be in sync when it launches on the 20th? Just curious.

#26 Aspyr-Blair

Aspyr-Blair

Aspyr

• Developer
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

View PostBifBologna, on 13 November 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

Just noticed that BL2 was updated to 1.2.0 today. Will the Mac version be in sync when it launches on the 20th? Just curious.

You are correct Bif.  Gotta hand it to Gearbox, those guys/gals are amazing!  I've never seen any dev support and follow up on their AAA title the way they have. We are crazy proud to be working on BL2 with our fellow Texans at Gearbox.

Because of the new update, we will be out of sync for a very short time.  That said, given the announcement response we are seeing with Borderlands 2, the player will have no lack of co-op Mac buddies to play with at launch :)  I can promise this, we work very closely with 2K and Gearbox to ensure out of sync time periods are kept to an absolute minimum.

#27 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

View PostHansi, on 08 November 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

I've been burned a few times over the year by Aspyr titles being lackluster in terms of keeping up with technical issues, game updates and additional content but I am happy to get the game for my Mac, was thinking about getting it for PS3 but would play it on PS3 instead.

Mainly surprised that considering the great job Feral did with the prior title they didn't do this one too.
Totally agree. Feral support is awesome... Aspyr is not.

When i've asked why Mac App Store version of BlackOps is enlish only and Steam version have many languages they replied: Ask for a refund.
Cmon....
I would buy Borderlands 2 on Mac App Sore too, but it seems it will not play with Steam version.

Don't get me wrong, i like Apsyr, they also helped Mac market since many years.

@TheBattleCat
ML is awesome imho, best OS X ever.
ikir's personal page
MacBook Pro 13" 2016 i5 2,9Ghz - 8GB RAM - 512GB SSD
Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Radeon Nitro+ RX 480 4GB
LG 34UM95 Ultrawide Thunderbolt
Steelseries Rival 300, Steelseries Siberia v3Prism, Logitech K811

#28 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

In Aspyr's defense they quite clearly list Black Ops as being English only on the MAS. So its your fault for not seeing that :P

I don't know why anyone would want to use the MAS for games. I guess if you hate Steam? The UI has some problems sure, but once you get into a game its nothing. The ease of gamer communication, updates and (if Steamplay) invites you can do make Steam the clear choice for me.

Borderlands 2 uses Steamworks for Multiplayer and all that which the MAS can't connect to if its a SteamPlay title. The reason Black Ops works is because its Mac *only* on Steam. Even then it had to lose some Steam features to get it to work.

My two cents as a Steam fan. Aspyr's port is great (I've been playing it, early access) and only 2 months after the PC release. Feral wouldn't have it out for a year. There's going to be considerably less people playing it then. And if you remember Borderlands (1) was Mac only multiplayer through GameRanger which was a HUGE pain in the ass to use. Not to mention the lack of players. What Aspyr is doing guarantees the longevity of the game on Mac. If you're the solo type of gamer you won't care, but the game is built around MP, so it makes sense.

I like Feral and Aspyr both, and they both do different things well. Feral may have better customer support, but Aspyr easily wins in the Multiplayer area which, to me, Feral falls short for several titles, most notably Bioshock 2, Dirt 2 and Borderlands. (Disclaimer, I reviewed all three.) Its basically a moot point for the MP modes in all of those games. And while they are fun on their own, the lack of anyone playing multiplayer definitely hurt it a lot for me and caused me to move on pretty quickly to another game. Its likely that BL2 in the hands of Feral would end up GameRanger only again, which would really suck.
Macgamecast.com - Mac news, reviews and more!
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#29 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

View PostWumpus, on 14 November 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

And if you remember Borderlands (1) was Mac only multiplayer through GameRanger which was a HUGE pain in the ass to use. Not to mention the lack of players.
GameRanger — yes. Mac only — no. You can play with Windows players without difficulty as long as those use GameRanger, too. And lack of players? About two years after the release of the Mac version, you can easily find 20 to 30 games to join at any time.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#30 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

Forgot GR was PC as well now (used to be Mac only awhile ago, was thinking of that.)

As far as players go I never had much luck. A lot of games had bad ping or connection errors. I do believe I got into a few, but to join another match you must quit the game...the whole experience was just a hassle. Not what I want out of my MP.
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)

#31 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1425 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Yeah, this is great news and timing; I just recently put in the time to beat Borderlands before this Borderlands 2 announcement and I hate Game Ranger. Its simply not the community it was in the few years from the betas on. Heck, my account number is 662.
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#32 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

View PostWumpus, on 14 November 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

In Aspyr's defense they quite clearly list Black Ops as being English only on the MAS. So its your fault for not seeing that :P

Yes yes, i've read that before purchasing, but i think it is no sense anyway. It shouldn't be so hard.

Game ranger is available to Windows users too, but i agree it sucks.

I use Steam since it first PC beta release, i like it but i like more to have my games on Mac App Store, easy installing on my other Mac, less issue, more stability. I don't want always to have Steam loaded, i don't care about SteamPLay since i use Mac only, i like more Game Center than Steam achievements. Steam often updates and needs restart, often the login takes a lot and some times crashes.
MacApp Store for me it is easier, faster and clean... i don't need Steam 1000000 features.
ikir's personal page
MacBook Pro 13" 2016 i5 2,9Ghz - 8GB RAM - 512GB SSD
Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Radeon Nitro+ RX 480 4GB
LG 34UM95 Ultrawide Thunderbolt
Steelseries Rival 300, Steelseries Siberia v3Prism, Logitech K811

#33 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

View PostUmarOMC1, on 16 November 2012 - 04:41 PM, said:

Yeah, this is great news and timing; I just recently put in the time to beat Borderlands before this Borderlands 2 announcement and I hate Game Ranger. Its simply not the community it was in the few years from the betas on. Heck, my account number is 662.
Yeah I had a lot more fun back in the day..I've had an account for 10+ years. I used to play Giants Citizen Kabuto online there and Rainbow Six games. These days I'm just not into it.

#34 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

It's 25% off today at MacUpdate. Though, if you are willing to wait, I assume you will be able to get it cheaper during the Steam Winter sale, since it's SteamPlay.

#35 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1785 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

UK people willing to wait a short bit can get it for £20: http://www.play.com/...-2/Product.html

#36 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1425 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

Whatever! I'm waiting until it's 50¢ on gog.com! No, really, where's my download... I wanted to download it before I headed to work. :sabber:

EDIT: What, I can't give myself beans!?

#37 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

View PostCougar, on 20 November 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

It's 25% off today at MacUpdate. Though, if you are willing to wait, I assume you will be able to get it cheaper during the Steam Winter sale, since it's SteamPlay.

Is the game fun? Not cleaning tBC's litter box-type fun, but real fun?

I'm tempted on the cel-shaded look and passable single-player experience, and the smaller online play. Any of the regulars playing?

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#38 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1425 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

STILL not out.

#39 RGoulder

RGoulder

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

Its kind of out now. Sort of.

Aspyr has sent out emails saying that the pdf is ready to download from game agent.

Wait, what?

Which tells you the code for activating borderlands 2 on steam.

Cool!! Lets start downloading!!

Which when activated says it is currently not available on steam but is coming soon. :blink:

#40 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

It looks like Steam Cloud is only supported on one platform? I.E. Mac-Mac, Windows-Windows? I loaded it up on my MBP but I don't see any of the saves from my PC. Can anyone confirm?

I'm going to copy over the saves for now but crossplatform Steam Cloud would be desirable.

IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aspyr